PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon wants out of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is Randy Moss with an alcohol and drug problem

Mr Moss was known to take a toke or two with the wacky tobacky.

I believe he'd go through waivers. Titans/Chargers/Cowboys/Jags/Ravens would get him.

damn..youre right.

send them a 5th rounder. possibly a 4th.

do it before goodell takes the picks away from us!

damn..youre right.

send them a 5th rounder. possibly a 4th.

do it before goodell takes the picks away from us!
Who's to say Goodell wouldn't void the trade saying it was unfair ?

Look the guy is as talented as they come, but he's one slip-up away from being totally banned by the league.

If he's cut, definitely sign him up. But there's no way I'd trade assets for a guy who may not even make it to Training Camp.

I'll challenge you on this because I read your posts and you are not closed minded.

Name the highest pick you would give up for Josh Gordon both conditionally and unconditionally.

For example...

Patriots acquire Josh Gordon for a 5th round draft choice. If Gordon completes the 2016 season, it becomes a 4th.

You don't do that deal?

It's Cleveland, of course he wants out.

I'll challenge you on this because I read your posts and you are not closed minded.

Name the highest pick you would give up for Josh Gordon both conditionally and unconditionally.

For example...

Patriots acquire Josh Gordon for a 5th round draft choice. If Gordon completes the 2016 season, it becomes a 4th.

You don't do that deal?

I would absolutely trade the 2017 4th round pick that we don't have for Josh Gordon.

For example...

You don't do that deal?

I'd do a 5th that becomes a 3rd (2017). I'd rather get a proven All-Pro talent like Gordon for a 3rd instead of another risk of a bust in the 3rd round, who likely won't do much in the offense until year 2-3 anyway.

What's also important is whether he wins his grievance over how many accrued season he has, which affects if he becomes an FA in 2017 or an RFA.

I'd do a 5th that becomes a 3rd (2017). I'd rather get a proven All-Pro talent like Gordon for a 3rd instead of another risk of a bust in the 3rd round, who likely won't do much in the offense until year 2-3 anyway.

What's also important is whether he wins his grievance over how many accrued season he has, which affects if he becomes an FA in 2017 or an RFA.

Very true.

With a talent like Gordon you take a reasonable risk to get him

If in 2016 Gordon is a 80/1200/10TD guy in this offense a 3rd is a steal.

Look the guy is as talented as they come, but he's one slip-up away from being totally banned by the league.

If he's cut, definitely sign him up. But there's no way I'd trade assets for a guy who may not even make it to Training Camp.

Rather than the slip-up, I'm more concerned about made up accusations.
"He was drunk!"
"No, we didn't record the BAC level, but he smelled of alcohol"
"We recovered a text message stating he was "thirsty" after a workout, further, we have text messages from the equipment manager indicating he is going to "get boots" for Gordon."

If i lived in CLE i would want out as well

But i am sick of this..Gordon to Pats talk. it ain't happening

For example...

You don't do that deal?

Haha I'll take as a compliment.

Yeah, I would probably give a 5th for Gordon. But I wouldn't go any lower than that.

More like a 6th and if he completes the season it turns into a 5th.

But I just don't have faith in the kid. He's been given every opportunity in the world, yet he still party's with known addicts like Manziel, when he hasn't even been reinstated yet. Not a fan of that lack of judgment.

Hey, love to be proven wrong though.

The browns dont pay him anything.. Therefore he is worth much more via a trade. However since he has been suspended more time than he has played people wil not give what he is worth. The browns have no reason to get rid of him as his value will only go up. With his history and his low salary we are all living in a fantasy world if we think he is coming to new england.

Not sure where you get that Gordon has been suspended more time than he's played, but that's false. Gordon has played in 35 games. He's been suspended for 27 games.

It doesn't matter what Josh Gordon does or doesn't want he has zero leverage. If the Browns want to get rid of him then a deal could be had but most teams won't give up that kind of production for next to nothing.

Not sure where you get that Gordon has been suspended more time than he's played, but that's false. Gordon has played in 35 games. He's been suspended for 27 games.
I was being a tad dramatic.. I count 28 suspended games 2 in 2013, 10 in 2014, 16 in 2015. He came into the league in 2012. So how bout this.. He has been suspended every year except his rookie year. Also that is not a good trajectory. 2 games, 10 games, then a full season. Doesnt really seem like he is learning any lessons.

Haha I'll take as a compliment.

Yeah, I would probably give a 5th for Gordon. But I wouldn't go any lower than that.

More like a 6th and if he completes the season it turns into a 5th.

But I just don't have faith in the kid. He's been given every opportunity in the world, yet he still party's with known addicts like Manziel, when he hasn't even been reinstated yet. Not a fan of that lack of judgment.

Hey, love to be proven wrong though.
It is.

I think it's reasonable to give up something to have a chance at that type of talent in your offense. Its all a matter of risk tolerance. What you propose is not unreasonable or ultra-conservative. They gave up a 5th for Haynesworth and he was a problem child.

It is.

I think it's reasonable to give up something to have a chance at that type of talent in your offense. Its all a matter of risk tolerance. What you propose is not unreasonable or ultra-conservative. They gave up a 5th for Haynesworth and he was a problem child.

True. I've just seen absurd trade proposals like Grappolo for Gordon and a late round pick and such.

If it's a 5th or 6th, I certainly won't cry myself to sleep, but that's a move I make once I know for sure he's 100% reinstated and is working on his problem.

As it is right now, I don't make that move.

True. I've just seen absurd trade proposals like Grappolo for Gordon and a late round pick and such.

If it's a 5th or 6th, I certainly won't cry myself to sleep, but that's a move I make once I know for sure he's 100% reinstated and is working on his problem.

As it is right now, I don't make that move.
Yes- he needs to be re-instated before any trade is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News