PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon wants out of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang hes only 24... gronk and gordon... field day for brady...

Is it really likely he will be reinstated? I mean, is there a chance he won't be or is it pretty much certain he will be? And if he isn't, is that it or will the union be flipping out?

Not sure if Gordon fits the kind of receiver belichick is looking for. He likes the smaller shifty types rather than the big guys who can catch jump balls.
Gronk (who I know is not a "WR" but he does receive the ball, and Moss (not that he had to jump for many balls) would disagree. Both are/were record setting receivers with Brady tossing them some balloons.
Gordon would be an absolute monster in this offense. A. F'N. MONSTER!

He spent a 2nd round pick on Dobson hoping he could be a player like Gordon

And it didn't exactly work out, right?

Edit... I reread your post.. He was talking about late second rounder.. So im pretty sure you are being sarcastic...so my post is no longer directed at you.

Of course i would but this is just fantasy land nonsense. If all it took was two late six rounders to get gordon.. Then he wouldnt be on the browns anymore.. There are 30 other teams, im sure over half of them would do that. the league ruled he is still under his rookie contract for two more years.. Which will be appealed im sure. But for two years he making like less than a million a year.. So i would think the browns are asking for a second.. And maybe take a third maybe not.. They might not even want to trade him.
I was sincere with my question. Wasn't sure what you meant so i asked.

Say the pats sign him and give up a third rounder to get him. If he gets caught doing anything he could be out of the league indefinitely. Sure, he's electric, but there's a ton of risk signing him too.

A 3rd rounder is way too valuable to gamble on a wild card like Gordon in my opinion, but I think it would just come down to each persons risk tolerance as robertweathers mentioned above.

If he comes here and is a perfect citizen, producing at an elite level for a 3rd rounder... then you'd look like a genius.

If he comes here and decides to smoke a joint with his crew or do something that violates his strict probation and he's banned from the league... then you look like an idiot and significantly hurt the team

In a year where we don't have a 1st round pick, that 2nd, 3rd and 4th round are solid gold. I wouldn't trade anything lower than a 6th for someone like Gordon who has a HUGE amount of risk associated with him

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, and for that reason I would not invest any significant draft capital in a player like him

Lot of people on here saying why would the Browns wasn't to get rid of him. Why wouldn't they want to? Yeah the guy is talented young WR but does a new coaching staff looking to start fresh want someone on his roster who does not want to be there? Not only does the player not want to be there but as we all know is one infraction of getting suspended for the year. If I personally were a new HC of a team I would want guys on my roster who want to be there who want to help turn a dysfunctional organization around. Now lets be clear, I don't think the Pats make a move for him, but if they were going to I wouldn't give up more then a 4th rounder.

To me, it's just another red flag that Gordon is saying he doesn't want to be in Cleveland... posting on twitter about his 1 good year where he made the pro bowl/all pro.. what gives him the right to say anything about what he does or doesnt want to do... the guy would be incredibly fortunate just for another opportunity at a career in the nfl... he's in no position to be whining about which team he does or doesn't want to play for..

He should be shutting his mouth and praying to the old gods and the new for the privilege of getting yet another chance to make lots of money playing a game.... instead, before he's even been reinstated, he's saying he doesnt want to be a Cleveland Brown and posting his accolades on twitter promoting himself

if you wouldn't send a late-round 2nd pick for JOSH GORDON you're out of your god damn mind.

I'd argue the exact opposite... you'd be completely out of your mind to spend a very valuable 2nd round pick on a WR that has been suspended from the league on 3 separate occasions and is currently trying to be reinstated after being suspended for over a year.

All it takes is 1 beer, 1 glass of wine/champagne, 1 puff of the magic dragon and hes BANNED FOR LIFE.

You don't spend 2nd round draft capital on a huge risk like that, imo

Browns are clearing house. Send Gordon over to us, he won't find a better team culture to elevate his game. He understands our hate for the Commissioner.

Come join the F-U Tour 2016 Josh, demand the trade out of Cleveland!

To me, it's just another red flag that Gordon is saying he doesn't want to be in Cleveland... posting on twitter about his 1 good year where he made the pro bowl/all pro.. what gives him the right to say anything about what he does or doesnt want to do... the guy would be incredibly fortunate just for another opportunity at a career in the nfl... he's in no position to be whining about which team he does or doesn't want to play for..

He should be shutting his mouth and praying to the old gods and the new for the privilege of getting yet another chance to make lots of money playing a game.... instead, before he's even been reinstated, he's saying he doesnt want to be a Cleveland Brown and posting his accolades on twitter promoting himself

He did screw up on multiple occasions, but at the same time, some of the NFL's rules and policies that got him are ridiculous. A 1 year ban (followed by a permanent one for another offense) for something like marijuana or alcohol is absolutely insane. Maximum for repeated marijuana use should be 6-8 games.

He did screw up on multiple occasions, but at the same time, some of the NFL's rules and policies that got him are ridiculous. A 1 year ban (followed by a permanent one for another offense) for something like marijuana or alcohol is absolutely insane. Maximum for repeated marijuana use should be 6-8 games.
Agree that the substance of the substance abuse program is far from perfect, but everyone does have to play by it, and while it's occasionally confusing or counterintuitive it's not a secret.

Gotta side heavily with JarOMayo that all Gordon should be tweeting is pictures of him working out and all he should be saying, perhaps even privately, is something the theme of "I've learned a lot from this experience and if I get another chance I know I won't blow it" or "I'm hopeful that I'll be reinstated soon and I'm getting ready to tear it up for the Cleveland Browns, can't wait to meet my new coach and teammates"

Agree that the substance of the substance abuse program is far from perfect, but everyone does have to play by it, and while it's occasionally confusing or counterintuitive it's not a secret.

Gotta side heavily with JarOMayo that all Gordon should be tweeting is pictures of him working out and all he should be saying, perhaps even privately, is something the theme of "I've learned a lot from this experience and if I get another chance I know I won't blow it" or "I'm hopeful that I'll be reinstated soon and I'm getting ready to tear it up for the Cleveland Browns, can't wait to meet my new coach and teammates"

I don't see anything wrong with what he's tweeting. He is tweeting all sorts of stuff relating to wanting to play football again, working out, etc.. He's not promoting himself on twitter at all. He has something like "NFL ALL-PRO WR" in his twitter bio - that's it. Touching the 'like' button on a few tweets from fans baiting him about potential landing spots isn't that big of a deal IMO.

The Browns lost two o line men to fa ot and center maybe one of our centers would interest them. Andrews started 8, 9 games this past year I think then they would only have to draft a tackle. I also would not do anything until Gordon is active.

Gordon would be great, but this is going to be like Forte all over again. We're going to say, "wow, wouldn't he be a great fit?" but then downplay the fact that probably 29 other teams in the league are thinking the same thing.

Yea i completely agree that its totally insane how harsh the punishments were for him smoking a little weed, and then having like 1 drink at a wedding or something? and he gets suspended for almost 2 years.. pretty fricken insane, but thats Roger Goodell's NFL and its the cold, hard reality of it all..

Also, put my tinfoil hat on for a second, I'm sure he'd be given even less of a leash if he were on the Patriots... Park Avenue would hire someone in a full time position just to follow Gordon around so they could "Get Em" and hurt the Patriots

Dobson was frequently out from injuries. Gordon was often suspended for drugs and stupidity. Who has actually played more games?

Send Gordon directly to jail. It's where he belongs. BB won't suffer fools gladly, and Gordon is a BIG BIG FOOL. He would never waste his time with him.

No thanks.

Gordon would be great, but this is going to be like Forte all over again. We're going to say, "wow, wouldn't he be a great fit?" but then downplay the fact that probably 29 other teams in the league are thinking the same thing.

And more recently Mohammad Sanu just signed with the Falcons instead of here. This is the most competitive Free Agency period I've ever seen, so all hands on deck. We're bound to make some interesting trades or signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down