PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems weird to me, though. They're really the Cleveland Browns in name only, not a single person associated with the original franchise is involved with the new one. If anything he should have been peeved at the Ravens while Modell still owned the team.

Unless the real ire of Belichick is the Cleveland media. In which case, carry on....
That’s why the tweet is bs.

So if I understand this right, the Pat's originally had Hoyer included in the trade and then they rembered that Homer would count against the comp pick formula and would cancel out the 4th red pick that they are going to get for Bennett, so the 49ers ( who signed a ton of FA and weren't going to get any comp picks anyway) just released him. Meaning Homer can still sign with the Pats, won't count in the comp pick formula, and can take his 6 million salary as termination pay, and keep whatever the Pats pay him.

That is Ernie level debouchery! Harbaugh will be in tears!!!

"This must not stand!"

- Rodger Goodell

I will only say this. Never before has a Super Bowl ring been more deservedly earned for 1 1/4 starts than was Jimmy's for the win over Arizona last year...and don't go tryin' to tell me nothin' about no missed FGA!

And as a big old "PS," am I the only one to note that it was Kiko Alonzo who knocked both Jimmy and Flacco out of games these last two seasons...? If for no other reason than that the Pats still have to play the Miami Cretins twice this year, they need a credible backup for the GOAT.

Dwayne Allen and the SF 49ers 2nd round pick for Martellus Bennett. Book it
Doesn’t really surprise me other than it leaves a huge hole if TB gets hurt.

But Jimmy was never going to be the started in NE, ever.

Good for KImmy at least he has talent and can go play right away, Ill be watching him.

Sure hope there is something in the works to back Tom up though and do wish we had got something to help the team now.

At this point, if Brady goes down our season is over.

Oh and I wish you all the best Jimmy. but I hope niners lose every game this season. 0-16 please! We need it to be #33!
San FranciscO-16

22894378_1680623021961611_6318486084197440502_n.jpg

I will only say this. Never before has a Super Bowl ring been more deservedly earned for 1 1/4 starts than was Jimmy's for the win over Arizona last year...and don't go tryin' to tell me nothin' about no missed FGA!

And as a big old "PS," am I the only one to note that it was Kiko Alonzo who knocked both Jimmy and Flacco out of games these last two seasons...? If for no other reason than that the Pats still have to play the Miami Cretins twice this year, they need a credible backup for the GOAT.
Psssst we would have won the SB even if we lost that game.

At this point, if Brady goes down our season is over.

First...that was going to happen anyway regardless of JAG, second do you really believe BB and the Pats dont have a plan? Not picking on you but a lot of folks have said the same thing and it is silly to think they would move forward without a BU QB, say hello again to Hoyer.

I don't think this was planned, this is injuries and off-season acquisitions not working out well. They took what they could get, even if it was at a lower price than earlier

Dwayne Allen and the SF 49ers 2nd round pick for Martellus Bennett. Book it

You could probably get Marty for a 4th. Stated it was his last year and GB is not going to the tourney

Disagree. Bledsoe vs the Steelers was a bigger win.

You mean Kaepernick, not Kapernick, right? This is important, because I don't want to post Kapernick and get you angry, but if it's Kaepernick, I need to get it correct, in order to avoid offending your feelings.

So...

Kaepernick or Kapernick? Which is verboten?
I just refer to him as Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday