PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe on Brady to the Patriots next season

Brady is only going to a team a QB short of being a strong Super Bowl contender. He isn't going to come back to a team that has no legitimate OC, weak receiving talent, and a crappy o-line.

And Belichick is not going to make it look like he made a mistake for not trying to keep Brady three years ago.
Tom's options are pretty slim for your criteria.

@MAC10 will love that. He'll ditch Mac and go back to his old board name. lol

No thanks

photo-1607387026974-f6d4bd4f501a

Last edited:
If he moves here he's going to have to pay that new graduated tax thing...moving from a place where there is no state tax.

The part I wonder about is whether Tom going to Florida was partially driven by Giselle. “You can keep playing only if you get me out of this cold weather.”

No more Giselle, so…

Feels improbable, mainly due to OC situation, but not out of the question.

Only barred. Not banned. That would be extreme.
After you get barred does that mean to get back in you gotta be disbarred?
But in Law,  disbarred also means getting kicked out. So lawyers gotta be barred to get back in?
#@!%*! PJ youre confusing the sh.it outta me

Tom's options are pretty slim for your criteria.

The 49ers is a possibility. Hell, the Jets may be an option especially with his oldest son living in NY.

I wish it would happen,,,,just for one Season so he retires winning his 8th and Patriots 7th Super Bowl.
Both Mac and Zappe could learn a thing or 2 from the GOAT and maybe sub him on certain situations. Unlikely to happen but wow if it does.

I genuinely believe Belichick rather advance to a SB but lose without Brady than win another one with him.

I wish it would happen,,,,just for one Season so he retires winning his 8th and Patriots 7th Super Bowl.
Both Mac and Zappe could learn a thing or 2 from the GOAT and maybe sub him on certain situations. Unlikely to happen but wow if it does.

If Brady comes back, they are trading away Mac Jones. No way do they bring back Brady and bench Jones for a year and then have to decide whether to pick up the fifth year option for him with him on the bench or gamble that he doesn't do well enough they want to keep him after his fourth season, but not well enough to franchise him and then have to decide to let him walk or make him one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Year three is the make or break year for Jones or any first round draft pick. If he isn't the starter because the signed Brady, no way he is here.

The only way I'd want Brady back is if he improves over the next month of the season AND Mac struggles big time. Right now, however, Mac and Brady don't look like great options but all things being equal I'll stick with Mac and hope he develops.

The only way I'd want Brady back is if he improves over the next month of the season AND Mac struggles big time. Right now, however, Mac and Brady don't look like great options but all things being equal I'll stick with Mac and hope he develops.
Hate to break it to you Brady is still better than Mac Jones.

Hate to break it to you Brady is still better than Mac Jones.

So is Geno Smith, Cousins, Goff, Ryan, and Brissett...doesn't mean we go out and trade for them. The question is, does Bill pull the plug on Mac after two years? If Mac has a miserable December like last year, then I could see that happening. If he shows progress, on the other hand, why give up on a good prospect after two years?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back