PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll draft a better QB, if he was a once a generation QB next one of top 5 goats he would still be here, yea sure they preferred to keep him and the heir but he's replaceable, put it like this if he was truly the next goat or close to it BB would be the first to get ready to move on from Brady, I think the JG is a bit overrated, oh and bold statement here Bradys heir will win a Super Bowl before JG does u heard here first

The only way they could have done it is to franchise Garoppolo and then trade him. They could not do this because they don't have $100 million in cap space like SF.

I miss Guiterez and O'connell. Nobody cared whether they were on the team or not.

You can’t justify paying a backup QB more than your starting QB, so that alone makes things very difficult.

If you’re asking if they could’ve fit him under the cap the answer is yes—but it’s unrealistic and would hinder other positions.

Christ, is this ever going to end? I thought the one good thing to come out of the trade would at least be the endless Garoppolo threads would stop. We can't even get that. I hope he does well, but he's a 49er now. It's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes