PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the brady vs belichick debate ruining this board or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly notice it. But I also don't care if someone thinks one was better than the other. It's an inconsequential debate with no ability to objectively declare a winner.

You more often than not throw in negative digs totally unsolicited just to get Brady fans to engage you which sends the thread spiraling out of control. If you'd just stop trolling there wouldn't be a whole lot of Brady talk going on in the main forum.
Didnt he also go after transgenders?

For what it's worth, if Ian's goal is to maximize WinstonSmith's patsfans.com pleasure/experience, he and his minions need only to keep threads slightly on track by simply removing folks from threads when appropriate. Discuss Brady vs Bill, or the intricacies of horse sex, or whatever in their appropriately specific threads, but have mods try to keep threads on track by removing repeat offenders from threads if they continously stray off topic.

I feel like its been discussed on 80% of threads for the last 2 years with no end in sight. The same arguments are brought up and its just one side trashing the other nonstop. It might just be me, but I feel like over the last two years its gotten noticebly bad.
Dude, why are you starting this thread if you think the topic had been discussed ad nauseam and is ruining this forum?

I know we've had this topic posed quite a bit and I don't understand why it's such a polarizing debate instead of just a discussion. We've had an unbelievable run and I feel like anyone who has followed this team closely over the past 20+ years is aware that even with a great quarterback, most of us have lost count over how many times coaches with that type of QB have lost games due to dumb decisions during crunch time. We've fortunately never really had to endure that.

At the same time, we've also seen plenty of great QBs throw a key interception in a critical moment during the postseason, which, fortunately, also hasn't been an issue. But you can't win in the NFL without a really good quarterback and excellent coaching. We've been blessed with both, and I personally don't believe we could have won six titles without both. Could we have won a couple? That I do believe. But it took both collectively to win six championships.

That being said, I disagreed with how Belichick handled it and I do feel they should have kept Brady until the wheels came off. Anyone who wants to debate the financials has to realize - and I'm sure most do - they absolutely could have kicked the can down the line further and dealt with the consequences the way they did in 2020. However, the timing worked out because I do feel Mac Jones is among the QBs you don't end up with very often. So the fact lightning may have struck twice is a miracle in and of itself and if we're going to win another one, I'm glad Belichick is still around to potentially get them there.

But one vs the other? It's more of a discussion than a debate. I think Brady could have pulled a Manning and won a couple of titles. But Brady had Belichick, so unlike Manning, Brady ended up with 6 here and 1 more after he left. And I couldn't be more pleased with how well that debate has been settled - which I do sort of feel like is relevant in this discussion :cool:

Last edited:
I'm grateful for this thread because I learned something new. Like a good Catholic boy, @Ian believes in miracles. Amen.

I do feel they should have kept Brady until the wheels came off
The only point of contention id make to this is that brady wanted to leave. He knew talent wise this team wasn't going to be a contender. We all saw it when the team was 8-0 and brady was throwing the offense under the bus.

The team kept brady as long as they could, but brady decided to take the wheels and leave.

I firmly believe we could have offered him 3 years 75 mil fully guaranteed, and he still would have walked. Gronk wasn't coming back the patriots. we had one receiver, and Jules was basically kneeless.

All that being said, we have absolute assclowns like the morning show on weei, and that shine fella going apeshit every morning talking about how bad mac jones is, and how terrible bellichick is, and saying stuff like "What has the best coach done for you in the last three years, just two playoff appearances"

Like seriously, we're the MOST spoiled fanbase in the NFL, fullstop. when 2 playoff appearances in a three year stretch of rebuilding is considered failure.

Brady is the Goat.
BB is the Goat.
Combined?

selena s GIF

It was a once and a lifetime combo that ran its course. it happens.

You and the other Tommyites spent the last 2 years on the Bucs side of the forum almost exclusively. Then Brady retired, you came back here, and now you are about to go back now that Deus started the 2022 Gronkaneer thread.
I posted here. I called BB the GOAT coach. Explain your unsolicited trolling on the main forum.

The only point of contention id make to this is that brady wanted to leave. He knew talent wise this team wasn't going to be a contender. We all saw it when the team was 8-0 and brady was throwing the offense under the bus.

The team kept brady as long as they could, but brady decided to take the wheels and leave.

I firmly believe we could have offered him 3 years 75 mil fully guaranteed, and he still would have walked. Gronk wasn't coming back the patriots. we had one receiver, and Jules was basically kneeless.

All that being said, we have absolute assclowns like the morning show on weei, and that shine fella going apeshit every morning talking about how bad mac jones is, and how terrible bellichick is, and saying stuff like "What has the best coach done for you in the last three years, just two playoff appearances"

Like seriously, we're the MOST spoiled fanbase in the NFL, fullstop. when 2 playoff appearances in a three year stretch of rebuilding is considered failure.

Brady is the Goat.
BB is the Goat.
Combined?

selena s GIF

It was a once and a lifetime combo that ran its course. it happens.
I agree, but I left out the fact the killer in the break-up really had less to do with the talent and more with how he was treated leading up to that. Them going year-to-year with him with incentives was - in my opinion - not right, and I'm sure that was the straw that broke the camel's back and made him want out. Frankly, I get it, and as I've mentioned, I do disagree with how it was handled. I understand Brady was in uncharted territory but if there's anyone they should have gambled on, it was him.

100% agree with this. Most of us who are older and endured a lot of bad years (and I'm one of the younger ones considering what others have witnessed/been through) realize how bad they once were long before they became one of the NFL's elite. Losing Brady is just the first step, losing Belichick will be the next. People who are killing him now will be doing a lot of "Remember when...?" discussions 10 years from now when we look back at wherever they are then compared to what we witnessed. I understand he set a high bar, but given that hitting hit even with him has been tough, just imagine how much harder it's going to be once he's gone.

if anything is "ruining" this forum it's the oversensitive people who go nutty when someone posts something they don't agree with - be it in the Patriots forum or in one of the other forms. it's pretty ridiculous when some people act like you've stolen their puppy if you criticize Belichick or criticize the "accepted" political or social narrative.

So here's what sports radio is like in other places...

"Man we haven't had a playoff win in a generation, is it the GM's fault or the coach's fault? Man they've just internalized losing man. They just come here for an easy check and a 2 year vacation. _____ is the only guy even trying. blah blah blah."

Thing is, generally speaking, a lot of it is true. Just think about it - you've heard versions of all the above applied to NE, and it's the most successful franchise in modern history. Go to another town, turn on the radio, and you don't think you'll agree with some of what's been said about the coach carousel or the musical QB chairs? Then you might think it's time to dig in your heels and say, no no, this QB is good, and they should give him another year, or that coach had a **** hand dealt him, and you defend.

That's the stuff of sports arguments.

We haven't had that in 20 years.

We should be happy that we haven't. But the thing is, people like that stuff. They like to fight and argue and win and vanquish each other. Ask @Ian lol. He has to deal with our waves of cyber vandalism against each other every time there's something out there that people like fighting about.

So since that's universal, and since it really is hard to make a case for whining about ineptitude and laziness and all the rest when a team is perenially winning, there's pent-up demand for an opportunity to whine.

So people created this world in their minds where TB was the messiah and hey, despite their success, guys like Josh McD and BB were really just a drag on TB's success... and pay attention to the get here.

We get to complain and fight!

Now, everybody has faults and being matched to somebody who's a GOAT will cover all sorts of probs, granted, for BB, just like being on a loaded offense is good for your stats and wins for Brady, and being matched with BB would still have been good for him if the bridges weren't already a little burned.

Main thing, though, is we have a huge desire for it to be all 1 or all the other, so the other one is ordinary, flawed, and not as smart as the off-the-street commentator.

I like reading the takes here. I think we usually stumble on a little deeper understanding than we otherwise would. But man, needing BB et al. to suck so you can complain at home? shudder

Can somebody explain how they came up with the Drake Equation before Drake was even a thing?

Thank you

The real question is who's responsible for the Bucs success: BA or Brady?

Is it me or does Tom like to play for B coaches?

For me the main reason for visiting this forum is to expose myself to different opinions. I‘m with FCB02062, we have to be more accepting of the fact that other people see things differently and use that as an opportunity to challenge out own assumptions and learn. I think the more you learn the more you enjoy life!

For me the main reason for visiting this forum is to expose myself to different opinions. I‘m with FCB02062, we have to be more accepting of the fact that other people see things differently and use that as an opportunity to challenge out own assumptions and learn. I think the more you learn the more you enjoy life!
But what if those opinions include showing hate for fellow posters. Posters should have the right to hate other posters. Isn't hate a form of protected free speach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back