PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm seeing people saying last night (Rams-Chiefs) was an awesome game. It sucked

But they aren’t 2 of the best offenses of all time, they are 2 of the most productive because they happen to be 2 of the best now, when the rules heavily favor offense.
There are many past offenses that would be way better than these 2 if they played under these rules.
It’s not one game that’s the issue it’s a trend toward handicapping defenses that keeps getting worse and last night was just an example.

Right on.
If this years rules went all the way back, brady would probably have ten rings and a million yards passing

The difference is the pats methodically move the ball down the field, not many explosive plays. Watching a game where both teams just chuck it up to open receivers 30-40 yards down field is not entertaining....IMO

In 2007, the Patriots did a lot of chucking it to open receivers 30-40 yards downfield, and it was entertaining as all get out, to me. But it was being done by an offense playing like a well-oiled machine, and against opponents who could still play some amount of defense. What we saw last night was a lot more like a chuck-and-duck sort of kids sandlot game, where the defensive players are about 2-3 years younger than the players on offense, and the QBs are really just looking to heave the ball as far as they can downfield instead of moving the chains.

The NFL has one foot off the same cliff the NBA fell off of in the early 2000's, if they don't start reversing at least some of the rules that have severely hampered the defenses from playing actual defense, they will take the plunge.

Last night was pathetic!

Yeah, I mean a defense would have intercepted the ball a couple of times and forced a fumble at least once. Oh, wait.

Even a blind squirrel finds a......

When playing football in my school says my preference was playing defense because I could TACKLE people and push them around. I can't imagine what it's like these days for defenders having their hands tied by crap rules changes. Must be frustrating as hell. All because of fantasy football.

How about the penalty against the KC defender in the 1st or 2nd drive for hitting a defenseless receiver that gave LA a new set of downs in the red zone? That was a great, clean defensive play.

Then there was the head to head call later that was actually initiated by the RB but was called on the defender?

The worst calls of all though are the lack of PI calls on the offense, whether it's the WR pushing off or the pick plays. There's no possible way to defend those.

If I were a potential NYFL player I'd try to play offense. It's too frustrating to play defense now.

You think the rule changes were made for fantasy football o_O

When NYFL owners are investing heavily in fantasy leagues then that's a legitimate question.

No, we most certainly can not put into perspective that this was one game. Here are some finals from this year:

48-40
42-37
43-37
45-42
43-40
45-35
52-21
51-14
54-51

OK, sure.... if you want to call 54-51 an outlier, fine. But then you can't call all those other games outliers too.
Like shootouts like these haven’t happened every year? That 51-48 Broncos Cowboys game in 2013 ring a bell?

The Pats lost the SB 17-14, and it took a miracle to hit 17. Their defense was very good (although aging).

That was the worst part of Brady going down in 2008. That was probably the last year of their very good defense.

How about the penalty against the KC defender in the 1st or 2nd drive for hitting a defenseless receiver that gave LA a new set of downs in the red zone? That was a great, clean defensive play.

Then there was the head to head call later that was actually initiated by the RB but was called on the defender?

The worst calls of all though are the lack of PI calls on the offense, whether it's the WR pushing off or the pick plays. There's no possible way to defend those.

If I were a potential NYFL player I'd try to play offense. It's too frustrating to play defense now.

I was wondering about those calls. It was supposed to be the best refs but they were tragically bad. Like Greek tragedy type bad

do you need to watch the old narcos to follow this?
There are a couple of episodes where the episode history enriches the Narcos Mexico episode in question but not really.

I’d still like to see if mannequins would have similar defensive stats

Right on.
If this years rules went all the way back, brady would probably have ten rings and a million yards passing

Nah

Brady lost three within these rules

AND Brady BENEFITTED from the rules before they hand cuffed defenses

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back