PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Krafts: Brady has earned the right to decide when to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god what channel is the super bowl again???

BB can talk about himself all the time. Heck, even Kraft can talk about his employees. I don't know what you made you think that this was the problem...

What I don't like is talking about internal problem, even hinting at that. That's something you won't see BB doing, but Kraft, as his last statement proves, will.

I can put a higher font on text too, if that makes it easier for you to understand
Krafts last statement was that he wasn’t going to respond to the question. How does that prove he talks about internal problems?
Wouldn’t that indicate the opposite.

Krafts last statement was that he wasn’t going to respond to the question. How does that prove he talks about internal problems?
Wouldn’t that indicate the opposite.
“No, no,” Kraft said dismissively. “There’s no dysfunction. There’s tension. And I think a certain amount of tension helps make great things happen.”

Kraft acknowledges "tension" for Pats this year

That was the statment i was refering to, Andy. As it's clear for the title of the report alone, that is enough to create stuff and may even give some nay-sayers enough to create a storm in the future, since they are clearly not above making stuff up.

It's that kind of statment that I know BB would never say. Nor his players. But Kraft, being above everyone in the organization, is very willing to do so, even if he indeed try to spin it in a positive way.

Plenty of ways to simply say it better. "No, next question" is the best one, in my opinion.

“No, no,” Kraft said dismissively. “There’s no dysfunction. There’s tension. And I think a certain amount of tension helps make great things happen.”

Kraft acknowledges "tension" for Pats this year

That was the statment i was refering to, Andy. As it's clear for the title of the report alone, that is enough to create stuff and may even give some nay-sayers enough to create a storm in the future, since they are clearly not above making stuff up.

It's that kind of statment that I know BB would never say. Nor his players. But Kraft, being above everyone in the organization, is very willing to do so, even if he indeed try to spin it in a positive way.

Plenty of ways to simply say it better. "No, next question" is the best one, in my opinion.
I’m sure there is tension, few competitors operate without any. Tension is not a bad thing and that’s what kraft was saying. There is always tension.
I’m not sure what was harmed by admitting this.

Omg, we've got armageddon now!

OK, so with that out of the way: Any chance the Hall of Fame coach and the Hall of Fame quarterback are hitting the wall, slowing down, losing their edge?

"Ha, ha, ha," McDaniels, transitioning from disbelief to belly laughs, responded. "Uh , no. No ... no, no. Nope."

Hmm. Well, any chance that Belichick is doing anything other than coaching the New England Patriots in the AFC East of the National Football League in 2018?

"Bill?" McDaniels uttered, incredulous but in a good-natured way, if that makes any sense (he was pretty much cracking up at my probe by this point). "Ha! No! Ha. I mean, you'd have to ask him, but no ... no."

Here is the reality, culled from numerous conversations with numerous people close to Brady and Belichick the past few weeks: Neither dude is going anywhere anytime soon. They just aren't. They aren't done trying to win Lombardi trophies together. Neither one is likely on his last contract with the Patriots. As much as their rivals would love it and some fans around the league would covet it, the Belichick/Brady/Robert Kraft era won't end with this latest Super Bowl appearance, 13 years after the last time they faced Philadelphia for the title.

"In all of my conversations with him I've never gotten the impression that Bill is even thinking about leaving or retiring," said one source very close to the coach. "I don't think that is a consideration."

If this is the end of the Brady-Belichick dynasty, someone forgot to tell the Patriots

Damn it, Robert What hath thou wrought?

There was an interesting paragraph in that LaCanfora piece. Though of course, it’s LaCanfora.

In fact, if there is any single factor that might actually lead to the principals scurrying out of Foxborough, it's the day Robert Kraft turns the day-to-day operations of the franchise over to his son, Jonathan, who has long been groomed for the job. That, according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, is the day that any exodus would begin. That transition would be met with trepidation, I have long heard. Until then, nothing else really matters.

There was an interesting paragraph in that LaCanfora piece. Though of course, it’s LaCanfora.

In fact, if there is any single factor that might actually lead to the principals scurrying out of Foxborough, it's the day Robert Kraft turns the day-to-day operations of the franchise over to his son, Jonathan, who has long been groomed for the job. That, according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, is the day that any exodus would begin. That transition would be met with trepidation, I have long heard. Until then, nothing else really matters.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting, too, although he didn't flesh out the "why" of it.

Any way we slice it, though, neither BB nor TB is going anywhere in the very near future, unless people are lying about it. That's certainly possible but, if it's at the lying stage, nothing Jonathan said today was going to impact what would already be in play.

I’m sure there is tension, few competitors operate without any. Tension is not a bad thing and that’s what kraft was saying. There is always tension.
I’m not sure what was harmed by admitting this.

What was the tension he admitted to, The Alex Guerrero thing or trading Jimmy G or both?

What was the tension he admitted to, The Alex Guerrero thing or trading Jimmy G or both?
He didn’t say. I took it as of course there is tension, it’s part of the territory.

Told ya'

It's football. The world isn't ending. Get over it. All I care about is whether they win this game Sunday. If they do, nothing else matters.

Aren’t you the guy who started the BELICHICK IS TO BLAME ( your caps, not mine) after the KC game in 2014? Only to then disapppear when they started running the table.

I think this board is sometimes too critical of Kraft. He comes across as an open, honest guy who also helps keep things in perspective by not buying into the ultra-secrecy if not paranoia that surrounds some of the Patriots. I think it's a healthy counterpoint to Belichick frankly. Like when he just came out and calmly admitted Brady's hand was injured, not worrying about the possible microscopic advantage this knowledge would give the Jaguars' game planning. Belichick would probably deny Brady even had a hand, or even existed, if he could :) .

Speaking of Kraft, one thing that I find annoying is people who criticize him for not "pursuing an appeal" against the NFL in the deflategate situation. Doing so would have been pointless, expensive, and distracting. Whatever the result, it would have persuaded nobody: the people who say they believe in deflategate aren't going to have their minds changed by some appeals process. He handled it absolutely as best possible with the best possible result - two rings since it started, two incredible games. And at the end, way more people believe Brady is innocent, and respect Brady, than would have after some "appeal".

He's clearly one of the best owners in NFL history. And one secret to that is this: he loves football, but he's also pragmatic. He's a fan but not a fanatic. Some board members here could maybe learn from that.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Brady as being the type that's going to stick around well after his sell by date has past and effectively set the franchise back or force it into a tough decision. I think that when his play tails off and he can't make all the throws anymore, he'll hang them up.

TB%20Birthday%203.png

The problem with Krafts statement is that Brady’s interests and the team’s interests will diverge at some point. When it does it’s the coach’s job to step in and do what’s best for the team.

Kraft just micromanaged the best coach in the history of the game and what’s even more inexplicable is the fact that he lost Parcells the same way.

One would think Kraft learned a lesson from that but apparently not. If Belichick leaves over this I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

Last edited:
The problem with Krafts statement is that Brady’s interests and the team’s interests will diverge at some point. When it does it’s the coach’s job to step in and do what’s best for the team.

Kraft just micromanaged the best coach in the history of the game and what’s even more inexplicable is the fact that he lost Parcels with the same move.

One would think Kraft learned a lesson from that but apparently not. If Belichick leaves over this I wouldn’t blame him I’d be thinking about leaving now too.

I don't think Kraft did anything. The media is clearly playing this up higher than it really is.

Here is what happened:

1. JimmyG was attempted to be dealt last spring before or around the draft. Clevleand likely DID offer a 1st rder, but it was a laughably lowe offer, so BB passed.
2. BB did not get any good offers overall, especially from the intended NFC teams.
3. NFC teams are complete morons dealing picks and players for Alex Smith, or showing no interest in JimmyG, for quite possibly a variety of reasons such as:

A. Teams are afraid to deal with BB.
B. Teams do not want to be seen as "helping" the Pats.
C. Teams are morons run by morons.

This is the picture.

SF get s a gift and a future slam drunk franchise QB, while other teams overpay and whiff in the draft over and over. Nothing more, nothing less. At least BB breaks even and gets the 2nd rd pick back. Who knows, maybe they use that pick to re-invest in a Kyle Lauletta or something this year?

So, basically, BB drafting JimmyG, working with him, was his GM due silligence, while it lit a fire under Brady, we see 2 SB titles in the process, and somehow Setj Wickermoron and other local media morons, collude to try to make more money off the Pats backs.

This is what has happaned. Kraft did nothing wrong here (he has in other places) and nor has BB.

People are jealous that BB had a backup QB behind Brady, while franchises toss draft pick after drat pick for over 20 years trying to find just one serviceable one.

Is it possible that BB feels the same way the Krafts do? That Tom can walk away on his terms, because he’s earned it? As Kontra said, Brady is the type of guy that will hang it up when he sees his performance begin to slip. BB and Kraft know that. Ugh, it is exhausting being a fan of this team some times. Dude is in the Super Bowl, again, after no doubt winning the NFL MVP at age 40. Why do we keep talking about him like he brings this team down? In regards to the tension comment, better be some in that building. I have tension every day at my job, and everyone I work with is a close friend. That tension is healthy and it’s natural. Jonathan admitting that is in no way giving credence to the ****ersham piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News