PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jared Goff may be available [update: traded to Lions]

It almost seems like shanahan doesn't trust him to run their offense. In the NFCCG last year he made a total of 8 passes
Well to be fair the 9ers’ ground attack ran roughshod over GB in that game. Jimmy showed his ass in LIV however by having a putrid 4th quarter.

No thank you

Fireable offence to give Goff that huge contract after only 3 years. I can’t see any team dumb enough to take on that contract for a guy who’s not very good.

I think the rams are stuck. No one is reading for that contract. At least with Jimmy G they can cut him and have no repercussions to the cap.

So many teams looking for upgrades. It's why people on this board make it so simple "draft a guy #15 and you are all set!" In reality there's teams who thought they were happy (niners and rams) who were super bowl teams. Looking to move on.

The guy you draft at #15 may end up being Goff or wentz and then you are back looking for someone.

I just feel that if Bill and the Patriots organization is high on him still they must feel the niners aren't using him correctly and they have the perfect system for him.

We see with Tannehill that sometimes guys just need a different system to excel
He reverted right back to being Tannenhill in the playoffs. Same thing with Foles this year. Guys are what they are. The body of their career will let you know who they are. Don't get distracted by little flashes, good or bad.

Rams got a steal!

Edit: the Lions got a steal. Two firsts to take that contract? Rams have been morons with their draft picks.

Last edited:
Goff is the typical college QB running the "look at the coach on the sidelines offense". If the play doesn't go as scripted, he's ineffective.

He's pretty good though. Good stats. I see an Alex Smith type of career which can be pretty good.

rams dumped a marginal QB with a big contract and got a better guy for a few years.....but the draft pick cost is high......

rams dumped a marginal QB with a big contract and got a better guy for a few years.....but the draft pick cost is high......

The draft pick cost is relative. Those late first rounders are entirely overrated to what players are usually available there.

Their future will be more written by injury luck for a really top heavy team and a by how their r2/r3 picks work out to fill out the team.

Ugh. She belongs behind a Chinese restaurant that has a ton of health code violations. Walking grease trap.

That's what little ****ed dudes say.

View attachment 30078Was this why Goff was traded? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: For the record, I would pipe Sean's gf too!

This explains a lot more why Goff was traded. Makes no sense otherwise to get rid of a 65% passer, 25 year old 2:1 TD/int ratio passer with 4 playoff wins over an old 33 year old who is 5-10 in the NFC west and has never won a playoff game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back