PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe on Brady to the Patriots next season

Right, the greatest quarterback in the history of the league got propped up by an organization with 9 losing seasons in a row. Brady was sensational in 2020 and 2021. He currently leads the NFL in pass attempts and fewest INTs so he's doing something right. A 14/2 TD to INT ratio is pretty solid. His receiving corps hasn't been very good this season either. And his head coach doesn't call obvious timeouts at the end of a tied game because he says he's afraid Brady might throw an interception... his GD INT% is 0.4%.
To put him behind this offensive line would be criminal. I know BB and Brady have their issues with each other but doubt he wants him crippled, and I doubt Brady has a death wish.

To put him behind this offensive line would be criminal. I know BB and Brady have their issues with each other but doubt he wants him crippled, and I doubt Brady has a death wish.
I don’t think there are any issues anymore between BB and TB12.

I don’t think there are any issues anymore between BB and TB12.
Sure, but point of the post is no sane QB would want to play behind this line.

We're talking next season so who knows what the o-line will look like then. The main thing is having an OC that Brady wants to work with. The Patriots should approach Brady first thing in the off-season, ask him what/who it'll take to get him back for a couple of seasons, and then make it happen.

Couldn’t disagree anymore. Brady is the greatest of all time and one of his attributes was his ability to move in the pocket. He steps up when he needs to. He slides when he needs to and feels pressure with 6th sense better than anyone who has played. He made a lot of those olines better than what they really were imo.

Personally I’d welcome one last ride with Edelman, Gronkowski and the goat. It would be one hell of a story, especially if somehow they pulled it off. The greatest walk off ever in football. I’m a realist though and highly doubt this would ever happen, and even of it did the odds would not be in their favor. However, the running game is great, the defense is solid so its a pretty good comp for him to come back to.

Brady has no reason to return to New England

The coaching is not good here in New England right now...

Weapons and o-line are okay but not great.

And things didn't end very well here. Brady got tired of Belichick.

this would BB be admiting he cant win w/o brady...i don't see it happening
I’d like to think of it as Bill admitting he can’t win with Mac.

I agree with you. So to the Mac haters, if the GOAT couldn't work behind this line, HOW in the hell can you expect a 2nd year player to do so?
Do any of you think that Brady would put up with Fat Matt and the rest of the clown show? I think not.

this would BB be admiting he cant win w/o brady...i don't see it happening
Despite public perception I don't think he cares so long as he wins.

You guys really think Brady wants to go to a worse roster than the bucks( who are bad this year) with currently worse coaching than the bucks (which is bad this year)

I agree with you. So to the Mac haters, if the GOAT couldn't work behind this line, HOW in the hell can you expect a 2nd year player to do so?
Do any of you think that Brady would put up with Fat Matt and the rest of the clown show? I think not.
One of the best attributes that TB has is his ability to make the Oline look better than what it actually is. He has the fastest release time over the past 7 years on average. So I think he can make this Oline work. It's unfair to Mac though he's not Tom and a 2nd year player with a mess at OC.

One of the best attributes that TB has is his ability to make the Oline look better than what it actually is. He has the fastest release time over the past 7 years on average. So I think he can make this Oline work. It's unfair to Mac though he's not Tom and a 2nd year player with a mess at OC.
Agreed, Brady was great at that, but this oline is a new level of bad. It also took having Edelman, White and Gronk to allow for a quick game that is sustainable.

The window for Brady to SF has now opened.

I still think they are his top choice next year. CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, Trent Williams. That team could will the conference with Brady.

Beating SF this weekend will help Brady for this season and next. If the Bucs can squeeze into the #3 seed (ahead of SF) then the Bucs will avoid the much more difficult playoff path of the #4 seed. Also if SF doesn't get to the Super Bowl this season then it's because they don't have the quarterback. And Brady will become a lot more attractive to them for next season. They're a win right now roster so they're not waiting around to see if Lance is healthy enough or even just ready for the starting job.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back