PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JoeJuan Williams arrested (drugs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police found acetaminophen hydrocodone prescription pills, valacyclovir hydrocodone pills, some amount of marijuana, hand-rolled marijuana cigarettes and illegal paraphernalia.
When you have such stuff in your car, you don't speed.
Hope he’s not cut lol it he another second rounder wasted

Police found acetaminophen hydrocodone prescription pills, valacyclovir hydrocodone pills, some amount of marijuana, hand-rolled marijuana cigarettes and illegal paraphernalia.
When you have such stuff in your car, you don't speed.

Understatement of the century....especially in a state that routinely ranks in the top 5 for most draconian Marijuana laws in the country.

Understatement of the century....especially in a state that routinely ranks in the top 5 for most draconian Marijuana laws in the country.
Logic rarely applies to those who are making the decision to ride that dirty in the first place. Lots of them are not only speeding, but they’ve got weed smoke pouring out of the car, too. Some of them are actually attempting to transport large amounts of drugs. Some of the stories are baffling.

Logic rarely applies to those who are making the decision to ride that dirty in the first place. Lots of them are not only speeding, but they’ve got weed smoke pouring out of the car, too. Some of them are actually attempting to transport large amounts of drugs. Some of the stories are baffling.

The report said that Williams had a large amount of green grass.

Even if the Pats keep him, Williams is now subject to random NFL drug testing. The odds arent good that he wont fail a test in the near future.

Very very true

The report said that Williams had a large amount of green grass.

Even if the Pats keep him, Williams is now subject to random NFL drug testing. The odds arent good that he wont fail a test in the near future.

We can only hope this is a wake up call for him. If not, you are probably correct.

Quite a blow to the Pats' transition plans for the secondary personnel if he doesn't figure this out.

I had hoped that he would transition into the Chung covering a TE type role. He still might, but seems more risky to project that now.

My guess is MJ will no longer be tested for in the NFL in a year or two. Overall, not too worried.

My guess is MJ will no longer be tested for in the NFL in a year or two. Overall, not too worried.

I tend to agree. At the least, I think it will be a chip played in the CBA negotiations.

Having said that, the NFL likes to "trial balloon things" to their fan base typically. This issue doesn't play all that well with fans in many corners; even if the issue at a national level is like 65-35 positive. I mean lets be honest, there are prominent people in American politics who thought the KKK were good dudes until he found out they smoked weed....more than a couple of neighbors down here in Dixie truly believe it is the "Devil's Lettuce"

Wasn’t he supposed to be a “high character” guy?

Wasn’t he supposed to be a “high character” guy?

I mean, I'm not gonna sit here and argue that carrying illicit drugs is synonymous with a "high character" act, but assuming he wasn't actively harming others in the process, how concerned should we really be about his character?

There are plenty of people who do not abuse any drugs and are completely immoral sacks of sh*t. Likewise, there are drug users who are good humans and treat others well.

As long as JJW isn't harming others I really couldn't care less. Only concern beyond that would be physical dependence, which isn't really a character issue to me.

JJW is apparently saving 95%+ of his salary, so I'm not worried that we got a loose cannon; more so just young and naive; it was astronomically naive to be speeding in general, but especially while carrying that stuff.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm not gonna sit here and argue that carrying illicit drugs is synonymous with a "high character" act, but assuming he wasn't actively harming others in the process, how concerned should we really be about his character?

There are plenty of people who do not abuse any drugs and are completely immoral sacks of sh*t. Likewise, there are drug users who are good humans and treat others well.

As long as JJW isn't harming others I really couldn't care less. Only concern beyond that would be physical dependence, which isn't really a character issue to me.

JJW is apparently saving 95%+ of his salary, so I'm not worried that we got a loose cannon; more so just young and dumb. It was astronomically dumb to be speeding in general, but especially while carrying that stuff.
I’m not saying he’s a bad guy or anything like that but when I hear someone is a “high character” guy I don’t assume you’ll hear them get caught with a bunch a weed and prescription pain pills inside of a year on the team.

The pot is what stood out to you?

The pot is what stood out to you?

For the following reasons, yes.

1. Reports stated he was driving with "rolled joints" and "a large amount of Marijuana". As a fellow consumer of such things, even with a task specific jar, that stuff smells; assuming you are buying anything better than Mexican brick weed. The idea that you would drive 20 over the speed limit in a car that would have almost certainly had an odor is asking for trouble.

2. The pills are a concern obviously, but in the context of the story, 1, aren't shocking to me (professional athlete in a contact sport - he certainly isn't alone in consuming such things), and 2, pills are much easier to hide because they don't smell like you got blasted by a skunk. Far more stealthy to transport.

3. If his car didn't presumably reek of weed, I figure the chances a trooper searching his car merely because of speeding would have been less*

4. I haven't educated myself on TN laws about Rx pills, but their rules for Marijuana are hilariously draconian - anything over an ounce is punishable by 6 years in prison on the first offense. 6 years in pound me in the ass prison for a bag of weed is hilariously out of whack compared to the "danger" of the crime.

*Realizing that a black guy in America has a different experience with cops in the US than I do, in a vacuum, 20MPH over the limit doesn't typically lead to a search of the car unless something else seems off...like perhaps your car stanking. I personally got pulled over doing 84 in a 65 on 95 in Sharon. Other than the statie suffering from some of the worst Napoleon Complex I have ever seen, he didn't dig through my car.

Last edited:

That reminds me of an incident I witnessed at a 24 hour gas station that used to hire a police detail on Friday nights to keep the punks away.

As I was filling my tank I noticed a car with 4 kids in it drive up and park in a handicap space. The officer on duty inside noticed it and came out to tell the kid to roll down his window. When the kid did as he was told the pot smoke came billowing out.

That does Williams no good if he tests positive in 2020.

For the following reasons, yes.

1. Reports stated he was driving with "rolled joints" and "a large amount of Marijuana". As a fellow consumer of such things, even with a task specific jar, that stuff smells; assuming you are buying anything better than Mexican brick weed. The idea that you would drive 20 over the speed limit in a car that would have almost certainly had an odor is asking for trouble.

2. The pills are a concern obviously, but in the context of the story, 1, aren't shocking to me (professional athlete in a contact sport - he certainly isn't alone in consuming such things), and 2, pills are much easier to hide because they don't smell like you got blasted by a skunk. Far more stealthy to transport.

3. If his car didn't presumably reek of weed, I figure the chances a trooper searching his car merely because of speeding would have been less*

4. I haven't educated myself on TN laws about Rx pills, but their rules for Marijuana are hilariously draconian - anything over an ounce is punishable by 6 years in prison on the first offense. 6 years in pound me in the ass prison for a bag of weed is hilariously out of whack compared to the "danger" of the crime.

*Realizing that a black guy in America has a different experience with cops in the US than I do, in a vacuum, 20MPH over the limit doesn't typically lead to a search of the car unless something else seems off...like perhaps your car stanking. I personally got pulled over doing 84 in a 65 on 95 in Sharon. Other than the statie suffering from some of the worst Napoleon Complex I have ever seen, he didn't dig through my car.

Cops can’t randomly search you when they pull you over for a traffic offense. However if the see another violation “in plain sight” then they can seize that item. So say you get pulled over for speeding and you bong or half drank beer in the cup holder, they can expand the scope of the stop Past the traffic offense.

the other way they can expand the stop into a search is if they can establish “reasonable suspicion” “the car smelled like weed” the drivers speech was slurred, etc.

now I doubt Williams was dumb enough to have a lot of weed in plain sight, so I’m guessing the car smelled like pot.

Cops can’t randomly search you when they pull you over for a traffic offense. However if the see another violation “in plain sight” then they can seize that item. So say you get pulled over for speeding and you bong or half drank beer in the cup holder, they can expand the scope of the stop Past the traffic offense.

the other way they can expand the stop into a search is if they can establish “reasonable suspicion” “the car smelled like weed” the drivers speech was slurred, etc.

now I doubt Williams was dumb enough to have a lot of weed in plain sight, so I’m guessing the car smelled like pot.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but the idea that cops (as a general entity) haven't or don't play "fast/loose" with what they are "legally" allowed to do, simply isn't backed up by what we can see from examples around the country.

It literally comes down to the cop in question saying "I had a reasonable suspicion of X...." which is pretty broad statement which then opens up a "well I suspected X and then found A,B and C in the car"

This is exactly why something like 35 states have now banned the "Sniff and Search" concept for weed.

There was a somewhat famous story in PA I believe at the end of last year where a cop said "he got a wiff of weed" in a car and then searched and found pot and a handgun....the judge threw out that evidence because the mere smell wasn't a justifiable "reasonable suspicion" because someone in the car had a medical card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes