PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the brady vs belichick debate ruining this board or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I think the Brady/Belichick stuff is a lot less than it has been in the last two years. 2020 was insufferable that everything turned into a Brady/Belichick thing. It has slowly died down.

There are still people who hate one or the other now and don't miss an opportunity to bash the one they hate, but I think it is fewer and farther between than before. But unfortunately, it may never end completely until both men are retired or Belichick is no longer with the team.

And once again Venecol has absolutely nothing to show for his valiant stance of standing up to the non existent Brady Bashers. Fighting the brave fight against non existent foes.
Screenshot_20220321-092207_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-092122_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-092106_Chrome.jpg
This is just one thread. They're out there

It's just you. Ignore those threads and you will be just fine. Unsurprisingly, stupid arguments seem to bring out those of the same ilk to debate ad infinitum the lack of merit to both sides of that same stupid argument. Welcome to the new world order and life on the forum.

And it appears to be centered upon his retirement announcement, as they are all in the same day. I think that’s stupid as hell but it’s a far cry from Venecol claims about having to battle the Brady haters. And none come anywhere close to the troll garbage Venecol has been posting in this forum over the past year. At any rate I’m done with this thread, there’s better things to talk about than this sh.t. And all the the trolls, regardless of what they are trolling, can all go f.ck themselves, they are all @ssholes.

The Brady vs Belichick debate is popular with team Brady because they're winning the argument. Team Belichick not so much because they're losing. Brady won a 7th Super Bowl with another head coach (who's not very highly thought of by most), it's created a huge advantage in the debate. If the opposite had happened, Brady flopped in Tampa Bay, and Belichick won a Super Bowl with another quarterback, then the claims of Brady being a system quarterback would have swelled to insufferable proportions.

Obviously it wasn't ever all Brady or all Belichick, there was a collaboration of head coach and quarterback, and then of course the remaining assistant coaches and players were there too. But I also think it's fair (and interesting) to debate who meant more to the success of the team. It doesn't mean anyone is being entirely discounted or rings are taken away, it's just a matter of who was more important (unless you're content just splitting it down the middle). I like the debate and we're only getting more material. Brady is really piling on at this point, he literally has nothing left to prove. On the other hand I think Belichick needs to win another division or make it back to a conference championship at least or to some he's going to look like he needed Brady to win.

At any rate I’m done with this thread, there’s better things to talk about than this sh.t.
Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out.

rofl.gif

This board is populated with a higher percentage of in-the-tank homers than almost any other football forum in the country.
Wasn't referring specifically to negativity about the state of the team (though I still think there is plenty of that going around), but also negativity between posters as well. Whatever side of whatever debate people fall on, just about everyone these days seems quicker to **** on the other side than be happy or passionate about their own.

It's just you (or more accurately, your choice to following the board intently during the off-season). I read lightly until the season starts, which for me is the draft. Otherwise, things we can do nothing about tend to be discussed ad nauseum (because there's nothing else to discuss).

So how do we keep this and other similar threads from showing up at the top of the forum?
The easiest is just to hit the ignore button at the top of the thread, and then it will be gone.

1647894062307.png

I'm on twitter with the dweeb that helped produce Man In the Arena, and he and another guy claim that Belichick was going to be fired in 2001, if not for Brady, and now they're citing Belichick's admission that he was going to be fired. They say Belichick admitted Brady saved his career in 2001.

In 20 years of closely following the Patriots and Belichick, it's the first time I've heard anyone reference that Belichick said that. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Can anyone speak to Belichick saying this?

I'm on twitter with the dweeb that helped produce Man In the Arena, and he and another guy claim that Belichick was going to be fired in 2001, if not for Brady, and now they're citing Belichick's admission that he was going to be fired. They say Belichick admitted Brady saved his career in 2001.

In 20 years of closely following the Patriots and Belichick, it's the first time I've heard anyone reference that Belichick said that. Does this sound familiar to any of you? Can anyone speak to Belichick saying this?
That was a story told by jete special teams coach Mike? Westhoff... Said he heard BB and Herm Edwards talking before the Pats/jete game... That the pats sucked, the team was horrible that bledsoe sucked ass... True or not, no idea

As @Pape said above and Skip Bayles has said he had a friend on the Pats coaching staff in 2001 freaking out thinking they were on the brink of getting fired when they were 0-2 coming off the 5-11 season.

As @Pape said above and Skip Bayles has said he had a friend on the Pats coaching staff in 2001 freaking out thinking they were on the brink of getting fired when they were 0-2 coming off the 5-11 season.
All due respect to these people, I'm not going to believe it for the simple reason that if Belichick were this weak, he never would have gotten to where it is. Extremely hard to believe. But it's not in Patriot Reign?

My enjoyment and participation here has definitely fallen off and I can confidently say that that has little to do with the team's (decreased) level of success. I actually have thoroughly enjoyed and will continue to enjoy watching the rebuild and attempt to once again establish the pats as a consistent contender. For me, I don't think it's the TB vs BB issue as much as it is just the generally high level of negativity across the board.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore