PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon: finishes rehab, hopes to be reinstated before week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
OT: Josh Gordon

He's eligible to apply for reinstatement next week.
He's gotten screwed over by Goodell -- an honest mistake cost him an entire season.
Thoughts on if he'll be allowed back in, or will the NFL drag their feet?

I think the NFL will reinstate him. He's been in rehab, he's doing everything Goodell told him to do. To refuse reinstatement at this point would turn just make the league look petty and malicious, rather than like its looking out for the welfare of its players and trying to encourage positive outcomes.

I'd be sure that he was on the path to near-term reinstatement if not for the fact that you have to always consider that, faced with an obvious choice, the NFL will sometimes go in the exact opposite direction for insanely cynical, petty, and/or stupid reasons.

Hmmm.

If we ever needed him, now might be a good time.

Already have Cooks and Hogs. Dorsett might be ok. Have the RBs. MM and DA have durability concerns. So does Gronk, actually.

Wouldn't be a lot of pressure to perform and a WR1 or WR2 level.

Why the hell not.

He's gotten screwed over by Goodell -- an honest mistake cost him an entire season.
Wait....didn't we just have this conversation about how he was getting screwed by the NFL several months back? And then he went to rehab again, lol.

Actually, this is at least the second or third time we've been talking about how bad he has it (last summer, too) and yet, oddly enough, he keeps going back to rehab.

Now, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but it would seem as though he's got a bona fide problem in some capacity.

Wait....didn't we just have this conversation about how he was getting screwed by the NFL several months back? And then he went to rehab again, lol.

Actually, this is at least the second or third time we've been talking about how bad he has it (last summer, too) and yet, oddly enough, he keeps going back to rehab.

Now, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but it would seem as though he's got a bona fide problem in some capacity.

I think it's a bit of both. I have basically no sympathy for the guy, since if not drinking or smoking weed is a condition of making millions of dollars that should be a pretty damn easy choice to make. But while acknowledging that, I think it's fair to say that he's got a raw deal from the NFL. Just because the arbitrary and weirdly punitive standard placed on him by the league should have been easy enough to meet doesn't change the fact that he's being subjected to an arbitrary and weirdly punitive standard.

Basically, I don't see any good guys here. He should be reinstated, and I think he will be, and I don't think this'll be the last time he has issues of this nature. And that's why every time someone floats the idea of the Patriots trading for him I'll always answer with an emphatic "no thanks".

Maybe but clearly the Patriots are ok with WRs who have a history of substance abuse problems.

Is he in WR shape or can he rush the passer? :D

I think the NFL will reinstate him. He's been in rehab, he's doing everything Goodell told him to do. To refuse reinstatement at this point would turn just make the league look petty and malicious, rather than like its looking out for the welfare of its players and trying to encourage positive outcomes.
Goodell - "Um, yea. So what"

Hmmm.

If we ever needed him, now might be a good time.

Already have Cooks and Hogs. Dorsett might be ok. Have the RBs. MM and DA have durability concerns. So does Gronk, actually.

Wouldn't be a lot of pressure to perform and a WR1 or WR2 level.

Why the hell not.

I was thinking more in the likes of Fitzgerald. I think he's a smart guy and he would excel in this offense. I would give up a 5th for him. That's assuming the cardinals will go down the tubes this season.

"An honest mistake cost him a season"? I was thinking he was a pothead blowing millions of dollars because he wouldn't comply with not smoking at certain times. Wouldn't mind working him out, but always thinking WTF.

I was thinking more in the likes of Fitzgerald. I think he's a smart guy and he would excel in this offense. I would give up a 5th for him. That's assuming the cardinals will go down the tubes this season.
Fitzy would absolutely be the choice over Flash.

Not sure how the money would work out. Hes on the books for $11m this year but some is bonus and the other part salary.

He's soo good

can he play the slot though?
Nah, doesn't matter, he could be so good.

I wouldn't buy him for too much, he is still a very risky decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back