PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones may have plea deal in place

He did a stupid thing and broke a law. He didn’t hurt anyone or even attempt to hurt anyone. He didn’t take anything that wasn’t his. This is the kind of thing plea bargains are there for. Meanwhile the patriots just signed an rb who roughed up his girl friend and no outrage from the drama queens here

He did a stupid thing and broke a law. He didn’t hurt anyone or even attempt to hurt anyone. He didn’t take anything that wasn’t his. This is the kind of thing plea bargains are there for. Meanwhile the patriots just signed an rb who roughed up his girl friend and no outrage from the drama queens here
People go to jail all the time for crimes that don't physically harm anyone.

Would set a bad precedent if guilty. Especially if it is a plea because of who you are.

Well I mean, he's indisputably guilty. He was blatantly caught trying to bring firearms onto a plane in Massachusetts, which is against the law. The only question is whether he should get some leeway because he had no idea about the law, and/or because this is his first offense (of this nature, I guess). But I agree that who he is (pro athlete) should have no bearing on the matter.

Well I mean, he's indisputably guilty. He was blatantly caught trying to bring firearms onto a plane in Massachusetts, which is against the law. The only question is whether he should get some leeway because he had no idea about the law, and/or because this is his first offense (of this nature, I guess). But I agree that who he is (pro athlete) should have no bearing on the matter.
Ignorance of the law is not a defense that will hold up in court especially since there are signs all over Logan saying you can't have firearms in your luggage.

It's literally not a precedent.
People have done the same thing and pleaded out without jail time before, and they will after.
How do you know that people have done the same and pleaded out without jail time? I think it would be a precedent.

People go to jail all the time for crimes that don't physically harm anyone.
And then we have Alec Baldwin, who shot and killed a woman and will probably face no charges, even though there's a chance he could have done it on purpose.

But Jones had a firearm in his luggage so he needs to go to jail and lose everything.

It's a strange, strange world we live in master arch.

How do you know that people have done the same and pleaded out without jail time? I think it would be a precedent.
And you think this because what, just a general gut feeling??? I get it some people are scared of guns, and obviously you think this is a much bigger deal than beating up your girlfriend, but as far as things go, this isn't a big thing, and is really only a deal at all because it happened in Massachusetts. He still broke the law, and will have to pay some kind of penalty. But if you want, you are welcome to send Bob Kraft an email and make sure he knows your feelings on the subject

And then we have Alec Baldwin, who shot and killed a woman and will probably face no charges, even though there's a chance he could have done it on purpose.

But Jones had a firearm in his luggage so he needs to go to jail and lose everything.

It's a strange, strange world we live in master arch.
Alex Baldwin is not guilty per the law, as of today.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense that will hold up in court especially since there are signs all over Logan saying you can't have firearms in your luggage.
Actually ignorance of the law can be used when determining a sentence. If someone knowingly and willingly breaks a law a judge will often look at the sentence differently than if a person has no idea they did something wrong. There isn't an argument he broke a law, there may well be an argument he either didn't know the law, or didn't realize he had a gun with him, either of which would be taken into account when sentencing occurs, or when a plea deal is discussed and reached.

And you think this because what, just a general gut feeling??? I get it some people are scared of guns, and obviously you think this is a much bigger deal than beating up your girlfriend, but as far as things go, this isn't a big thing, and is really only a deal at all because it happened in Massachusetts. He still broke the law and will have to pay some kind of penalty. But if you want, you are welcome to send Bob Kraft an email and make sure he knows your feelings on the subject
I did not say nor imply what you are suggesting I said. He broke the law, period. My point is you don't walk from that. What the penalty is depended on the court system.

I did not say nor imply what you are suggesting I said. He broke the law, period. My point is you don't walk from that. What the penalty is depended on the court system.
No what you implied was he was getting a sweet heart deal because he is a professional athlete. What others have told you was that isn't necessarily the case. You just choose to ignore them.

The precedent is you can bring firearms to Logan airport and not go to jail because of said stupidity.

No, the precedent is that you can have a high capacity magazine in the Republic of Massachusetts and not serve jail time.

It won't go to court if there's a plea deal. (By "court" I mean trial)

No what you implied was he was getting a sweet heart deal because he is a professional athlete. What others have told you was that isn't necessarily the case. You just choose to ignore them.
Jones is getting special treatment.

Nobody is surprised.

Actually ignorance of the law can be used when determining a sentence. If someone knowingly and willingly breaks a law a judge will often look at the sentence differently than if a person has no idea they did something wrong. There isn't an argument he broke a law, there may well be an argument he either didn't know the law, or didn't realize he had a gun with him, either of which would be taken into account when sentencing occurs, or when a plea deal is discussed and reached.
Yeah, that's after you're convicted.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back