PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon: finishes rehab, hopes to be reinstated before week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

I think there should be something similar to Godwin's Law the moment someone brings out the old stop playing madden line. Let's call it Gordon's Law :p

I am good with the wrs we have unless Mitchell doesn't come back 100 percent. I expect the timing to get better with the wrs and brady. Josh Gordon would be a nice toy but it ain't gonna happen.

I think there should be something similar to Godwin's Law the moment someone brings out the old stop playing madden line. Let's call it Gordon's Law :p
But it's true. Football video gamers and fantasy players get brainwashed into believing the position of wide receiver is the sport's be-all/end-all. It explains threads like this and others hyperventilating over getting Larry Fitzgerald, bringing back Randy Moss, etc., etc.

But it's true. Football video gamers and fantasy players get brainwashed into believing the position of wide receiver is the sport's be-all/end-all. It explains threads like this and others hyperventilating over getting Larry Fitzgerald, bringing back Randy Moss, etc., etc.

I think Fitzgerald would be perfect here. I can see that happening more than josh Gordon . Not to say that it will happen but bill always liked him as a player and person.

I think Fitzgerald would be perfect here. I can see that happening more than josh Gordon . Not to say that it will happen but bill always liked him as a player and person.

Fitzgerald would have been perfect here 10 years ago. Now he'd be a 34-year-old slot receiver making the 2nd most money on the team.

Fitzgerald would have been perfect here 10 years ago. Now he'd be a 34-year-old slot receiver making the 2nd most money on the team.

That 34 year old slot receiver can still play. It's a rental

It explains threads like this and others hyperventilating over getting Larry Fitzgerald, bringing back Randy Moss, etc., etc.
I know. After 7 years, I'm starting to think that Moss is never going to come back.

I dont really think the josh gordon of 2013 exist anymore. That was 4 years ago... i dont know if any player can produce after 4 years on the bench. Anyways hes still on cleveland, he has addiction and reliabilty issues which doesnt exactly scream the patriot way. I mean have we ever had a guy like that on this team? Bill doesnt put up with reliability problems and since he is still on cleveland bill would have to trade for him. This seems like pie in the sky nonsense.

I dont really think the josh gordon of 2013 exist anymore. That was 4 years ago... i dont know if any player can produce after 4 years on the bench. Anyways hes still on cleveland, he has addiction and reliabilty issues which doesnt exactly scream the patriot way. I mean have we ever had a guy like that on this team? Bill doesnt put up with reliability problems and since he is still on cleveland bill would have to trade for him. This seems like pie in the sky nonsense.

Thanks for reading the thread, in which people discuss how dominant he was in the preseason last year and how many players Belichick has brought in whose rap sheets are far more severe than Gordon's.

The reason it won't happen is because Cleveland isn't going to trade him away because they'd be getting pennies to the dollar for a transcendent talent and pairing him with Corey Coleman could be terrifying.

Thanks for reading the thread, in which people discuss how dominant he was in the preseason last year and how many players Belichick has brought in whose rap sheets are far more severe than Gordon's.

The reason it won't happen is because Cleveland isn't going to trade him away because they'd be getting pennies to the dollar for a transcendent talent and pairing him with Corey Coleman could be terrifying.
Before you post a snarky comment like this why dont you take the time to really read what I posted. I didnt say rap sheet. I am perfectly aware of stalworth's and even blounts history. I said reliability and addiction issues. Both blount, stalworth and others bill signed didnt have these particular set of issues. If you have a drug problem and you cant stay on the field...thats not a player we have signed before. Last sorry I didn't address the ridiculous, he was dominant in games that don't count argument. Preseason give me a break.

Before you post a snarky comment like this why dont you take the time to really read what I posted. I didnt say rap sheet. I am perfectly aware of stalworth's and even blounts history. I said reliability and addiction issues. Both blount, stalworth and others bill signed didnt have these particular set of issues. If you have a drug problem and you cant stay on the field...thats not a player we have signed before. Last sorry I didn't address the ridiculous, he was dominant in games that don't count argument. Preseason give me a break.

Floyd had multiple DUIs, one that involved him falling asleep at the wheel.

Few thoughts...

Josh Gordon has not played football since 2014. It is almost 2018.

The Patriots have won 2 SBs since Gordon last took a snap on a NFL field.

Floyd had multiple DUIs, one that involved him falling asleep at the wheel.
Floyd had one DUI in the NFL, and Belichick brought him in at the end of the season on the short term due to the injury concerns when he was cut from the Cardinals. At that time, Floyd had not yet gone to court.

If we have injury concerns at the end of the season and the Browns decide to cut him, I'm sure he'd be given consideration for a short term roster spot, too. Of course, he'd actually have to be eligible to play in the league, first.

Few thoughts...

Josh Gordon has not played football since 2014. It is almost 2018.

The Patriots have won 2 SBs since Gordon last took a snap on a NFL field.
Has to be one of the sillier arguments that have been made in awhile. If Gordon ever manages to get reinstated and proves that he can 1) stay clean and pass his tests, 2) play at the same level as before, and 3) the Browns see #1 and #2, yet still decide that they want to part with him, then maybe Belichick would consider him.

Of course, it would likely take at least a year for him to prove this, if not longer, and that "year" isn't likely to start anytime soon.

Floyd had one DUI in the NFL, and Belichick brought him in at the end of the season on the short term due to the injury concerns when he was cut from the Cardinals. At that time, Floyd had not yet gone to court.

If we have injury concerns at the end of the season and the Browns decide to cut him, I'm sure he'd be given consideration for a short term roster spot, too. Of course, he'd actually have to be eligible to play in the league, first.

He was brought in for a compensatory pick. He was only active for 3 games and we said good bye and got our pick. Not a great example.

I stand corrected. Also the viking signed him after the comp period so we wont get one from them. He was here for very few games and we did not have to trade for him. My point was i am not sure why out of all the comments made in this thread mine was the one the previous poster got snarky about.

Its not used for that at all and you know it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand