PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm on Team Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Did Jarrett Stidham’s First Preseason Tell Patriots About Young QB?

But Stidham also impressed in last year’s preseason. Exhibition numbers usually are taken with a grain of salt, but let’s quickly see how Stidham’s preseason stats stack up to Patriots potential successors of the past as rookies:

- Stidham: 61-90, 731 yards, four touchdowns, one interception, 8.1 yards per attempt, 102.6 passer rating
- Etling: 20-of-38, 178 yards, one touchdown, two interceptions, 4.7 yards per attempt, 52.3 passer rating
- Brissett: 38-56, 387 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions, 6.9 yards per attempt, 93.4 passer rating
- Garoppolo: 46-79, 618 yards, five touchdowns, one interception, 7.8 yards per attempt, 99 passer rating
- Mallett: 38-63, 357 yards, one touchdown, one interception, 5.7 yards per attempt, 72 passer rating
- Hoyer: 29-44, 354 yards, one touchdown, no interceptions, 8 yards per attempt, 98.1 passer rating

The year that Cassel went 10-5, his preseason stats had this board almost universally calling for his head.

Preseason stats mean pretty much nothing, particularly when used without context.

Stidham might blow or maybe he surprises and is as good as a first year Dak or plays close to what Cousins has turned into. Both were middle of the draft players that have played well enough in spots. Seems odd that BB would leave the team in this situation if he did not feel at least decent about Stidham. If Stidham can be solid, Andrews is healthy and the OL opens some holes for the running game there is no reason this team cannot contend for the division.

And Jimmy, had an awful 4Q in the SB when the game was on the line. Brady has been to 8 and never had a 4Q like that
Well, in SB 46 Tom did go 6-14 w/ a sack and INT in the 4th qtr.:p

Should have been 7-14 and won but that's besides the point.

Patriots getting a Bye.
Im not thinking that far ahead, I thought you meant your leaving for tampa bay. Don't take it the wrong way, from what I remember I like your posts.

Im not thinking that far ahead, I thought you meant your leaving for tampa bay. Don't take it the wrong way, from what I remember I like your posts.

Ha! No, I knew my post would get people riled up. I’m just angry about the Brady situation, but I’ll get over it.

Ha! No, I knew my post would get people riled up. I’m just angry about the Brady situation, but I’ll get over it.
The only one I can say I've read recently is the one I quoted.

Stid the Kid looks to have raw talen . Like his velocity and he can sling it. Cant wait to see him after he gets more experience.

The year that Cassel went 10-5, his preseason stats had this board almost universally calling for his head.

Preseason stats mean pretty much nothing, particularly when used without context.

There is value in every practice and game snap. Evaluating players on performance in practice and preseason is not a meaningless charade unless your...you get the idea.

I didn't read the whole thread. From what I've read I couldn't figure out if folks expect Stidham to win, or whether they are on Team Stidham as the best way to get a high draft choice.

Yes, it is possible that Bill has settled on Stidham as the most likely future. Even if that were true, we need a better backup than Kessler. Even if that were true, there is no reason to believe that Bill is ready to throw him to the wolves without a bridge.

Finally, even if Stidham is the present as well as the future, I would STRONGLY favor drafting a Plan B to compete with Stidham in 2021. After all, we will need to have a starter and a backup in 2021, after a transition year in 2020.

So, for me, I would favor carrying 3 quarterbacks. Stidham, a draftee, and a veteran. the quality of veteran depends on how highly Belichick values Stidham. The last time that we were in close to this situation, we carried 4 quarterbacks. That seems to work out.

Glad at least one person on this board is supportive on Stidham.
Most are crying around like little girls and putting out some weird and annoying conspiracy theories why Brady left.
count me as an optimistic Stidman supporter. I believe bb and josh will get the best from him.

Stidham might blow or maybe he surprises and is as good as a first year Dak or plays close to what Cousins has turned into. Both were middle of the draft players that have played well enough in spots. Seems odd that BB would leave the team in this situation if he did not feel at least decent about Stidham. If Stidham can be solid, Andrews is healthy and the OL opens some holes for the running game there is no reason this team cannot contend for the division.

There are a lot of reasons this team won't contend for the division.

LOL at so many people in denial here. This will feel just like 93 and 95 folks.. get ready for 5-6 wins. Belichick can’t make the playoffs with this poor a QB, weak WRs, a first round bust RB, no TE, and an average O Line. Too many years drafting so poorly on offense.

sell and rebuild! We’ll be fine in a few years. I look forward to better years down the road. Stidham is NOT a franchise QB, and I’ll bet anyone on that.

This franchise will become good again when we can find a good QB.

LOL at so many people in denial here. This will feel just like 93 and 95 folks.. get ready for 5-6 wins. Belichick can’t make the playoffs with this poor a QB, weak WRs, a first round bust RB, no TE, and an average O Line. Too many years drafting so poorly on offense.

sell and rebuild! We’ll be fine in a few years. I look forward to better years down the road. Stidham is NOT a franchise QB, and I’ll bet anyone on that.

This franchise will become good again when we can find a good QB.
what are you the QB whisperer? how do you know what Stidham is? he hasn't played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes