PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Haden Cut

Haden visiting with Steelers currently in Charlotte NC
He's going to be a squealer.

Why if he can make double the money and have a highlighted role in Pittsburgh ?
Yes, we sometimes forget that there are other teams who consider themselves contenders, too. Both Pittsburgh and Dallas fit his desire to go to a playoff team.

As you noted, it's probably much more likely that he'll make closer to 10m than to 5m.

Why if he can make double the money and have a highlighted role in Pittsburgh ?

Seriously. He's Pittsburgh's #1 Corner if he ends up there. #1 by a lot.

And if BB throws his hood in, Haden signs in a heartbeat just like most do even though you would think they wouldn't.
Maybe if he hadn't gone out and brought in the premier CB in free agency, traded a 3rd round pick for Eric Rowe, and had Malcolm Butler on the team.

The idea has clearly been to carry over a very nice chunk of cap space, so I think it would be terrible value to pay a guy like Haden 7-8-9 million a year, particularly when the position is already pretty good. He's been injured and hasn't done anything in years.

Now, if your argument is to pay him that kind of money to take a gamble on the future when Butler leaves, that's a viable argument, although I still doubt that Belichick would take that kind of risk. We don't even know how good he is anymore and it's almost certain that another team would make a much better offer.

Seriously. He's Pittsburgh's #1 Corner if he ends up there. #1 by a lot.
And they'd finally get to dump ****rell, which they've been hoping to do for awhile. At the very least, his role would be moved down the depth chart, significantly.

Would it make their defense better? Idk that yet. Their secondary was probably their weakest spot.

Now, if your argument is to pay him that kind of money to take a gamble on the future when Butler leaves, that's a viable argument, although I still doubt that Belichick would take that kind of risk. We don't even know how good he is anymore and it's almost certain that another team would make a much better offer.

Not that I thought too much into it, I was just saying if BB went all out blitz in getting him for his reasons and that opposing players do consider us before other teams but you make a couple of good points. If BB Hadn't thrown Big Bucks at Gilmore and looking ahead to Butler bailing then Haden would be a signing definitely worth looking into.

I believe Steelers just signed him to a 2 yr contract and that is a no brainer for them seeing howTB carves up their D in zone and they're trying to go more man coverage.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back