PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Haden Cut

He knew he wasn't getting that money from any team so he wants a 1 year prove it Deal.
Dallas makes the most sense when you think about he wants the most playing time with a contender.
Only way he comes here is if he's ready to fight for it or if we are planning to trade or release Butler.
More I think about it I don't see him coming here.
Just thought of the Raiders and Houston as well.
He has 31 teams to choose from.
He will take the best offer. I don't think any player WANTS a one year prove it deal, they take them when that is all they can get.
Always amazes me how every time a player is cut, even if he sucks, this board fills up with predictions that he will go wherever the poster thinks will hurt the pats the most.

I assume he can be claimed off waivers?

If not, Take the Patriot Discount for a year, get in the playoffs with a chance for the SB and then go for the big contract :)
Costs 11 mill to claim off waivers.

He'll probably go on a minimum contract somewhere, with Browns picking up the remaining $4 million. I doubt he'd get over $4 million, so it's a win-win for some team and Haden himself.

The kind of deals I would sign Haden to at this point are a 1 year 3M "show me" deal. or a 2 year 5M deal. I think that is as much as the risk allows you to take. Some team will offer way more.

Gotta wonder why?

Money. He was due to make $11.1 mil and wouldn't take a pay cut. Plus he had a down year last year due to injury.

If we weren't stacked at CB with a high-priced FA and a guy due to make big bucks soon, I'd be banging the table to give Haden a call. But as it is. I think we should pass.

If he wants the best odds that get him a ring and a good spot that will rehabilitate his image as a player he gets the Pats on the phone saying he'll play for the minimum.

If he wants a guaranteed starting job and/or money Pats aren't the team.

Thing is he goes to a team that gives him a starting job and plays him like he's still an elite CB it could backfire and lose him money in the FA market next year.

Pats on the other hand just got Logan Ryan a 3 year/$30m deal.

Sign the beast................... to vet min.

He's not getting vet minimum, there are numerous teams interested, which points to a deal worth 3-5 million to get him.

He'll probably go on a minimum contract somewhere, with Browns picking up the remaining $4 million. I doubt he'd get over $4 million, so it's a win-win for some team and Haden himself.
Did he have 4 mill guaranteed?

He will get back to being the player the Browns gave this big contract. Might be a good complimentary CB covering #2 or the inside, though.
Did you mistype this and mean will not?

Have to think he's going to a contender if it's not us prefer it's NFC
Actually if you think he can be a difference maker you want him in the afc. The gap between us and the second best afc team is wider than between us and the best NFC team.
We want to win the SB not just get there.

Actually if you think he can be a difference maker you want him in the afc. The gap between us and the second best afc team is wider than between us and the best NFC team.
We want to win the SB not just get there.
If he goes to Dallas I didn't see them making the Superbowl over the Saints Seahawks Packers. Cardinals.
All those teams are built to score points and play fast D.
I don't think Prescott is a better QB than those teams so I have all 4 of those QBs being able to get it done agaisnt a rebuilt Dallas D.

Haden's probably just trying to get back at the browns but we will still beat the squealers!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back