PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While on that subject, let's go back to 1997.

Manning had already proven himself in three seasons in the SEC (with never once being able to win a big game against the Florida Gators, but I digress), and the Jete had the first overall pick in the draft. Parcells stuck to his script by acting as if he was a drill sergeant looking down on a recruit and acted as if wasn't sure who he wanted, completely misreading the adulation the Manning Corp was desperately seeking.

As a result Peyton returned to Tennessee for his senior year (where he would lose to Florida for a fourth time, which has to be an NCAA record for losses to a single other team by a QB). Parcells could have drafted either Orlando Pace or Darrell Russell (the consensus 1-2 picks, but he traded down instead. At #6 he could have drafted Walter Jones, but he drafted down again.

Instead he drafted James Farrior, who had a solid career .... with the Steelers.

tl;dr version: Peyton Manning decided he would rather play for any other team than the Jete (and also forego the accompanying #1 draft pick contract money), over the possibility of a career ending injury while in college that would result in zero NFL money.

Yeah, everyone thinks Parcells and those under him were all hot sh!t. I don't see it.

I mean I suppose Mangini was pretty good. That's about it though.

Last edited:
To be fair it looks like you only posted once to predict the 2007 wildcard game. Plus if you're really 61, it's entirely possible you're a bit forgetful.

Regardless, good to know you're a fellow JetNation member. Cheers brotha! :D

View attachment 17535

Only a Jete board would make their members birthdate publicly accessible.

I guess they figure their members have no assets to lose thru identity theft.

Only a Jete board would make their members birthdate publicly accessible.

I guess they figure their members have no assets to lose thru identity theft.

So you're saying this place is a Jete board?

Look at my profile. I can hide it if I choose. Same at JetNation.

Looking at profiles made me aware of @Joker 's occupation.

Lol, not bad.

So you're saying this place is a Jete board?

Look at my profile. I can hide it if I choose. Same at JetNation.
Good lord, you're 38 years old?! :eek: I thought you were in your early twenties! At least, that's what it seems from you talking about "hot chicks" and always sharing fond memories from high school. But I guess it makes sense, Jete fans en masse share the Guinness Book of World Records standard for immaturity. I recall a Jete game at Giants Stadium a few years back -- I sat next to this old gray-haired guy who was throwing things at people. Others around me were taunting the three or four women at the game, trying to get them to remove their shirts. It was like being at a huge junior high convention.

Good lord, you're 38 years old?! :eek: I thought you were in your early twenties! At least, that's what it seems from you talking about "hot chicks" and always sharing fond memories from high school. But I guess it makes sense, Jete fans en masse share the Guinness Book of World Records standard for immaturity. I recall a Jete game at Giants Stadium a few years back -- I sat next to this old gray-haired guy who was throwing things at people. Others around me were taunting the three or four women at the game, trying to get them to remove their shirts. It was like being at a huge junior high convention.

Are you serious? Ha, go back and look at your posts. Ask yourself, are those the posts of a mature individual?

It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's fun. But just notice your persona before critiquing another's.

A Jete fan walks in a bar and asks the bartender if he can have a shot of mature...bartender fills a shot glass with Oxymoron single malt...

Are you serious? Ha, go back and look at your posts. Ask yourself, are those the posts of a mature individual?
OK, I went back and looked. Yes. Yes, they are.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's fun. But just notice your persona before critiquing another's.
Notice "my persona." Hmm ...

per·so·na
ˌpərˈsōnə/
noun 1. the aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others; "her public persona" a role or character adopted by an author or an actor; synonyms: image, face, public face, character, personality, identity, self; front, facade, guise, exterior, role, part: "her stage persona is nothing like the real Muriel"

OK, here's the thing about that: as with your earlier demonstrated inability to perceive intellect, you have a profound lack of capacity to determine relative levels of maturity in individuals because you have none. You're like a sailor without a compass or a carpenter with no tape measure -- you must HAVE IT in order to accurately OBSERVE IT. That is your PERSONA. You're a Jete fan spending inordinate time on a Patriots fan message board for chrissakes! End of story.

OK, here's the thing about that: as with your earlier demonstrated inability to perceive intellect, you have a profound lack of capacity to determine relative levels of maturity in individuals because you have none. You're like a sailor without a compass or a carpenter with no tape measure -- you must HAVE IT in order to accurately OBSERVE IT. That is your PERSONA. You're a Jete fan spending inordinate time on a Patriots fan message board for chrissakes! End of story.

He's going to have ponder this latest post of yours, Tunes....gotta admit, you went pretty deep on him...let's give him a few minutes to let it all sink in..

SCHLITZIE-THE-PINHEAD.jpg

> Talk maturity
> Purposely comes on Patriots board at 38 to act like a juvenile

> Talk maturity
> Purposely comes on Patriots board at 38 to act like a juvenile

Perhaps I'm just fried from working to much and gotta hit the sack, but I'm not making the connection to the Oprah/Jordan/Barkley video.

How's that related?

You've been asked this before, I don't recall if you answered: don't you think your time would be better spent on a Jete fan message board?

Absolutely not! This thread kicks ass.

Absolutely not! This thread kicks ass.
Yes, but it's YOUR ass that's in the perpetual sling. I guess when all you know is losing, perspective goes out the window. So it must be true that even a place where your inherent suckage is constantly reaffirmed you consider to be a "step up" from commiserating with fellow Jete fans. That is beyond the beyond.

Perhaps I'm just fried from working to much and gotta hit the sack, but I'm not making the connection to the Oprah/Jordan/Barkley video.

How's that related?

It was a clever double jab.

1: The laughing meme came from it. We are laughing at you.
2: MJ is the GOAT. Just like Brady.

Yes, but it's YOUR ass that's in the perpetual sling. I guess when all you know is losing, perspective goes out the window. So it must be true that even a place where your inherent suckage is constantly reaffirmed you consider to be a "step up" from commiserating with fellow Jete fans. That is beyond the beyond.
To be fair, this thread is a step up from Jets boards for him. At least he is told the brutal truth here. On Jets board, they are actually delusional enough to talk GOOD about the Jets. North Kor- No, anything is an improvement compared to those websites.

Wow. It has just dawned on me.

When you say "alternative lifestyle", you mean different from yours. Wow. I get it. Holy cow.

When we have winning, you have losing. = alternative.

When we say GOAT, you say GINO = alternative.

When we say 25 point comeback, you say Buttfumble = alternative

When we say vagina, you say bunghole = alternative.

All these years I've wondered why but now I know. It's the Jete's alternative.

They're the alt-wrong.

(plain old wrong is easy enough to find around here. The JETE version takes a whole other universe to believe)

::Hack Hack::

I was at the grocery store in Northern Virginia this Sunday wearing my Patriots five Super Bowls tee shirt. While the cashier checks out my items, the guy behind me sees my shirt and says, "I've always liked the Patriots, even though I'm from New York." So I replied, "Did you live around Albany?', knowing that there are New England fans in that area. He said, "No, I'm from Long Island." Then he adds that he's a Jets fan. He didn't seem to be putting me on, so I was wondering if I should have given him the name of a psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of schizophrenia.

I was at the grocery store in Northern Virginia this Sunday wearing my Patriots five Super Bowls tee shirt. While the cashier checks out my items, the guy behind me sees my shirt and says, "I've always liked the Patriots, even though I'm from New York." So I replied, "Did you live around Albany?', knowing that there are New England fans in that area. He said, "No, I'm from Long Island." Then he adds that he's a Jets fan. He didn't seem to be putting me on, so I was wondering if I should have given him the name of a psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of schizophrenia.

I think that was a cry for help.

There are people who go through life with the feeling that they are "born in the wrong fanbase". He's probably got a closet full of Brady t-shirts and cut-off hoodies. He should move to Cambridge. We're very tolerant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back