PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
LULZ!!!! God I love you JetFan, a rebuilding year. Call-outs to the glorious past when the Yankees were good.

A baseball fan... well, that must be comforting.

By the way, you'll note elsewhere that The Evil Empire is now associated with the Patriots, not your footnote of a baseball dynasty.

I can stop the Yankees, any year, any day, with two words: It's raining.

Ha, the Pats may be evil; but empire? Gotta span more than one coach/player combo for that.

For now though, ok, I'd say they're a Mini Me Dr. Evil.

Ha, the Pats may be evil; but empire? Gotta span more than one coach/player combo for that.

For now though, ok, I'd say they're a Mini Me Dr. Evil.

Does it count as a sports dynasty if you significantly outspend the opposition and buy all of the best players?

I could have my own Monopoly dynasty if I could start every game with $5000 while everyone else only gets the normal $1500.

Does it count as a sports dynasty if you significantly outspend the opposition and buy all of the best players?

Yup.

This is back from 2010, but I'm sure things are very similar now in most rankings. 7 years don't change much in terms of greatest ever.

Power Rankings: The 10 Best Franchises in North American Professional Sports

1. New York Yankees
13 OF 13

1. Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle
    W-L: 9,575-7,294 (.568)

Championships: 27

World Series Appearances: 40

Playoff Appearances: 48

Franchise Value: $1.6 billion

Was there any doubt which team would be listed as the greatest franchise in North American professional sports?

Last edited:

I could have my own Monopoly dynasty if I could start every game with $5000 while everyone else only gets the normal $1500.
The jetes are a dynasty, no one has sucked for so long and spent so much time, effort, and money in doing so. The rats are the dynasty of the damed... a monument to suckage.

Last edited:
I miss the old "rolling on the floor laughing" icon

Living in the past of baseball, through a "sport" with no salary cap, and the biggest bankroll in that "sport."

Change your name to YankeesFan, dude... it's just plain funny that you want this thread to be about baseball, because your "football team" is so indefensible.

Why are you even a "Jetsfan"? Shouldn't you be offline for a few more months, with the endless marathon of baseball on what we'll generously call your mind?

Sorry that when the Sawx spent, the Yankees' significance went *poof* in the two thousandsies... and congratulations on doing well for a couple months, which in New York equates to an "empire" being "continued."

But isn't it sort of pathetic to babble about a baseball team that hasn't mattered for going on 20 years returning to relevance, on a football board?

Buttfumble.

Seriously! What is the world coming to?

It's pathetic enough that a Rats fan has to come on here to get himself noticed, but this is the internet. Attention seeking is the norm, even if it's boasting about something as shameful as rooting for the J*E*T*Es.

But we should get into a discussion about Rounders-in-PJs just because he roots for a New York team?

I miss the old "rolling on the floor laughing" icon

Living in the past of baseball, through a "sport" with no salary cap, and the biggest bankroll in that "sport."

Change your name to YankeesFan, dude... it's just plain funny that you want this thread to be about baseball, because your "football team" is so indefensible.

Why are you even a "Jetsfan"? Shouldn't you be offline for a few more months, with the endless marathon of baseball on what we'll generously call your mind?

Sorry that when the Sawx spent, the Yankees' significance went *poof* in the two thousandsies... and congratulations on doing well for a couple months, which in New York equates to an "empire" being "continued."

But isn't it sort of pathetic to babble about a baseball team that hasn't mattered for going on 20 years returning to relevance, on a football board?

Buttfumble.

Hey, you mentioned my "sports allegiances", not me. I just listed the team's I root for and then you guys kept commenting on it. I haven't brought up the Yanks before and won't in the future. Unless of course someone comments or asks about 'em.

You can attempt to knock them all you want though. That's just a fruitless endeavor. Kinda like me saying Brady isn't a very good QB. Aka, a comment not worth arguing about.

Hey, you mentioned my "sports allegiances", not me. I just listed the team's I root for and then you guys kept commenting on it. I haven't brought up the Yanks before and won't in the future. Unless of course someone comments or asks about 'em.

You can attempt to knock them all you want though. That's just a fruitless endeavor. Kinda like me saying Brady isn't a very good QB. Aka, a comment not worth arguing about.

So you think there is a legitimate comparison between the Yankees' purchased dominance and Brady's excellence?

To paraphrase the old Smith Barney commercial, Brady did it the old-fashioned way, "He EARNED it", while the Yankees did it the old New York way, they bought it.

It has to be doubly frustrating to Rats fans to see, when the NY-centric NFL* front office types manufacture an offense against the Pats, and confiscate valuable resources from the Pats, to see them win two out of the next three Superbowls, and be the odds on favorite to win the next one.

Imagine if MLB instituted a salary cap and took away NY's unfair advantage...

Now, once again, which dynasty is better?

Your best argument might be that the Pats having Brady and BB is an unfair advantage, and that is closer to the truth, but while it is a gr8 advantage, it is certainly not an unfair one, in fact, it is what sports is supposed to be about.

Mano a mano, and let the superior performer triumph.

Difference between you and me, JESTfan, is that sometime in October, you'll be watching the Sawx and hoping they'll lose in a Sunday night game that might decide the whole baseball world. I'll be watching the Pats play a fairly routine game and sparing myself the drama over a distant second place point of interest.

Unless, of course, it's raining. Then we'll both be watching the Pats, because it's pointless to watch the JEST.

Yup.

This is back from 2010, but I'm sure things are very similar now in most rankings. 7 years don't change much in terms of greatest ever.

Power Rankings: The 10 Best Franchises in North American Professional Sports

1. New York Yankees
13 OF 13

1. Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle
    W-L: 9,575-7,294 (.568)

Championships: 27

World Series Appearances: 40

Playoff Appearances: 48

Franchise Value: $1.6 billion

Was there any doubt which team would be listed as the greatest franchise in North American professional sports?
The Celtics wond seventeen championships in half the time, including eaight in a row. The Canadians won 24 stanley cups since 1927, thats most likely a better average than the stankys world series wins.

Last edited:
So you think there is a legitimate comparison between the Yankees' purchased dominance and Brady's excellence?

For the sake of this discussion, yes. But a billion other examples could have been used as well. Just figured something good about Brady would go over well here.

I could have said something else that's not worth arguing like Sam Adams Octoberfest isn't hands down the best seasonal Sam Adams brew. That would've been just as nuts, and would've worked just as well there.

But do I equate Belichick/Brady to the Yanks in terms of overall dynasty, greatness, empire?.. lol no.

The Celtics wond seventeen championships in half the time, including eaight in a row. The Canadians won 24 stanley cups since 1927, thats most likely a better average than the stankys world series wins.

We'll need another thread to continue this debate. Some here get all pissy if ya go off topic.

But there's really no sense. The country and most of the world know the Yanks are top dog.

I sorta miss Rex. I mean, the new guy is hapless, but it's hard to hate him, and laughing at him just seems kinda mean. What are the chances they'll bring Rex back? Or how about this: Mat Millen as GM. Then bring in Richie Incognito as HC: a fresh face, a "football guy." That'd work.

I sorta miss Rex. I mean, the new guy is hapless, but it's hard to hate him, and laughing at him just seems kinda mean. What are the chances they'll bring Rex back? Or how about this: Mat Millen as GM. Then bring in Richie Incognito as HC: a fresh face, a "football guy." That'd work.
I think they should bring back the legand himself, Rich Kotite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST