PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

I am thinking he’s getting a lot of vet min contract offers and trying desperately to salvage the money and save face.

I am thinking he’s getting a lot of vet min contract offers and trying desperately to salvage the money and save face.

That's my guess. Also he wants #1 targets. Not many teams are going to sign a guy midway through season and make him the #1 receiver. Also not a given he will get the playbook right away.

Or..... He has picked a team and they don't want to announce the deal until after the team plays his previous team

200.gif
Or they want to announce as late as possible on Friday that he will be playing against his old team on Sunday?

I think it's more this is a important decision and the first time he can control his own destination.
Have to due your due diligence because this isn't a trade or a draft and OBJ with 3 great years more could still make a push for the hall of fame especially with a few ships to add to his resume.
Have to pick the right destination.
The fact he is speaking with Cam can't be great for us

I think it's more this is a important decision and the first time he can control his own destination.
Have to due your due diligence because this isn't a trade or a draft and OBJ with 3 great years more could still make a push for the hall of fame especially with a few ships to add to his resume.
Have to pick the right destination.
The fact he is speaking with Cam can't be great for us
Yes, that report he was talking to Cam and other ex-Pats made me think he is really doing his due diligence. Wonder if he’s been watching a lot of film? If so I hope he‘s been watching Mac from early in the season, not the last couple of weeks!

I have no inside info on OBJ's shard fetish.

What I can offer is some wisdom from Confucius:

He who goes to sleep with itchy arse hole wakes up with stinky finger.

I do get the sense that Bill pitched him a ballpark offer but Odell is testing the market a little bit. He just turned 29 and should still have a few pretty good years left. NE has a really solid overall core already and could commit to him past this year if they wanted to. If Bill thinks this team is ready to compete for a title by next year, grabbing a potential #1 WR reclamation project makes a lot of sense. A lot of teams will want him on a half-year minimum value prove-it deal, but maybe NE will actually want to commit past this year?

I mean, I get adding talent should make our offense better. However, is this really the dude you want while you're grooming a rookie?

I'm gonna say pass, even if the idea of OBJ is interesting, at a decent salary. Always should be looking to improve the roster, but this signing just has Ochocinco written all over it.

Given the offset, what exactly is there to negotiate about? If you pay him more than the minimum, doesn't it just come off what he is guaranteed to collect from the Browns? I suppose you could offer him something for next year too, but hard to see many teams willing to do that. If he does well he can get a better offer elsewhere; if he does badly then you don't want him.

I get the sense the Chiefs already have a locker room of talented, underproducing players with finger pointing, me first culture, counting up targets, etc.

deleted. Tweet already posted

I’ve wanted him to sign here but if this is true, f*ck this guy. He has been planning his exit for a while now and has known for at least a week that he was for sure going to be moving on from Cleveland so he has had more than enough time to do his research potential options for his next team.

He should want to get started with his next team as soon as possible, start engrossing himself in the playbook and try to learn enough players that he could potentially contribute this coming weekend. Instead he is dragging out his decision, either to squeeze more money out of a team or stay trending on Twitter as long as possible.

This trend of twitter burner accounts pretending they’re a legit NFL news sources looks like fun. Time to start some rumors. :D

On one hand other than moss has the diva receiver worked out?

On the other he would improve our offense. Just by the fact teams have to account for him. Meaning Agholor and Meyers have better matchups.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back