PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this pathetic excuse for a roster and laugh. I don't know Cimini does this without laughing himself honestly.

Their defensive line is still as amazing as ever, but every other position on that entire roster is a dumpster fire right now lol

No surprise that I disagree. I don't want to bore you guys going through each position again (I've done it once or twice already), but suffice to say we're not in bad shape.

Granted we're in HORRIBLE shape for this season though. However that's by design. The front office has basically done everything it can to guarantee as few wins as possible this year.

Yet, there is a huge upside to this year as well. We're an extremely young team. Only four guys over 30 (McCown and Forte probably won't be here after this year, the long snapper and one dlineman). And there is plenty of young talent to develop this year, with let's face it, no pressure at all.

Come Feb 2018, the team should have $90+mil in cap space, a great draft pick and a team of youngin's with a season under its belt. Using the draft and FA to fill the remaining holes. Which I figure will probably include something like: QB, WR1, an olineman or 2, a CB, and a young RB.

I'd say this time next year I'll be psyched. But I already am even for this season. I'm looking forward to watching all the young guys develop. I'm sure they won't all succeed, but it'll be fun rooting for it.
This is a Patriots message board, and the JETS SUCK thread on this board. What in hell's name leads you to presume we give a flying frack about YOUR pie-in-the-sky pipe-dream nonsense? Hint: WE DON'T!

Please go to a Jete board with this crap. You should find plenty of fellow developmentally challenged self-loathing delusionists JUST LIKE YOU to masturbate with over what is just as likely NOT to happen for your lousy franchise in 2018.

This is a Patriots message board, and the JETS SUCK thread on this board. What in hell's name leads you to presume we give a flying frack about YOUR pie-in-the-sky pipe-dream nonsense? Hint: WE DON'T!

Notice the bold portion of your quote. That is a question. Directed at me. So I'm answering the question. (Novel idea, I know.)

Now notice this quote...
@JetFan79 - The Jets winning the division? Do you really think they will over the next ten years?

This too has a question in it. And also... wait for it... ... it's directed towards myself. So I answered it.

Fyi, for future reference, a question mark "?" identifies a question.

Please go to a Jete board with this crap. You should find plenty of fellow developmentally challenged self-loathing delusionists JUST LIKE YOU to masturbate with over what is just as likely NOT to happen for your lousy franchise in 2018.

Grumpy-Cat-NO-6.jpg

But I know you don't mean that anyway Tuney. We're secretly BFFs. Just admit it.

Also, you should be careful. If you're too mean to me over here, it could jeopardize your JetNation membership.

Since the NYJFL is the organization doing it? ;)

The same organization that's been f'ing up things for the last 48 years?

That's great.

Who are you going to use to handle your investment portfolio? Bernie Madoff?

Haha. Might as well. The Jetes are just one big fan filled ponzi scheme anyways.

You guys invest in apparel, PSL's, season tickets, and beer. Talk about how great it is. And then BOOM you've got nothing.

But don't worry. After 2018 you can come crawling back here to tell us about the next 5 year sucker story "plan" of how the Jetes will once again reign over the AFC east.

The same organization that's been f'ing up things for the last 48 years?

That's great.

Who are you going to use to handle your investment portfolio? Bernie Madoff?

Haha. Might as well. The Jetes are just one big fan filled ponzi scheme anyways.

You guys invest in apparel, PSL's, season tickets, and beer. Talk about how great it is. And then BOOM you've got nothing.

But don't worry. After 2018 you can come crawling back here to tell us about the next 5 year sucker story "plan" of how the Jetes will once again reign over the AFC east.

Crawling back? That would assume I've left. I'm not going anywhere.

I just hope you guys can say the same. Once the tables turn, I wonder if many of you will still be around.

Look at this pathetic excuse for a roster and laugh. I don't know Cimini does this without laughing himself honestly.
This one surely made me break out in laughter:
RUNNING BACKS (3): Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Elijah McGuire

Forte and Powell are the two most accomplished players on offense.
And:
This is the most nondescript receiving corps in the league, consisting of former mid- and late-round picks, former undrafted free agents and street free agents.
Or:
You won't find any household names among this group.
Meanwhile, Cimini is already starting next year's off-season championship!

Outlook for 2017 New York Jets: 277 days until the draft

I just hope you guys can say the same. Once the tables turn, I wonder if many of you will still be around.
I can't figure out why you're always here. In the past I've joined some rivals forums to debate who's team was better or pick up coming games. Also would defend our teams integrity against false allegations and would point out other teams documented history of indiscretions that somehow always conveniently were unknownto them....but you. You're here to what, try and legitimize your team and it's 50 year plan become relevant?

"Crawling back" was a reference to you coming back after you've come to the realization that your "tank" plan has failed.

Who's going to turn the table? The Jetes with their Hack attack and their roster of rookie scrubs? Oh Sorry. Young developing rookie scrubs?

If BB and Brady retired today do you think Todd and Mikey have what it takes to win a division? The same guys who couldn't get past the other two teams in the division?

Let's see how this tanking business works out. I'm excited. The draft is going to be a must see. "And the Jetes select........... BOOOO"

Come Feb 2018, the team should have $90+mil in cap space, a great draft pick and a team of youngin's with a season under its belt. Using the draft and FA to fill the remaining holes. Which I figure will probably include something like: QB, WR1, an olineman or 2, a CB, and a young RB.

Taking $90M into free agency is the absolute worst way to build/rebuild a team and ensures you will get poor value in return across the roster. This is exactly what crappy teams do in a cycle: spending spree (with way too much cap space to use), mediocrity, descent into crappiness, rebuild with another spending spree. The Jets just did this in 2015 and look at the results...a bunch of overpaid players who at the time were fine because "they have to spend the money somewhere." Now the consequences set in. Cap hell and a dumpster fire roster. Good teams never have $70M to spend in the offseason, since they are investing wisely rather than running a fool's errand of building through FA in bidding wars. Analysts seem to think it's a if advantage to have a gigantic amount of cap space, but teams rarely do anything but face plant. All $90M in cap space tells me is they failed to develop and re-sign core players through the draft.

Last edited:
You stay right here, JeteFan79. While the preponderance of Pats fans here find your presence aggravating and somewhat puzzling, I certainly don't. You see, I admit that I am as sadistic an NFL/Patriots fan as probably exists on the internet. Let me make a pictographic metaphor...

YOU --->
Bird-Islands-Great-Wildlife6.jpeg

On the other hand, I ------>
great-white-shark-1.jpeg

Your fate------>
great+white+shark+eating+a+seal.jpg

Tunescribe et al, however, are of the mind depicted in THIS .jpg...so I guess it's pick your poison if you intend on sticking around...

tn-dpt-me-0421-huntwatch-film-festival-20160420

Crawling back? That would assume I've left. I'm not going anywhere. I just hope you guys can say the same.
You really SHOULD go somewhere else. What you're doing here -- trolling for attention and trying to get a rise out of people on a rival team's Internet message board -- is not healthy. A healthy individual would spend time with his fellow fans on a message board supporting his team. Why not go to your Green Beans board, start a Patriots Suck thread and get your jollies that way?

Once the tables turn, I wonder if many of you will still be around.
Here is what you don't understand about your crap franchise and about this thread: Jete suckage transcends whatever happens on the field. You will be bitterly disappointed even if/when this "big turnaround" you anticipate occurs because your team, its ownership, fan base and entire puke green culture still will SUCK! New Jersey winning the division won't change that. And you sure as hell will get no mea culpas or kudos from people here, regardless of how righteously you try to say "I told you so!" Screw you and your team. You're pathetic and you suck. You deserve every bit of abuse aimed your way on this board, you masochistic weirdo.

Last edited:
A healthy individual would spend time with his fellow fans on a message board supporting his team.

You're wrong there. A healthy individual wouldn't belong to any message boards. Especially one talking about guys running around in tights.

This just so happens to be one of the more entertaining ways to help with boredom while working so damn much.

Honestly I don't know how you guys only chat amongst your own kind. Seems really boring to me. Gotta get some other opinions instead of regurgitating the same BS all the time.

My Patsfan son, "Dad can I get a Patriot Super Bowl championship hat?"
Me: "Another one?" "Sure .....ok"

A Jetes fan son: "Why do we live in Grandma's basement and do I really have to wear this f'ing hat?"

You stay right here, JeteFan79. While the preponderance of Pats fans here find your presence aggravating and somewhat puzzling, I certainly don't.

I know Joker. I had taken some time off, and then well...

Bowels and Maggagnan....the Bowely Boys

where's Jetfan79? Gotta get the alternate universe spin on THIS latest green apocalypse ...

You're wrong there. A healthy individual wouldn't belong to any message boards. Especially one talking about guys running around in tights.

This just so happens to be one of the more entertaining ways to help with boredom while working so damn much.

Honestly I don't know how you guys only chat amongst your own kind. Seems really boring to me. Gotta get some other opinions instead of regurgitating the same BS all the time.
Were you gazing in a mirror typing those last few words? This thread does not need you for "some other opinions." Your opinions inherently are irrelevant here. Go back and read through the itemized points in the first post of this thread: the list is constantly growing. There is fresh grist for discussion here ALL THE TIME because your Jete are the gift that keeps giving. The suckage cup runneth over from the green swamps of Jersey.

We have our own idiots. No need to import more from the cursed Jetes.

I don't mind you being here though, it's a bit of a luxury to have a gimp.

The Pats will be dominant for another 20 years and the Jets will never win jack. Been that way since 1969 and never will change.

Taking $90M into free agency is the absolute worst way to build/rebuild a team and ensures you will get poor value in return across the roster. This is exactly what crappy teams do in a cycle: spending spree (with way too much cap space to use), mediocrity, descent into crappiness, rebuild with another spending spree. The Jets just did this in 2015 and look at the results...a bunch of overpaid players who at the time were fine because "they have to spend the money somewhere." Now the consequences set in. Cap hell and a dumpster fire roster. Good teams never have $70M to spend in the offseason, since they are investing wisely rather than running a fool's errand of building through FA in bidding wars. Analysts seem to think it's a if advantage to have a gigantic amount of cap space, but teams rarely do anything but face plant. All $90M in cap space tells me is they failed to develop and re-sign core players through the draft.

Well I tend to agree that "buying" a team is the wrong way to go. Free agency definitely has a role to play, but you first have to have a core of young, home grown talent.

But that is what the Jets have now. I mean just about everyone is young and drafted. Macc just released the higher priced guys who didn't belong on a rebuilding team.

So now I'm loving the spot they're in. It's almost like you're saying we should have kept Mangold/Revis/Decker/Marshall... just to waste money.

Hells no. Let the young guys play and develop. Figure out if they have what it takes. Then whatever holes there are next offseason, use the draft and FA to fill 'em.

Though of course some of that $90mil could also be spent extending our young studs. Like Williams and Quincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick