PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sake of this discussion, yes. But a billion other examples could have been used as well. Just figured something good about Brady would go over well here.

I could have said something else that's not worth arguing like Sam Adams Octoberfest isn't hands down the best seasonal Sam Adams brew. That would've been just as nuts, and would've worked just as well there.

But do I equate Belichick/Brady to the Yanks in terms of overall dynasty, greatness, empire?.. lol no.

OK, let's make it really simple.

The Yankees BOUGHT their dynasty, Brady/BB EARNED theirs.

I sorta miss Rex. I mean, the new guy is hapless, but it's hard to hate him, and laughing at him just seems kinda mean. What are the chances they'll bring Rex back? Or how about this: Mat Millen as GM. Then bring in Richie Incognito as HC: a fresh face, a "football guy." That'd work.

I think your blood sugar is low.

Let's go eat a goddamn snack.

We'll need another thread to continue this debate. Some here get all pissy if ya go off topic.

But there's really no sense. The country and most of the world know the Yanks are top dog.
Most of the Yankees WS are ancient. They have won 7 in the last 50 years.

Nice reading Jets fans talking about all the scenarios for how they can lose enough games next year to draft any of the decent QBs. It is like the opposite of when have threads about what needs to happen for the Pats to get HFA.

Suck for Sam......OR who else

Got to repost this from the 2016 Jets thread.

Ahh, the good old days, when the Jetes selected players that could spell Jets...

BTW I like the idea of a Buttfumble Statue at MetLife Stadium. Nothing could capture the true nature of the Jetes better than that!

We'll need another thread to continue this debate. Some here get all pissy if ya go off topic.

But there's really no sense. The country and most of the world know the Yanks are top dog.

Thank you @JetFan79 for reminding me just how obnoxious Yankme fans can be. I had forgotten.

The country and the world know that the NYYs own the greatest choke job in pro sports history.

For the sake of this discussion, yes. But a billion other examples could have been used as well. Just figured something good about Brady would go over well here.

I could have said something else that's not worth arguing like Sam Adams Octoberfest isn't hands down the best seasonal Sam Adams brew. That would've been just as nuts, and would've worked just as well there.

But do I equate Belichick/Brady to the Yanks in terms of overall dynasty, greatness, empire?.. lol no.

Right on the money.

Not even the Yankees could win 80% of their games.

OK, let's make it really simple.

The Yankees BOUGHT their dynasty, Brady/BB EARNED theirs.

The Cubs and Red Sox also bought their championships. The Pats stand alone.

One of the things that most people don't know is that when the Yankees bought Babe Ruth they also bought other players and a GM from Boston. That GM (his name escapes me right now) was the man who was responsible for the spend-to-win philosophy that the Yankees still use today.

Last edited:
The Cubs and Red Sox also bought their championships. The Pats stand alone.

One of the things that most people don't know is that when the Yankees bought Babe Ruth they also bought other players and a GM from Boston. That GM (his name escapes me right now) was the man who was responsible for the spend-to-win philosophy that the Yankees still use today.

You can never buy a championship. Ever.

Most of the Yankees WS are ancient. They have won 7 in the last 50 years.

cf. 5 super bowls in 16 years. And you can't buy SBs like you can buy WSs.

You can never buy a championship. Ever.
Sure you can, that's why they're called the Bankofamericasox. But that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The New Jersey Green Beans: an undisciplined collection of scumbag criminals, cheaters and miscreants having an historic off-season of arrests and suspensions.

Link: Jets WR Anderson arrested at music festival

He was their best player in the last 5 weeks of last season. Which means he would rather be in jail than play for the JETES. Which makes a lot of sense.

Bill Belichick got a full pardon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back