PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags @ Steelers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AndyJohnson @reamer I don't agree with you guys. Yeah, they've had pretty awful showings, today included, but I don't think i can call a D with that much talent overrated.
Whether they are overrated or not depends on how you rate them. If you are saying they are an outstanding defense you are overrating them. If you say the have talent but will have their work cut out for them against the GOAT and his weapons you aren’t overrating them.

Biggest thing is taking care of the ball. Their offense definetily can't keep up with and they won't score 45 points, but if I had to bet, I don't think we'll get to 30 points, for example. Just my opinion
30 depends on how the game unfolds. 30 is a good over/under number.

Oh it is a treat to read.

I like this one
steelsmitty wrote:
Not a single sack of bortles. ZERO

There was this dude. He is the all time Steelers sack leader. I thought he was on the team. I wonder what happened to him

What happened is he figured out what it takes to win a ring :D

Wow, the jaguars held on to win. Fantastic!

What happened to Steelers clock management in two minute drill? I don't recall Tomlin using any timeouts. How many unused TOs did the Steelers end up wasting at the end of the game?

What happened to Steelers clock management in two minute drill? I don't recall Tomlin using any timeouts. How many unused TOs did the Steelers end up wasting at the end of the game?
They used all the timeouts before the Jags FG

None

They used all the timeouts before the Jags FG

Yes, after the 2 minute warning. If the steelers kicked off normally, stopped them on D and used his timeouts. He would have given Ben the ball back with 1:30, no timeouts but only one score needed. Just bad coaching.

Last edited:
As Breers said, pretty wild that the Patriots road to the Super Bowl is through 2 AFC South teams in the Titans and Jags lol...

The Jaguars defense is scary good, but I'm hopeful that our defense will be able to limit their offense and win a tight 24-21 type game

As Breers said, pretty wild that the Patriots road to the Super Bowl is through 2 AFC South teams in the Titans and Jags lol...

The Jaguars defense is scary good, but I'm hopeful that our defense will be able to limit their offense and win a tight 24-21 type game

Correction: The road to the superbowl goes through Foxboro.

There was this dude. He is the all time Steelers sack leader. I thought he was on the team. I wonder what happened to him

He's playing in the AFCCG :)

Well, the Titans beat the Jags twice and the Pats beat the Titans so....

:p

Does this mean that Mike Triplin and the Squeelers are not coming here for the New England Invitational, as @robertweathers so aply named the AFCCG? I know that I heard somewhere that they were coming.

I have to apologize to the Jaguars for saying that they were possibly paper tigers. They definitely are not. We'll have our hands full next week.

I have a question. I know there were numerous times when a player ran out of bounds untouched while still going forward but the clock kept running. Was I seeing things or have the rules been changed?

I don't know who's picking the players for the Steelers but he's doing a great job. Seriously. Hopefully they'll give Triplin an extension so that he can keep coaching them.

I can't remember enjoying another team's loss as much as this one, and it had nothing to do with who our opponent would be. They're very unlikable.

Goodbye Ben. Don't let the (bathroom stall) door hit you on the way out.

Does this mean that Mike Triplin and the Squeelers are not coming here for the New England Invitational, as @robertweathers so aply named the AFCCG? I know that I heard somewhere that they were coming.

I have to apologize to the Jaguars for saying that they were possibly paper tigers. They definitely are not. We'll have our hands full next week.

I have a question. I know there were numerous times when a player ran out of bounds untouched while still going forward but the clock kept running. Was I seeing things or have the rules been changed?

I don't know who's picking the players for the Steelers but he's doing a great job. Seriously. Hopefully they'll give Triplin an extension so that he can keep coaching them.

I can't remember enjoying another team's loss as much as this one, and it had nothing to do with who our opponent would be. They're very unlikable.

Goodbye Ben. Don't let the (bathroom stall) door hit you on the way out.

The clock only stays stopped on out of bounds in the last 5 minutes of either half. Otherwise, the clock runs again once the ball is set.

I said it earlier and i’ll Say it again.

If you force Tomlin to make strategic decisions, he will make the wrong choice 99 out of 100 times.

The Pittsburgh defense was terrible today,

I agree with your line of thinking regarding both teams slowing the other down in terms of scoring, but I’m hoping that it’s not a 3 point game.

Michael Thomas belongs in NE.

To Mike Tomlin...the heroclown of all chicken little scumbag scary little marys everywhere...some advice you'd be well served to take(but you won't because you're an idiot)

JW-Lifes-tough.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back