PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe on Brady to the Patriots next season

Bob Kraft is going to be 82 before next season and we know he is jonesing for another Lombardi.

I have a feeling Bob has thought about this already, before Tom said anything

He couldn’t be happy with this offense & I am also sure he has second guessed siding with Belichick over Tom.

I don’t know what will happen, but I am open to anything that will change this offense

Why are you assuming that Kraft had to choose between Tom or Bill and that one of them had to go? For all we know Tom wanted out, and I'm convinced it was Gisele that was the one driving that process. Brady was the one who drove to Kraft's house to tell him that he was leaving, and this came as a surprise to Kraft because he thought Brady was going to re-sign with the team.

I put this in the other forum regarding possible landing spots for Brady in 2023...

23% starting for Las Vegas
22% starting for San Francisco
20% returning to Tampa Bay
13% starting for Tennessee
12% retiring
5% returning to New England
3% starting for New Orleans
2% starting for Detroit

LeBron did return to Cleveland after that once seemed impossible. Drawbacks from Brady's point of view would be returning to NE weather, the changes to the offense (including the impossible to imagine collaboration of Brady and Patricia), and the distance it would put between Brady and his kids (fresh off the divorce).

My preference is Brady going to SF because he could win another Super Bowl there for sure. And right away. But returning to NE would be the most fun and the hype would be unprecedented. The team, the locker room, ownership, the fans, the media... everyone should love the idea.

The Fraud made that weak claim of going back home cause Cleveland got gifted the first pick which guaranteed them Kevin love who at the time was a 20/10 all star and was viewed as a top 15 player to go along with Kyrie having just won an all star mvp. While Wade ran out of juice and couldn’t walk and Miami was strapped of talent lebron like usual ran from a challenge to join a super team Brady coming here is nothing like that

Run it back Brady!

The Fraud made that weak claim of going back home cause Cleveland got gifted the first pick which guaranteed them Kevin love who at the time was a 20/10 all star and was viewed as a top 15 player to go along with Kyrie having just won an all star mvp. While Wade ran out of juice and couldn’t walk and Miami was strapped of talent lebron like usual ran from a challenge to join a super team Brady coming here is nothing like that
Never mind the details I'm just talking about the improbability of returning. They were burning LeBron's jerseys when he first left Cleveland. Brady didn't even face that degree of animosity from the NE fans when he (got forced out of town by Belichick). I don't think Brady's coming back but if he did then it would be rejoiced by PatsFans.

I just don't understand why Brady wouldn't just retire after this year. He already retired and unretired in the last offseason. I know at this point we expect him to play forever, but there has to be an end point.

If Brady wanted to come back for one more season, I would welcome him back with open arms. The article indicates that Brady is concerned about Patricia being the OC, so I think Brady back would guarantee that we don't have to deal with a Patricia offense anymore. Brady is also a great recruiter, and would probably find a way to convince lineman to come to NE to fix the line. I'd just let Mac learn a year under Brady then give him the job back, if he doesn't like that you trade him and Zappe is the heir apparent.

A big part of Brady leaving at the time was the quality of the roster without him (imo). I think the Pats are in a better place than they were when Tom left, because of the players they have drafted since then and they could fill some of their other holes in free agency.

Tom Brady should absolutely finish his career in New England, but I can't imagine him not retiring.

As a Lakers fan, I can tell you out here in SoCal he's not in the same universe as Kobe in terms of being liked. In fact, this just seems like a another temporary stop on his world tour. He's done a great job stripping the Lakers of all their young assets. The list of names they had to give up because it doesn't fit LeBron's game is something lots of fans can't get over. He's the most high maintenance player in NBA history who requires everyone to get out of his way and they must shoot 40% from 3 point range. Their bubble title is looking flukey.

I just don't understand why Brady wouldn't just retire after this year. He already retired and unretired in the last offseason. I know at this point we expect him to play forever, but there has to be an end point.

If Brady wanted to come back for one more season, I would welcome him back with open arms. The article indicates that Brady is concerned about Patricia being the OC, so I think Brady back would guarantee that we don't have to deal with a Patricia offense anymore. Brady is also a great recruiter, and would probably find a way to convince lineman to come to NE to fix the line. I'd just let Mac learn a year under Brady then give him the job back, if he doesn't like that you trade him and Zappe is the heir apparent.

A big part of Brady leaving at the time was the quality of the roster without him (imo). I think the Pats are in a better place than they were when Tom left, because of the players they have drafted since then and they could fill some of their other holes in free agency.

Tom Brady should absolutely finish his career in New England, but I can't imagine him not retiring.
We have about $50 million in cap to spend next season. If Tom comes back, there goes $25 to $30 million of it.

As for Patricia, in case anyone forgets, Patricia was the one wearing the Goodell clown shirt as he got off the plane in response to deflategate. He might not want Patricia as OC, but he probably doesn't have a lot of animosity toward him.

Lol theyre so "all in" on Mac they yanked him against the Bears. Cue the "that was the plan all along" nonsense.

As a Lakers fan, I can tell you out here in SoCal he's not in the same universe as Kobe in terms of being liked. In fact, this just seems like a another temporary stop on his world tour. He's done a great job stripping the Lakers of all their young assets. The list of names they had to give up because it doesn't fit LeBron's game is something lots of fans can't get over. He's the most high maintenance player in NBA history who requires everyone to get out of his way and they must shoot 40% from 3 point range. Their bubble title is looking flukey.

It’s funny how he begged for that roster and ther suck so they blame the GM as usual and you’re right the bubble ring is meaningless

not going to happen...thankfully

All of New England and Patriots nation has been waiting on you, Mac10 for your measured unbiased feelings regarding Tom possibly returning. I must say, and I think I speak for all Patriots fans that you have shocked us with your answer. I'm so glad you posted it because none if had any idea how you felt about it.

It’s funny how he begged for that roster and ther suck so they blame the GM as usual and you’re right the bubble ring is meaningless
I've been a Lakers fan since the late Magic days when I was an elementary school kid and I've never seen so many rosters in consecutive years being wiped out. This front office is also really dysfunctional. I miss Jerry Buss.

There is absolutely no way this happens. This is Brady’s last season.

WHOA. Didn’t expect that! **** I’ve gotta give Patricia credit there

Whole idea seems ridiculous... Belichick didn't want to give him a 2 year deal at 42 years old, hes not going to give him one at 46

Also he's having a pretty tough year over there in Tampa because of their O-line problems, and thats with an elite receiving core (granted theyve had a lot of injuries). What makes anyone think he would suddenly do so much better here with our offense under Matt Patricia of all people?

Why are you assuming that Kraft had to choose between Tom or Bill and that one of them had to go? For all we know Tom wanted out, and I'm convinced it was Gisele that was the one driving that process. Brady was the one who drove to Kraft's house to tell him that he was leaving, and this came as a surprise to Kraft because he thought Brady was going to re-sign with the team.

If Belichick wanted Brady to stay, he wouldn’t have spent all the cap money on other players.

I don’t doubt Gisele role, but what did they offer Tom?

They just let a 7 time Super Bowl winner walk.

Now look at us?

Do you think 81 year old Kraft is happy this year? He only has a few more rodeos, and I doubt he want anymore seasons like this.

Be honest dude…. Our offense sucks !

I think there's a better chance Brady and Rodgers retire than end up on the Pats and Jets.
I’d like to see Brady retire and come back to the Pats as Bill’s OC.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back