PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats lose, would you root for Chargers/Chiefs in SB?

For as long as I can remember a loss meant not only losing but having to watch the Steelers, Ravens, or a Manning team get a chance to walk away with the Lombardi. So essentially I’ve rooted hard for the NFC in each Super Bowl for the past 20 years.

Obviously no one here can be a real fan stomach the Colts/Irsay, but what about the Chiefs or Chargers? Would you potentially be rooting for an AFC team this year, or be neutral at the least?

So if the Patriots don’t win, then...

I would like to see Philip Rivers get a ring. He’s been a better QB than Eli and arguably than Roethlisberger, but he’s had so many crappy teams and disappointments.

I would also like to see Andy Reid finally get a ring, as he’s a very underrated coach and probably the second best of this era. He’s had to fight in the playoffs with Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb. The Chiefs have “put their time in” and been a perennial contender for years now as well, and I typically root for teams like that to get rings (rather than fluky luck teams like the Giants who are totally unworthy of their titles.)

Thoughts?
if the Pats lose. I hope the rest of the playoff games are canceled. I won't root for any other team.

Like “Let’s go Chargers?” No. I wouldn’t cheer/root for another team. But I’d be happy for Rivers if he was able to win one I guess. A good story I suppose.

What is going on what why are we talking about this just like man wait until Monday holy fucking jeremus crispus jerk off to weird ****old other team to root for fantasies after the games are played omfg i'm kind of not sober

I will pretty much never root for the AFC representative if it ain't us

If the Pats are out, I won't care all that much and will actually be able to relax on SB Sunday. But, I'll probably be pulling for Drew Brees and the Saints...the one other team to have been badly hosed by the NFL over the past decade.
As for the AFC, I don't like the Chargers, the Spanos' and many of their players from past Patriots runs, but I guess I'd rather see Rivers finally get his shot at an SB. By all accounts, he's a decent guy and no one doubts his toughness and persistence. As for Mahomes, if he's for real and not a one-season wonder, he will eventually get his shot (once KC gets a Coach who doesn't choke in big games).

If the Chiefs end up winning ChiefsPlanet will be a webpage full of literal ****s so I am rooting against them winning by all means. Would love to see Breesus Christ of the latter-day Saints get another ring though

I was gonna root for Rivers but after spending time on the Chargers board I don’t want them to get the satisfaction. Half the fans there call the Pats cheaters and want to dance on our logo as revenge for some Pats players celebrating our playoff win there years ago. I don’t like smirking Mahomes who I hope is a flash in the pan and Reid can’t manage the clock so doesn’t deserve a win. I Like Brees and the Saints and could even root for the Rams but not Jerry’s Cowboys. NEVER the Colts.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back