PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars sign (edit: cut) Tebow

Good for Tebow. He's getting another chance at the NFL.

And it's true that QB conversions have worked before. Just look at Edelman. It's not going to be easy though.
Tebow is trying to learn a new position at age 33. I just wish he had decided to convert earlier.

And it's true that QB conversions have worked before. Just look at Edelman. It's not going to be easy though.
Tebow is trying to learn a new position at age 33. I just wish he had decided to convert earlier.
It's just funny seeing that last sentence in a Tebow story.

That's the problem, he's 33. Gronks age trying to learn a new position.

He should've started this after his Denver stint instead of sticking to QB

Obviously the Urban Meyer connection here is a big factor, but I think it also speaks to an overall dearth of quality tight ends in the league right now. Feels like this is why BB prioritized them in free agency. It's just hard to find a solid group of 2 or 3 per team. Good for him though, he's a competitor and he'll make it interesting I'm sure.

He should have added more bulk and gone for FB. Would have been a more natural fit to his previous abilities.
Maybe he'll be more like a flex TE rather than pure TE

Wow. Urban Meyer's job requirements are to scan the football world for the best possible players at every position, and hire them based entirely on probable contribution to the team. Anything less than that is abandoning the fans and the rest of the players/coaches.

I'm having a hard time seeing Tebow being the end result of that process wrt tight end candidates.

That's the problem, he's 33. Gronks age trying to learn a new position.

He should've started this after his Denver stint instead of sticking to QB
I think the "entitled" attitude about playing QB was the clincher for a lot of people, that he's in this league to play QB. Ask the other million college QBs who became something else whether you can live with playing another position. Immaturity then, "failure to launch" story now, getting a shot at a second act... because he was too good to attempt another position.

It would suck, it would be super hard, and we should appreciate the JEs of the world that much more.

Potentially a little cynical here, but it also does make sense...

The prayer circle in Jacksonville will be off the chain this season.

Wow. Urban Meyer's job requirements are to scan the football world for the best possible players at every position, and hire them based entirely on probable contribution to the team. Anything less than that is abandoning the fans and the rest of the players/coaches.

I'm having a hard time seeing Tebow being the end result of that process wrt tight end candidates.
The Jaguars are bringing in a culture and character guy who knows the system, and they aren't banking on him being the team's TE1 on opening day. It's been amusing as heck to watch all the idiots on TV, hear all the idiots on the radio, and read all the idiots in print who are pretending that this is some sort of problematic thing, when many of them are the same people who were demanding that Kaepernick be signed by some team as recently as last year.

Brace yourselves for the return of Sports Blob Brandy, Remarker and boy lover Demosthenes along with the rest of the psycho Tebowite terrorists...

I'll always appreciate that too. It's a great bit of trivia to use when arguing with the yinzer fans. LOL

That Divisional game when the Pats whooped the Broncos was fun to watch too. Von Miller trying to start a fight and getting his ass kicked by the Patriots sideline :D
Don’t forget the 40 yard sack. Good times.

Got to love that cult of personality around Tebow lol

Watching the Patriots clown on him into oblivion back in the day was DELIGHTFUL.

Teblow sucks.

The Jaguars are bringing in a culture and character guy who knows the system, and they aren't banking on him being the team's TE1 on opening day. It's been amusing as heck to watch all the idiots on TV, hear all the idiots on the radio, and read all the idiots in print who are pretending that this is some sort of problematic thing, when many of them are the same people who were demanding that Kaepernick be signed by some team as recently as last year.

I guess that's one view. IMHO, both Meyer and Tebow are a mile wide and an inch deep on the character thing.

No kidding. The negativity is pretty revealing. So what if Tebow has not played in a few years? He won national champs with Meyers and I am sure Meyers has plans to use him all over the field, not just TE. He can probably be a Taysom Hill hybrid. Have him run the rock inside the 10 every time. He still has an arm too so he can run a little wild cat and throw the bomb. I see no downside to this at all. High character guy who is a competitive beast.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back