PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags @ Steelers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Steelers clock management in two minute drill? I don't recall Tomlin using any timeouts. How many unused TOs did the Steelers end up wasting at the end of the game?

Steelers' end of game calling was brutal. It was worse than what they did against the Patriots.

The clock only stays stopped on out of bounds in the last 5 minutes of either half. Otherwise, the clock runs again once the ball is set.

Thanks a lot.

Unless that rule was changed last week I should have known it already. :oops: :rolleyes:

Why did they kick it away? Why not kick onside and advance?

Dummies

The kicking team can't advance an onside kick. Only the receiving team can. Squealers only chance was to get the jags returner to catch it cleanly and then force a fumble before he can take a knee, recover the fumble and run it into the endzone. Tall task. The game was essentially over even though there was 1 second left on the clock.

Last edited:

Somebody post this on the titans forum lol! Ooooh what a burn!

That quote is a point I try making around here, time and again. When the homers start bleating because people are bashing on the team's weak points, they ignore the reality of reasonably heightened expectations.

The Patriots, under BB and TB, aren't the Browns. They aren't even the Steelers. It's not good enough to be 8-8, or to come in second in the division, or to squeak into the playoffs. This team is measured in AFCCGs and SBs, and that's going to be the case at least until we start seeing real decline in the G.O.A.T.. Hell, this is the team that has an 18-1 2007 final record as its most disappointing season.

Now, on to Cincinnati Foxboro the AFCCG!

Last edited:
The kicking team can't advance an onside kick. Only the receiving team can. Squealers only chance was to get the jags returner to catch it cleanly and then force a fumble before he can take a knee, recover the fumble and run it into the endzone. Tall task. The game was essentially over even though there was 1 second left on the clock.
Thanks . Thought they could advance it off just the receiving team touching it...

LMAO!!!!!

Steelers S Mike Mitchell stood outside Jags locker room before game talking smack: "Ya'll gonna know my name!!!” Jags players reported he said.

Last edited:
Thanks . Thought they could advance it off just the receiving team touching it...

The only other way is if the returner muffs the kick backwards into the endzone and somehow the kicking team recovers it in the endzone.

8:00 NFL network if anyone wished to enjoy it again. :D

Hmm. I thought the same thing. Makes me wonder why I was even pissed off that they put a second back on the clock. Actually, it makes me wonder why Pittsburgh didn’t kick it more towards the EZ in a pooch style in hopes that someone may muff it. What other option did they have if this is the rule? Could they theoretically have recovered it at the 10 yard mark without the clock starting and still had one last heave at the EZ? Not sure if the clock would start or not on the recovery. I’m guessing not and this was their hope.

I hope the steelers never fire Tomlin....the steelers really should've beat the jaguars. but you have a multitude of great coaching decisions that lead to the loss

1. Doesnt look like they even gameplanned for the Jaguars and figured they could just show up and win. They played their same lazy 10-yards off zone which made it easy for bortles and didnt attempt to stop the run in the first half. They let the jaguars do everything they wanted to.

2. they go for it on two 4th and 1's in field goal range. Dont necessarily hate the call when you have half a yard to get and you are down. BUT when you have Leveon bell, and a near 250lb Quarterback they decide to Throw the ball 20 yards downfield on one, and run a sweep play on the other.

3. the onside kick. Somehow Tomlin thought that the % of an onside kick was higher than making Blake Bortles and an injured fournette drive the whole length of the field.

any one of those decisions is reversed, or even if they kick a field goal instead of going for it, then its a totally different game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back