Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Why not trade for Paxton Lynch?
Keenum is the guy there he could play for 10 more seasons.
Lynch is not the guy there still has upside is very unoroven but is as gifted as any QB coming out over the next few seasons.
I would offer Dwayne Allen and Mike Gilleslie for Paxton Lynch.
#HOYER cant win us games as QB 2

You honestly think that Denver is going to hand deliver a first round QB to Bill Belichick for freaking Dwayne Allen and Mike Gilleslee? Why on earth would they do that?

Case Keenum is a nice bridge QB, but I’m not sure why they’d give up on Lynch already, especially for 1-2 players who may be cut.

Lynch is not the guy there still has upside is very unoroven but is as gifted as any QB coming out over the next few seasons.

Hoyer was never the QB of record in New England. However, in his travels across the league, he's 16-21 while playing almost exclusively on garbage teams. So the notion that he can't win games is obviously not correct.

Lynch, meanwhile, is 1-3 even while playing on a good team.

Ray Lewis killed a guy (probably 2)

As mentioned in another thread you couldn't trade Dwayne Allen for a bag of Potato Chips ....enough with trying to dump dead weight,GMs aren't dumb (other than the Jets)

Manziel is saying all the right things and doing the right things since joining the CFL

if he is able to go a full year without showing that all this is just a really good publicist screaming "DONT **** UP" behind the scenes AND he shows off some skill in the CFL

I say bring him on for next camp.

You honestly think that Denver is going to hand deliver a first round QB to Bill Belichick for freaking Dwayne Allen and Mike Gilleslee? Why on earth would they do that?

Case Keenum is a nice bridge QB, but I’m not sure why they’d give up on Lynch already, especially for 1-2 players who may be cut.
Sorry, @ChrisR2223, when re-reading my response it comes off a bit arrogant. The bottom line is that I’m not too sure that 1) Denver would part with Lynch for the offer that is proposed, and 2) that any QB brought in would be an improvement over Hoyer, whose knowledge of the system is likely going to give him a leg up on a lot of other prospects.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a guy like Lynch in a developmental role. I think an argument can be made for most of those former 1st-3rd round QBs who haven’t panned out on other teams.

I have seen zero evidence that Paxton Lynch can do any professional football quarterback stuff that does not involve holding a clipboard and wearing a backwards cap. He is brutal.

Anderson who left the Broncos is far better than Gillislee. They obviously wanted to refresh their RBs corp and give a chance to the younger. Additionally they grabbed Royce Freemen via draft to compete with Booker and Henderson. I think Gillislee would be completely redundant.
Of course Lynch for us would be a nice backup but from the Broncos point of view offering him for assets like Gillisllee is ridiculous.

Don't bogart that joint!

I think that we are ignoring the main point of the OP. Obviously, he got the compensation wrong in his suggestion.

IMHO, we need a developmental quarterback who has a chance of eventually starting. And yes, that QB may or may not be better than Hoyer right now. Carrying a 3rd QB is a worthwhile investment [we often carry a developmental player or two on the 53 man roster].

I'll re-state the position. Belichick should consider acquiring a developmental quarterback, hopefully one with talent who might work out with better coaching. Belichick should use what resources it takes, taking value into consideration. To be clear, we likely would have traded a 2019 2nd or 3rd for a reasonable prospect before, during and right after the draft, so that would be reasonable now.

Of course Lynch for us would be a nice backup but from the Broncos point of view offering him for assets like Gillisllee is ridiculous.

Hoyer was never the QB of record in New England. However, in his travels across the league, he's 16-21 while playing almost exclusively on garbage teams. So the notion that he can't win games is obviously not correct.

Hoyer is probably the second best back up QB in the league, given his experience actually playing NFL football games and consistently being mistaken as a starter.

(I don't want to see him with a football in his hands on a Sunday though)

Call me crazy but I hope Etling is a quick study
He won’t be. He played with a lot of talent in college and the coaching staff still had to restrict the playbook due to his weaknesses. His best shot is on the Practice Squad. It’s Hoyer’s job to lose until the team makes a move otherwise.

Anderson who left the Broncos is far better than Gillislee. They obviously wanted to refresh their RBs corp and give a chance to the younger. Additionally they grabbed Royce Freemen via draft to compete with Booker and Henderson. I think Gillislee would be completely redundant.
Allen is a great blocking tight end which really can assist in Denvers run game and Gilleslie is a vet with something to prove.
Hell throw Rowe or a 4th round pick to get it done.
But this is the kind of move the Patriots love.
First off what QB has the Broncos current coaching staff even close develop?
Im sorry I trust Belichick and Mcdaniels to develop a promising QB more than the clownshow over there.
Now as far as risk its minimal plus your shaving cap off of the Allen and Gill moves Denver gets some possible valuable role players and a mid round pick.
Mcdaniels gets a new toy to develop while Brady saves us from practice straws and talks about how close he is to retiring and how much of a mistake it was to trade Grap for a case of natty ice and buffallo wild wings.

Ehhhh the Texans have been a pretty talented team, their issue for the last couple years was almost exclusively bad QB play holding them back.

Wishful thinking. Etling is a fringe talent at best that you hope everyone ends up being wrong about.
Same could of been said about alot of QBs
Mark Bulger
Kurt Warner
Mark Brunnell
Case Kennum
These are guys who didn't light up the college world but once they got in the pros got good coaching and better work ethic study habits seized the moment the book isn't closed on Danny Etling.
Preseason will be interesting and if we sign another QB in training camp and he takes his reps then we have our answer.

Mark Bulger
Kurt Warner
Mark Brunnell
Case Kennum
These are guys who didn't light up the college world but once they got in the pros got good coaching and better work ethic study habits seized the moment the book isn't closed on Danny Etling.
Preseason will be interesting and if we sign another QB in training camp and he takes his reps then we have our answer.
Keemun absolutely lit it up in college but was considered a poor prospect.

Mark Bulger
Kurt Warner
Mark Brunnell
Case Kennum
Kurt Warner is the exception not the rule. Warner was a guy who was never given much fo an opportunity and when he did he looked good in college. People saw potential in him. He tried out for the Packers and at that age couldn't beat all time great Brett Favre and then a very competent QB in Brunnell. Therefore he proved himself in other leagues before he got his chance. When Warner was in college and finally got his shot he was recognized, in Arena football he was largely recognized as the best QB they had at the time. He led the league in TD's and yards in NFL Europe.

Etling's had chances to show what he could do and just doesn't pass the smell test. He's not Kurt Warner

And quite frankly most of your list showed much more early promise than Etling. Keenum was also a stud in college. Brunell also looked really good when he played in college and an injury screwed up his trajectory and eventually he lost his starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back