PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones may have plea deal in place

We have to be careful of setting a precedent, everyone! We must destroy Jack Jones life so we can send a message! What that message is, I'm not exactly sure but we need to send it anyways and make this young man pay the iron price!!!!

holy cow...

here is some more info for all you draconian boomers

View attachment 52112
As a 1st time offender that is a reasonable outcome.

No one ever said Jack Jones is a Mensa candidate.

Comments:

1.) Michael McCann is the same guy who taught a 'Deflategate' course at UNH. So....a little homer take there, IMO.

2.) A lot of armchair lawyers in this thread. Myself included, LOL.

3.) Yup, it is 100% absolutely clear that you cannot bring a gun into ANY AIRPORT in the United States of America. Been to many airports in this country....and even there is a cool holographic of a spinning handgun with a slash through it floating mid-air above the TSA line at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport.

4.) IMO....and I am no legal expert...but occasionally stay at the Holiday Inn Express.... not knowing that guns were in your bag is a plausible defense. The law is the law and he broke it...no doubt about it. None at all. But if he was really unaware....a judge could sign off on a plea deal with the DA. I still think Jack will do some time, pay a hefty fine, probation, and take some safety courses. I mean...there are THOUSANDS of guns confiscated at airports every year and did every person do jail time? Bet many got off with a slap of wrist. I mean the charges were kinda drummed up here....two for having a gun, two for brining it into an airport, 2 for having a large capacity magazine, 2 for having guns loaded, and 2 more for carrying ammo without a license or something..... A good attorney could knock down a few of those...and plead Jones' ignorance...drag out this case to the point where Jones serves 3 months in the off-season and gets out after 6 weeks with good behavior. Again, I only occasionally stay at the Holiday Inn Express....

Comments:

1.) Michael McCann is the same guy who taught a 'Deflategate' course at UNH. So....a little homer take there, IMO.

2.) A lot of armchair lawyers in this thread. Myself included, LOL.

3.) Yup, it is 100% absolutely clear that you cannot bring a gun into ANY AIRPORT in the United States of America. Been to many airports in this country....and even there is a cool holographic of a spinning handgun with a slash through it floating mid-air above the TSA line at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport.

4.) IMO....and I am no legal expert...but occasionally stay at the Holiday Inn Express.... not knowing that guns were in your bag is a plausible defense. The law is the law and he broke it...no doubt about it. None at all. But if he was really unaware....a judge could sign off on a plea deal with the DA. I still think Jack will do some time, pay a hefty fine, probation, and take some safety courses. I mean...there are THOUSANDS of guns confiscated at airports every year and did every person do jail time? Bet many got off with a slap of wrist. I mean the charges were kinda drummed up here....two for having a gun, two for brining it into an airport, 2 for having a large capacity magazine, 2 for having guns loaded, and 2 more for carrying ammo without a license or something..... A good attorney could knock down a few of those...and plead Jones' ignorance...drag out this case to the point where Jones serves 3 months in the off-season and gets out after 6 weeks with good behavior. Again, I only occasionally stay at the Holiday Inn Express....
The real sticking point here is the extended mags which are a big no bueno in MA. Those carry minimum sentences in the state. I don't see how you plead out of mandatory minimums like that.

If JJ was a NY Jet or a KC Chief you would want the maximum penalty.

Why are you a homer?

id only want hoodlums who are violent criminals to get a max penalty

MA and CA have dumb, draconian, unconstitutional gun laws to begin with... i certainly wouldnt want a young person to have their life ruined over something as stupid as this

if they were a Jete or Chief, I'd be laughing at them not rooting for them to go to prison... with obvious exceptions like a Tyreek Hill or something who beat 3 year olds and break their arms

I have trouble processing this issue. When someone does something as stunningly stupid as this, I find it hard to trust that person more globally going forward. This doesn't look like a misstep or an oversight. This looks pathologically stupid. If he can play, he can play, I suppose, but we would do well to keep a close eye on him if he is able to play. Acts at this level of idiocy are rarely an isolated phenomenon.

I have trouble processing this issue. When someone does something as stunningly stupid as this, I find it hard to trust that person more globally going forward. This doesn't look like a misstep or an oversight. This looks pathologically stupid. If he can play, he can play, I suppose, but we would do well to keep a close eye on him if he is able to play. Acts at this level of idiocy are rarely an isolated phenomenon.
Maybe. Perhaps he's from a background where daily gun carrying is normal and he just forgot.

I've lost pocket knives twice at airport check-ins because I forgot they were in my carry on.

"hold my Gatorade.."

18-16.jpg

The real sticking point here is the extended mags which are a big no bueno in MA. Those carry minimum sentences in the state. I don't see how you plead out of mandatory minimums like that.

A plea deal gets those charges dropped and thus the judge then doesn't need to impose the minimums.

For me, the most compelling argument for a plea bargain with probation and community service is the fact that the Pats really, really need him as an outside cornerback this year. Also, he is not a thug or a gang-banger,
so stop referring to him as such, even though nobody here has referred to him as such.

In regards to Jack Jones' previous "criminal history"....

1.) He was let go from USC because he was unable to remain academically egilible.

2.) He was arrested for breaking into a Panda Express at 3:45AM. He was then supposed to be sentenced to serve 90 days in jail for felony burglary of less than $950. His lawyer knocked that down to a misdemeanor and he served 45 days of house arrest and 3 years of probation.

3.) He was arrested when he was 20 years old.....

A plea deal gets those charges dropped and thus the judge then doesn't need to impose the minimums.
The woman partially responsible for the extended mag ban is the currect governor. Do you think she's going to want to let it slide?

The precedent is you can bring firearms to Logan airport and not go to jail because of said stupidity.

99% of these cases people just get a fine. Happens thousand of times a year across the country. 5k for an unloaded gun, 15000 for a loaded gun. President has already long been set.

No, what you implied was he was getting a sweetheart deal because he is a professional athlete. What others have told you was that isn't necessarily the case. You just choose to ignore them.
If I implied what you said then I am sorry to have posted that.

I think if you break the law because you are smart, stupid, well known or an unknown doing so has consequences. What those consequences are is not me to decide that is why we have a court system, good or bad. I believe you are incident until proven guilty. Let the shoe drop when it does. I did say he was stupid, how do you not know the rule, there are signs.

top result in google... but yea, instead lets destroy a young man's life so we can send a political message...

awesome.

View attachment 52111
I ask how someone know what was personal between the court and an individual. I said nothing about destroying his life.

If he did it on purpose he is guilty, they just can't prove it.
Is the law if you do it on purpose vs.not doing it on purpose?

And you think this because what, just a general gut feeling??? I get it some people are scared of guns, and obviously you think this is a much bigger deal than beating up your girlfriend, but as far as things go, this isn't a big thing, and is really only a deal at all because it happened in Massachusetts. He still broke the law, and will have to pay some kind of penalty. But if you want, you are welcome to send Bob Kraft an email and make sure he knows your feelings on the subject
Are you related to him? Maybe it runs in the family.

In regards to Jack Jones' previous "criminal history"....

1.) He was let go from USC because he was unable to remain academically egilible.

2.) He was arrested for breaking into a Panda Express at 3:45AM. He was then supposed to be sentenced to serve 90 days in jail for felony burglary of less than $950. His lawyer knocked that down to a misdemeanor and he served 45 days of house arrest and 3 years of probation.

3.) He was arrested when he was 20 years old.....
a regular Rhodes Scholar and Eagle Scout

I hope not. Let it be resolved, he is guilty or not. No deal because he plays NFL football, please.
How about because the laws are stupid and draconian anyway

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back