PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where will Josh Gordon end up if he is reinstated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Reports say that Josh Gordon will hear around draft time if he will be reinstated.

He is living with his business manager.

Josh Gordon set to apply for reinstatement, again

He been training with an ex Olympian track star.

Suspended Josh Gordon trains with ex-Olympian

This guy has not been in the NFL in a while, but he looked awesome in his preseason games last year.

I know we are in good shape with receivers, but this guy is an incredible talent & his only real problem is alcohol & weed.

He will be tested often & I expect him reinstated because when he went to detox last year it was for Alcohol which is considered a disease.

I don't know if he had the brains to grasp our offense.... but the thought of Gordon, Cook, Edelman & Gronk together is scary.

Week 12: Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon highlights

I know the Dola Koolaid drinkers are going to have a panic attack, but we could get this guy for short money & give him performance incentives.

Don't get me wrong.... Amendola is a great teammate & a clutch player, but we could get this guy for half what we pay Amendola.

Note: This thread will in no way influence Belichick decision making, so if you start hyperventilating... please breath into a paper bag.

we could get this guy for half what we pay Amendola.

Amendola reportedly is willing to sign for +/- $2 million. He plays a different role than Gordon would and is not a head case. No need for another high-maintenance WR here, especially one as iffy between the ears as Gordon.

I like it, but got a feeling most will hate it.
Change of scenery may be what this guy needs.

Can we stop acting like he's coming here, especially after getting Cooks?

Realistically, some teams that would make sense for him include: Tennessee, Buffalo, Baltimore, Chicago, NYJ and Washington. Those are just some off the top of my head.

Hes still on the Browns isnt he?

I like it, but got a feeling most will hate it.
Change of scenery may be what this guy needs.

I agree..... If Belichick would gamble on Albert Haynesworth, Corey Dillon & Randy Moss, Legarette Blount, This seems right up his alley.

We know Belichick loves High risk, High reward players he can get on a team friendly deal.

He'd be easy to get along with...

giphy.gif

We already have to deal with Gronk only being in the line-up half of the time - what is the impact to the offense, both in terms of personnel and gameplanning, if you add another key player who can be relied upon to miss time?

If his head is on straight, he and Cooks are 1 and 1a. He would need some time but by November he is back to being Flash Gordon.

If Gronk is Gronk, Jules, Hogan and MM are in starvation mode

If his head is on straight, he and Cooks are 1 and 1a. He would need some time but by November he is back to being Flash Gordon.

If Gronk is Gronk, Jules, Hogan and MM are in starvation mode
I was looking at it more from a 2018 perspective...Very good chance Dola, and Edelman both could be gone.

Watch Gordon run away from Aqib Talib in this video.
This is when Talib was with the Patriots.
I was at the game, and Talib got left in the dust.

You beat me to it. I was about to say, this is a guy who destroyed the #1 CB of one of our main rivals. Plus, price would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes