PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very last thing I wanna do is be thinking of JETE procreating...

Funny how the season hasn't started and they have already JETE'd us with a gift.

Edit: Yes, JETE is officially now a recognized verb.

Thud Ducklington has f.ound major success in the pasta business. He's come up with limp elbow macaroni to along with his "Limp" brand noodles and smoked shoulder

I'm expecting training camp reports about them really "gelling" well and developing "great chemistry," which of course mean "they're really the most improved team in the NFL...."

I'm expecting training camp reports about them really "gelling" well and developing "great chemistry," which of course mean "they're really the most improved team in the NFL...."
Well that is a real possibility. The secondary and QB sucked last year.

Picking up Claiborne and two top young safeties is one hell of an overhaul of the secondary.

QB? Eh, can't really get worse than ****z.

Picking up Claiborne and two top young safeties is one hell of an overhaul of the secondary.

Jets-funny.jpg

Oh man I love having you here JetFan79, see it used to be this fun, endless train of JESTploitation, but it was all in-house. Secretly, we'd all be thinking to ourselves, these guys don't really believe their hype, that they might be relevant again?

You're a good guy and I do pity you your sports allegiances... but they are what they are, and your joining us for the pillorying of your butt-fumbling, ballet-misspelling, suspect-at-every-position used prophylactic of a franchise only makes the JEST-shaming funnier.

What's really cool is the thought of the guys on the green beans forums going on marathons of ill fated analysis and football talk, staying up and wearing astronaut diapers so they can hope harder, until sleep deprivation finally produces the hoped-for hallucination of JEST competence.

And then, the season :)

Ahhhhhhhh the JEST... was there ever such a mockable rival? I suppose the Washington Generals, the old fall-guys for the Harlem Globetrotters.

Ahhhhhhhh the JEST... was there ever such a mockable rival? I suppose the Washington Generals, the old fall-guys for the Harlem Globetrotters.
The Red Sox before 2004. I'm glad that cottage industry has been put out of business.

Claiborne lol.

I swear to God, if the 1st pick is on the line and the Jets screw it up because they want to stop a Pat's perfect season, or for pride, or whateverTF reason they can think of...

That could cause me to give up being a fan.

That reminds me of a funny story that I heard pro golfer Phil Mickelson tell.

PM at the time had 3 Masters wins and Matt Kuchar only had two. That was when PM decided to give MK a little ribbing. Wearing real fancy looking golf shoes and feeling proud as a peacock, PM goes up to MK and says, "you have to win 3 Masters to wear these shoes Matt." Kucher quickly responded, "well, let's hope that never happens."

If dethroning the perennial division champion Patriots is not New Jersey's No. 1 focus, they might as well quit.

I thought they did quit.

Playing Devil's advocate, Besides the J-E-T-E thing, the Jets didn't mess up at the draft. They drafted a ****load of DB's (which was their biggest weakness), including the best safety who was rated extremely high. Drafted 2 good receivers, I'm a big fan of Hansen from Cal especially. Drafted a really good TE. So that really helped their offense.

Kinda surprised no QB. I thought Davis Webb would've been one of their picks. That may be the only negative of their whole draft. I give them a B+ on their draft. No head scratchers, which is a good sign for them.

One of my friends, who's a Jet's fan, said they need 20 picks in this draft to help turn the team around, lol. I agree somewhat. May take another 2 drafts to make them competitive. Lots of holes, especially offensive line and QB. If the Pats keep having off-seasons like this one, doesn't matter how many good drafts the Jets have. That being said, I begrudgingly say good job, and they are headed in the right direction.

The Jets are all set at QB and should be a legitimate threat this year.

All right, I confess, I lied. The Jets still suck.

As for your Jets fan friend, does he walk erect or is he still on all fours? Most Jete fans are a few centuries back in development.

You're a good guy and I do pity you your sports allegiances...

Allegiances, plural?

Other than the Jets, I'm a Devil and Yanks fan.

No complaints with the Devils and the greatest team ever created.

I mean watching NY play lately has been a thing of beauty. I was expecting a rebuilding year but these guys are kickin' ass.

Cue the music: The Evil Empire has returned

I'm expecting a rebuilding year from the Jets this year... Wonder if they'll surprise and be great as well?

Ha, not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Allegiances, plural?

Other than the Jets, I'm a Devil and Yanks fan.

No complaints with the Devils and the greatest team ever created.

I mean watching NY play lately has been a thing of beauty. I was expecting a rebuilding year but these guys are kickin' ass.

I'm expecting a rebuilding year from the Jets this year... Wonder if they'll surprise and be great as well?

Ha, not holding my breath.

LULZ!!!! God I love you JetFan, a rebuilding year. Call-outs to the glorious past when the Yankees were good.

A baseball fan... well, that must be comforting.

By the way, you'll note elsewhere that The Evil Empire is now associated with the Patriots, not your footnote of a baseball dynasty.

I can stop the Yankees, any year, any day, with two words: It's raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST