Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Go screw yourself.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Ray Lewis Killed a guy

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not like Lynch predraft and I like him even less post draft. Also Hoyer had a winning record as starter with Houston and with Cleveland so I would dispute that we cannot win games with him.
Lynch is working with Tom House I would be on tbe phone with House if I was any team looking for a potential franchise QB before I'd waste a top 5 pick with the resources It would take to get there.
I would love to see a Franchise QB obtained thru a mid level trade especially when it would drive Elway nuts to see it.

Lynch is working with Tom House I would be on tbe phone with House if I was any team looking for a potential franchise QB before I'd waste a top 5 pick with the resources It would take to get there.
I would love to see a Franchise QB obtained thru a mid level trade especially when it would drive Elway nuts to see it.
I don’t know if Lynch is the guy or not, but I agree with your line of thinking in attempting a reclamation project for reasonable cost.

Problem is you have it wrong. Lynch asked for Brady in a trade an B.B. laughed in his face and gave him jimmy

No one knows what was said or transpired from the Patriot's braintrust. We read things that were in print (49er's comments) or from a source (the aunt's hairdresser son's friend) and try to connect the dots. We use it if it fits into our point of view. But honestly, we don't have a clue.

No one knows what was said or transpired from the Patriot's braintrust. We read things that were in print (49er's comments) or from a source (the aunt's hairdresser son's friend) and try to connect the dots. We use it if it fits into our point of view. But honestly, we don't have a clue.
Of course we do. John lynch is on record saying he called Belichick and asked for Brady and Belichick told him he was crazy.

Of course we do. John lynch is on record saying he called Belichick and asked for Brady and Belichick told him he was crazy.
He's on record according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports. You will reply defending your perspective. We should "Follow You" since you have insider information.

He's on record according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports. You will reply defending your perspective. We should "Follow You" since you have insider information.
I have Lynch’s words.
What do you have?

Oh and I have krafts and Belichicks too.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can we even "know" anything. What if, like, all sensory perception is just an illusion, maaan

Hackenberg is trash. Which is disappointing as someone who follows PSU Football

If only there was an athletic former starter out there who the Pats could bring in to workout and see if they could develop him. Any ideas?

I really don't think we do. We've got at least 2 more years to not really worry about replacing Brady. And we are fully committed to Brady over the next 2 years, make no mistake. Wasting resources on a developmental guy right now doesn't make a ton of sense.

Make no mistake, we're all in on Brady until he's either done or living in denial. While he continues to carry the team is no time to think about this stuff.

1: Tom Brady is healthy
2: Tom Brady is one of the best QB's that ever lived

there's no reason to think about replacing him until at least one of those things change. Does that mean we risk a lost year somewhere down the line if Brady goes down in midseason? Yes, but we risk that anyway. Every team does. Very few teams actually survive the loss of their starting QB. This does not put us in a uniquely dangerous position, until there's a specific reason to worry about TB12's health, and there just isn't right now.

So sit down, relax, and enjoy the show, there's probably absolutely nothing to worry about.

Probably.

So, you re saying that when should think about this issue when Brady is ready to go.

I suspect that Belichick tends to agree. Unless he can get one of the very few in the draft who he sees as a franchise QB (and trade 3 firsts or the equivalents), he will simply wait, as you suggest, pay $20M-$25M a year for a bridge and deal with the issue then.

I really don't think we do. We've got at least 2 more years to not really worry about replacing Brady. And we are fully committed to Brady over the next 2 years, make no mistake. Wasting resources on a developmental guy right now doesn't make a ton of sense.

Make no mistake, we're all in on Brady until he's either done or living in denial. While he continues to carry the team is no time to think about this stuff.

1: Tom Brady is healthy
2: Tom Brady is one of the best QB's that ever lived

there's no reason to think about replacing him until at least one of those things change. Does that mean we risk a lost year somewhere down the line if Brady goes down in midseason? Yes, but we risk that anyway. Every team does. Very few teams actually survive the loss of their starting QB. This does not put us in a uniquely dangerous position, until there's a specific reason to worry about TB12's health, and there just isn't right now.

So sit down, relax, and enjoy the show, there's probably absolutely nothing to worry about.

Probably.

Hoyer is emergency only. He chokes.He had Cleveland 7-4 playing for first place and self destructed. He had Houston in the playoffs and threw, I believe it was five interceptions. They were terrible interceptions. He is not a viable starter.

I agree that Hoyer should only be used in emergencies, but I don't get the rest of your post.

Sure, Cleveland was 7-4 under Hoyer, then lost a bunch of games. But if you actually look at the season, it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

During the first 11 games, they played some terrible teams. They had impressive division wins over Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. But they also beat the 2-14 Titans and 3-13 Raiders, as well as the 2-14 Bucs, which was one of their 3 wins against the weak NFC South, the worst division that year, where the division "winner" only won 7 games.

Then they closed the season losing 5 straight games to the 9-7 Bills, 11-5 division-winning Colts, the wildcard 10-5-1 Bengals, the hot Panthers who won their last 4 games to claim the weak NFC South, and the wildcard 10-6 Ravens.

TLDR, they won 2 division games, and their remaining 5 wins were against teams with losing records, including 3 teams that would pick in the top 4 of the NFL Draft (the 4th, the Jacksonville Jaguars, actually beat the Browns). Then they lost their last 5 games which included 4 playoff teams and another with a winning record. Hardly Hoyer's fault.

The Texans weren't good with him, but they weren't good without him either. They went 5-4 with him, 4-3 without him, so it's hard to put him at fault for their struggles. They went 9-7 the year before as well with Fitzpatrick. And they went 9-7 the year after him with Osweiler. So maybe it wasn't his fault entirely.

He had a bad playoff game, absolutely. We remember that and it tends to make us remember him differently. But he's fine for what he is, a decent fill-in veteran option who has won games in multiple stops beforehand. I hope we never see him play a snap for us, but it's not the end of the world if we need him for a spot start somewhere.

That was according to John Lynch, not Jay Glazer.
I get why people wanted Garrapolo to inherit the job but the reality is that Belichick has the best player in football this season, the last two seasons, the last three seasons, the last four seasons, and the last five seasons. I don’t believe anyone can make an argument that any player has outperformed Brady in any of those periods. Players have had better individual seasons in a few of them, but no one holds up for the duration. And in all likelihood he will be a top 5 player, minimum, this season. Belichick was never going to trade him, period. It’s not sentiment, it’s performance based.

I think there are depth QB’s around the league that the Patriots believe have more potential than what they could have drafted this year, so they stood pat. That doesn’t mean it will answer the issue of succession but it may explain why they didn’t draft one high. Regardless of who they draft it is pretty much fantasy to believe the Patriots will continue this run of success when the Belichick/Brady era ends. It doesn’t get better than this, enjoy what’s left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back