PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the brady vs belichick debate ruining this board or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the main reason for visiting this forum is to expose myself to different opinions. I‘m with FCB02062, we have to be more accepting of the fact that other people see things differently and use that as an opportunity to challenge out own assumptions and learn. I think the more you learn the more you enjoy life!
Exactly. I don't understand the need for people to kill Brady given what the guy did while he was here, despite his decision to move on. That being said, as annoyed as I was about how it ended, it doesn't change the fact that I'm curious and intrigued to see what the future holds given that Brady was closer to the end than any of us want to admit, and that this whole situation was coming eventually. Again, I'm glad they got Mac and that we're less likely to be one of those teams that spends decades looking for a reasonable replacement.

Me thinks @Ian is three "Brady's" away from hitting Team Bill's sh*t list

But what if those opinions include showing hate for fellow posters. Posters should have the right to hate other posters. Isn't hate a form of protected free speach?
It is most definitely their right. I think I've said before that I'd prefer if we avoid that because it does happen far more times than it should on here, unfortunately. I try and limit how often I get involved there because I did spend quite a bit of time improving the ignore feature, so as adults, people do need to make the decision of whether or not they feel like being engaged with that person. Unless it escalates to a point where I do need to get involved, which I'm not a fan of but I think most people know I will if I need to. :maybenot:

Me thinks @Ian is three "Brady's" away from hitting Team Bill's sh*t list
LOL, I think it's weird that there does seem to be an issue with being able to be a fan and support both guys. I'll always root for the laundry head-to-head, but wishing both guys well I don't think is unrealistic. Unless Rex Ryan or somebody like that replaced Arians...then I might have a tougher time with it :cool:

It is most definitely their right. I think I've said before that I'd prefer if we avoid that because it does happen far more times than it should on here, unfortunately. I try and limit how often I get involved there because I did spend quite a bit of time improving the ignore feature, so as adults, people do need to make the decision of whether or not they feel like being engaged with that person. Unless it escalates to a point where I do need to get involved, which I'm not a fan of but I think most people know I will if I need to. :maybenot:
That was my poor try at sarcasm. Point is this really isn't so much about BB vs Brady anymore.

There's a line that's been crossed by those that continue to support Brady (aside from you) that the Team Bill homers just can't let stand. Any comment made by any of the Brady supporters regardless of topic is met with "go hang out in the Brady forum" or "go join the Bucs forum," "you're not a real patsfan." It's become a source of pride to treat Brady supporters like they have a scarlet letter. Frankly, it's both sad and pathetic.

That was my poor try at sarcasm. Point is this really isn't so much about BB vs Brady anymore.

There's a line that's been crossed by those that continue to support Brady (aside from you) that the Team Bill homers just can't let stand. Any comment made by any of the Brady supporters regardless of topic is met with "go hang out in the Brady forum" or "go join the Bucs forum," "you're not a real patsfan." It's become a source of pride to treat Brady supporters like they have a scarlet letter. Frankly, it's both sad and pathetic.
I'm not sure why that is and I do agree with that. I don't think that makes any sense. I've said it before, the Brady forum was just to divide out the Buccaneers news and give people a full forum to be able to discuss anything going on down there vs having it be stuck in a megathread. And I think most people agree that having Bucs news threads in the main forum made following what was going on in New England harder to follow, so that's why I did it.

That being said, if people don't want to follow Brady or the Bucs, don't bother going in that forum. Especially for the sake of disrupting threads. It just makes things more difficult on everybody. But most people who follow Brady and continue to do so rooted hard for him and the team while he was here. Most of us have an emotional tie to the team and it does extend to the players and coaches. Just like I'm pretty sure that there would be people here who would support Bill had he walked away, as well as the fact there will be others, myself included, who will keep an eye on what

Josh does in Vegas. Although, I swear to God, if his team beats New England this year and he pumps his fists again like he did after that game in Denver (which was just ridiculous and not cool at all) - I'll lose it :mad:

You and the other Tommyites spent the last 2 years on the Bucs side of the forum almost exclusively. Then Brady retired, you came back here, and now you are about to go back now that Deus started the 2022 Gronkaneer thread.
Not really. There's only about 1 or 3 posters who are Brady forum exclusively. The rest of us are fairly active here.

He's dominated threads on the main forum too, getting a good number of people to respond to h his crap and dragging threads into the mud. A decent job? Do you admire his trolling?

Every study of internet trolls has found they have serious issues with mental illness, usually related to anti-social behaviors. I just call them @ssholes.

But what if those opinions include showing hate for fellow posters. Posters should have the right to hate other posters. Isn't hate a form of protected free speach?
just set them to ignore. I come into threads and have a hell of a time trying to piece together the conversion when person a says person b made a good point and then person b is ranting at what appears to be person a, but its really an ignored person c

I just don't get it, TBH. I have stated before, it's a Lennon/McCartney type argument. Good separately, greater together. Both were here. We should celebrate them both, but that's just me.

if anything is "ruining" this forum it's the oversensitive people who go nutty when someone posts something they don't agree with - be it in the Patriots forum or in one of the other forms. it's pretty ridiculous when some people act like you've stolen their puppy if you criticize Belichick or criticize the "accepted" political or social narrative.

Poor baby, always the victim.

And once again Venecol has absolutely nothing to show for his valiant stance of standing up to the non existent Brady Bashers. Fighting the brave fight against non existent foes.

LOL, I think it's weird that there does seem to be an issue with being able to be a fan and support both guys. I'll always root for the laundry head-to-head, but wishing both guys well I don't think is unrealistic. Unless Rex Ryan or somebody like that replaced Arians...then I might have a tougher time with it :cool:
I think most fans hold that position so it isn't weird.

This was proven by the fact that Brady got a tremendous standing ovation on his return to Foxboro, but the moment the game started most started to cheer for the Pats and booed the Bucs.

Josh does in Vegas. Although, I swear to God, if his team beats New England this year and he pumps his fists again like he did after that game in Denver (which was just ridiculous and not cool at all) - I'll lose it :mad:
Yup. Not cool at all. Looked like a total clown. I read he also did a victory lap around the stadium. :confused:

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I'm not sure why that is and I do agree with that. I don't think that makes any sense. I've said it before, the Brady forum was just to divide out the Buccaneers news and give people a full forum to be able to discuss anything going on down there vs having it be stuck in a megathread. And I think most people agree that having Bucs news threads in the main forum made following what was going on in New England harder to follow, so that's why I did it.

That being said, if people don't want to follow Brady or the Bucs, don't bother going in that forum. Especially for the sake of disrupting threads. It just makes things more difficult on everybody. But most people who follow Brady and continue to do so rooted hard for him and the team while he was here. Most of us have an emotional tie to the team and it does extend to the players and coaches. Just like I'm pretty sure that there would be people here who would support Bill had he walked away, as well as the fact there will be others, myself included, who will keep an eye on what

Josh McD gets a very short leash IMO at my house. I'm not interested in watching him sign Patriot players and making the Raiders a version of Las Foxboro. I wish the guy success but not at the expense of the Pats. They will likely be looking for the same playoff spot. Every loss they get will be a good one as far as I am concerned.
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

And once again Venecol has absolutely nothing to show for his valiant stance of standing up to the non existent Brady Bashers. Fighting the brave fight against non existent foes.
It's not Brady bashers' but instead Bill worshipers that have made the board unbearable at times.

Despite Bill's success it does not put him above reproach and criticism.

When he makes a bad draft pick, makes a bad player personnel decision, like benching Butler, and other decisions, the Bill worshipers come out with vitriol denying discussion by stating he is GOAT like its a mic drop.

Bad decisions deserve to be acknowledged as such. Discussing whether a decision was bad is also acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes