PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kinda OT: Who would you rather win the superbowl? Chiefs or Steelers?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Chiefs or Steelers?

• Total voters
And? Does Mahommes winning 7 diminish Brady's 6? No, it doesn't.
I think it does. Becomes a powerful argument for Mahomes being better.

Maybe he is. Again, it takes nothing away from what Brady has done.

Yes, as a Pats fan I love seeing Brady at the top. 6th round longshot, home-grown, he's the GoaT. As a football fan, I enjoy and respect seeing records being broken (honestly - I'm talking to you, Strahan). Every time someone is closing in on 2105 rushing, or 5477 passing, or any number of other feats the game becomes more exciting to me.

Mahomes needs to win 5 more super bowls to catch brady. I know 2 this early would feel like alot, but lets slow our rolls here. Odds are heavily against him ever coming close and if he does, kudos to f***ing him. But he has a looooong way to go, if you feel like its that likely he’ll win that many given how qbs like Peyton manning, dan marino, Aaron rodgers, drew brees, john elway, ben roethlisberger , jim kelly, dan fouts, etc etc all have 2 or less , then you may as well just come out and say you think hes better than brady.

If we stay even with pitt the next couple years until bb has time to rebuild a winner, i firmly believe we will have sole possession of the sb lead one day.

Both teams have a completely unlikeable and *probably* criminal abuser as their most or one of their most important players.

Steelers are tied with the Pats for franchise SB wins.

Easy choice.

you in the witness protection program, Sammy The Bullnord? you've been awful scarce round these here parts, pahdnuh...don't tell me you married Susie the blow-up doll.... :whistle: :whistle:

Mahomes cap hit goes up $10M in 2021, and a 2nd $10M, $20M higher than 2020, in 2022. The Chiefs have to manage the cap long term to win 7 SBs, and they are already over the cap and have to start cutting in 2021. If they are already cutting in 2021 what are the chances they will manage the cap well as their rookie deals expire? LOW CHANCE.

Can they manage the cap and keep winning? Very doubtful. Cap casualties plus one major injury makes a SB victory nearly impossible. It all changes once they pick at 30th or greater in the draft multiple years in a row, and have a max QB cap hit at the top of the market. And then the league will start making up reasons to take away draft picks ;)

It is not all about talent to win 3+ Super Bowls. It is about management. That is why lots of teams win 1 or 2 SBs and then disappear. Poor management.

What do you mean argument ?

The moment Mahomes hits 3-5 titles the media will slowly start calling him the GOAT, if he hits 6 it will more or less become publicly accepted and with 7 there is absolutely no argument left for Brady. If he gets to that amount of titles, odds are that he will blow most of Brady's records out of the history books as well.

Goods news is that even when everything goes perfectly in a season it is still damn difficult to win a title, so him getting to 5+ is overall not that likely.

What do you mean argument ?

The moment Mahomes hits 3-5 titles the media will slowly start calling him the GOAT, if he hits 6 it will more or less become publicly accepted and with 7 there is absolutely no argument left for Brady. If he gets to that amount of titles, odds are that he will blow most of Brady's records out of the history books as well.

Goods news is that even when everything goes perfectly in a season it is still damn difficult to win a title, so him getting to 5+ is overall not that likely.
I was talking about this the other day with someone. Unless he gets a few early it'll be almost impossible to get 4+. It's just so hard.

Bill & Brady caught each other at the right time of their careers and lives. Just perfect for each on and off the field.

Reid and Mahomes seemingly have that but Andy is a lot closer to the end than the beginning. I'm sure #15 will entice him to stay around a lot longer but no way they make it two decades. Maybe another 6-7 years? Reid would be 68 I believe or 69 if that's the case. Not impossible but that could be a huge impediment in front of Mahomes. A bad hire or someone that just doesn't click with him. Mahomes will be fine but a bad HC can F up a lot and make it very difficult to win.

Maybe injury after years of unorthodox throwing motions at 50 mph?

But like you said even when things go right it's incredibly hard to win a game never mind a title.

Getting a few early, like this season and next is key for Mahomes to equal or exceed the SB wins record. Cap issues and late draft position will inhibit his winning potential in seasons to come.
This Brady's Lady does not want to see Brady's SB win record even approached.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back