PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn Removes all Patriots references from his social media accounts

I get it, but if Cannon or Brown get injured, we don't have any other OT's on the team or practice squad. Cajuste is injured at this time. Unless we trade Wynn for another OT(which I'm not opposed to) we can't cut him.
Well we can always move one of them to the 53 and cut BUM chips Ahoyyy who is stealing a roster spot from more deserving nfl players l

I get it, but if Cannon or Brown get injured, we don't have any other OT's on the team or practice squad. Cajuste is injured at this time. Unless we trade Wynn for another OT(which I'm not opposed to) we can't cut him.
I don't think they'd make that move without also signing an OT off the street. It's quite possible that the hypothetical free agent scrap heap guy is a better fit for the roster than Wynn.

Why trade, unless its for like a conditional 6th or 7th... otherwise you bring in a sfa like Daryl Williams or bring back Caleb Benenoch

Gutierrez was let go. We don't have an OT on the practice squad at this time.
Are you sure? That was stated at one point but then I saw they let a different player go.

This one is sort of an interesting situation since he didn't ask to be moved to right tackle and has obviously been playing poorly. At the same time, he was outplayed by Brown at left tackle ... so there's still some responsibility there on his part. That and all the penalties certainly aren't helping whatever argument he's trying to make.

My only concern around this is Cannon's injury history. While Wynn has been frustrating he also has played adequately in stretches, so I've been hoping he could remain a partial answer rotationally then step in as needed. But according to your thread title something is up.

Pats website transaction page says he was released from the PS 10/11

You’re right, it looks like they had a gap on the PS for a week but just filled it with Ron’Dell Carter. Although, they’re gonna need to sign Cannon to the 53 which will open another spot. I thought he was already on the 53 but it isn’t listed here.

Are you sure? That was stated at one point but then I saw they let a different player go.
Yes. He was let go right around the time when we signed Collins to the PS.

You’re right, it looks like they had a gap on the PS for a week but just filled it with Ron’Dell Carter. Although, they’re gonna need to sign Cannon to the 53 which will open another spot. I thought he was already on the 53 but it isn’t listed here.
They didn't update that website. Cannon is now a part of the 53 man roster.

Reactions: Ian
Someone will sign Wynn this off season, even just to play guard. Which means the Pats would be in line for a comp pick. So it really makes no sense to trade him for peanuts now and open up a potential hole on the o-line.

If someone wants to give BB a 4th rd pick or better, hasta la vista

Is cadjuste still on ir? If a move is coming here hed be the primary backup behind cannon?

Pretty clearly Wynn has had trouble with the transition from LT to RT - some players can make that transition easily but a lot have troubles. He's a valuable backup at LT.
But he's very likely pissed with the switch - going to cost him a lot next year, both because RT typically gets paid less than LT, and because he hasn't played well at RT.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back