PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars sign (edit: cut) Tebow

And that demonstrates why your position on this is a joke, because the bias makes it so.
Thank you, oh objective one.

Meyer is the definition of the corruption and hypocrisy that defines college football. Tebow hasn't earned a tryout; his track record as a pro athlete is a string of abject failures. Tryout spots for NFL teams are rare resources and a Meyer's character is on full display as he denies more deserving guys a chance at a backup TE spot so he can give that opportunity to his buddy.

“I’d be tempted to bring him in as our backup,” an anonymous NFC head coach said in 2013. “But it’s just not worth dealing with all the stuff that comes with it.” “You don’t want to put up with the circus,” another AFC head coach added.

Meyer is the definition of the corruption and hypocrisy that defines college football. Tebow hasn't earned a tryout; his track record as a pro athlete is a string of abject failures. Tryout spots for NFL teams are rare resources and a Meyer's character is on full display as he denies more deserving guys a chance at a backup TE spot so he can give that opportunity to his buddy.

“I’d be tempted to bring him in as our backup,” an anonymous NFC head coach said in 2013. “But it’s just not worth dealing with all the stuff that comes with it.” “You don’t want to put up with the circus,” another AFC head coach added.
You can't be this obtuse. You do realize try outs/roster spots are given all the time because of relationships. Tebow won 2 national championships with Meyer and a Heismann. That is way more than half the scrubs that get a tryout for teams every year.

You can't be this obtuse. You do realize try outs/roster spots are given all the time because of relationships. Tebow won 2 national championships with Meyer and a Heismann. That is way more than half the scrubs that get a tryout for teams every year.

You accuse another poster of being obtuse but then claim that Tebow "won 2 National Championships and a Hesiman. That is way more than half the scrubs that get a tryout for teams every year", as if that is objective evidence that Tebow is a better TE than the other potential options.

You realize that occurred 14 years ago, at the collegiate level, with Tebow playing a different position than the one he has been signed to play in Jacksonville, correct?

On the topic of obtuse ...

• Agree
Reactions: jah
You accuse another poster of being obtuse but then claim that Tebow "won 2 National Championships and a Hesiman. That is way more than half the scrubs that get a tryout for teams every year", as if that is objective evidence that Tebow is a better TE than the other potential options.

You realize that occurred 14 years ago, at the collegiate level, with Tebow playing a different position than the one he has been signed to play in Jacksonville, correct?

Optimistically, we’re not even going to talk about that injury riddled semi-pro baseball career. Of course, baseball is a much more demanding and physical sport than football.

What Meyers may or not be isn't relevant to what you claimed of Tebow. And what's this "earned" crap? Who the hell are you to talk about what Tebow has "earned"? What's your objective criteria, and why does Meyer have to follow it?

And just because one AFC head coach didn't have the balls to handle "the circus" doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to do it.

Maybe Tebow is more accurate at 10 yards or less and would be good in short yardage situations? Can't really see him as a TE this late in his football cycle, so the signing does seem unusual to me. But a modified QB specialty role with limited reps might be a good fit? He was not terrible at baseball so he has some athleticism, so maybe there is a fit. His football instincts are good.

Oh, I know it happens, just as it does in all sectors -government, business, nonprofit, etc. It is still a form of corruption.
When a person takes a leadership role, in any sector, they take on the ethical responsibility to use the resources they are granted oversight of to the benefit of the organization, and only the organization. Anything less is corruption - very human, very normal, very common, and still a corruption of the process.

On the other hand, this study shows that most people would rather have a cat than Tebow to hang around with.

1620777497708.png

What Meyers may or not be isn't relevant to what you claimed of Tebow. And what's this "earned" crap? Who the hell are you to talk about what Tebow has "earned"? What's your objective criteria, and why does Meyer have to follow it?

And just because one AFC head coach didn't have the balls to handle "the circus" doesn't mean that nobody is allowed to do it.

Earned as in demonstrated the physical and mental capabilities to play TE in the NFL. There's no way that Tebow is #1 on that list.

Earned as in demonstrated the physical and mental capabilities to play TE in the NFL. There's no way that Tebow is #1 on that list.
Nobody has done that until they've done that, and you can't do that until you make an NFL team. Try again, bigot.

This isn't about objective evidence. This is about a chance to make the team to which chances are given all the time to people based on relationships and past performance. This isn't some aberration because it is Tebow. He still has to earn a roster spot like everyone else.

The Jaguars are bringing in a culture and character guy who knows the system, and they aren't banking on him being the team's TE1 on opening day. It's been amusing as heck to watch all the idiots on TV, hear all the idiots on the radio, and read all the idiots in print who are pretending that this is some sort of problematic thing, when many of them are the same people who were demanding that Kaepernick be signed by some team as recently as last year.

I don't get the obsession with Kaepernick. His last season he was horrible and was benched.

If he was good no team would care about his politics

I never quite got the Tebow hype or the Tebow hate. He was a really good college qb whose game never quite translated and was good enough in the nfl. However it was always amazing to me that certain people found it perfectly acceptable to rip him because of his religion. The way he practices his religion certainly isn’t the way I do, but the people that rip him for that have to realize they are religious bigots right? Hating someone for his religious beliefs, just because you disagree with them is wrong on so many levels. Unless your understanding of your own religion leads you to do awful things against others, who cares. Lots and lots of nfl players are very religious. None of my business.

I never quite got the Tebow hype or the Tebow hate. He was a really good college qb whose game never quite translated and was good enough in the nfl. However it was always amazing to me that certain people found it perfectly acceptable to rip him because of his religion. The way he practices his religion certainly isn’t the way I do, but the people that rip him for that have to realize they are religious bigots right? Hating someone for his religious beliefs, just because you disagree with them is wrong on so many levels. Unless your understanding of your own religion leads you to do awful things against others, who cares. Lots and lots of nfl players are very religious. None of my business.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread rip Tebow for his religion; the term "religious bigot" seems pretty harsh.

Can you point to any quote(s) in this thread of someone personally criticizing Tebow for his religion and no other reason? That's a sincere question, I haven't read this thread particularly closely.

I think what some express is a frustration or distaste at being regularly exposed to his personal, religious beliefs. Kneeling during games, after plays, bible verses on eye-tape, quoting bible verses in most interviews. His religion is clearly at the forefront of his life and he shares it with everyone he encounters; some folks don't care for that, presumably because they find religion and faith to be a private, personal matter.

I personally don't mind Tebow's persona and tend to think he's a decent guy. I certainly don't share his religious beliefs/worldview, but I don't have any personal grudge against the guy and I certainly wish him well.

Do I think he's a legitimate, viable TE option at this stage of his football career? I really doubt it, but we shall see.

Khan to Meyer: How can we increase ticket and jersey sales?

Meyer: Tebow

Tebow can play in the pre-season, sell some tickets, sell a bunch of jerseys, and maybe help explain the Meyer offense. Its a win win for the Jags. i highly doubt he makes the team.

If you are upset about this, then you really need to examine your life.

If I owned the Jags I would have brought him in years ago, just for the publicity (and money). Remember this is a business and like all businesses its goal is to make the most money possible. Tebow helps achieve that.

Seriously if you owned the Jags and your 3rd TE options were Lacosse or Tebow and you knew that Tebow would increase ticket sales and jersey sales (nobody is going to a game to watch LaCosse), why wouldn't you? Its just good business.

Last edited:

Tebow can play in the pre-season, sell some tickets, sell a bunch of jerseys, and maybe help explain the Meyer offense. Its a win win for the Jags. i highly doubt he makes the team.

If you are upset about this, then you really need to examine your life.
Jax does not need Tebow to sell jerseys. They have Lawrence. I do agree about him helping the other players with the Meyer offense and also his competitive fire would be a big positive too.

A report has come out today that Tebow has had several work outs and the trainers told Meyer he is in an fantastic shape and a tremendous athlete with great football skills. They also said he does not look 33 either. So it looks like Tim is making the most of this chance.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Khan to Meyer: Get the **** out of here. Lawrence is going to do that.

Meyer then STARES at Khan who walks to the window and looks outside, unaware that he had literally answered his own question.

CUT TO:

FIFY.

Me neither. All the guy has done is love sports, god and a fmr Miss Universe.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back