PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

He will make his decision in a few days
Which means we are out. That is not how Bill does deals
That makes my night.
That's lame. It's not like OBJ would become a major contributor on Sunday if he signed today.

I just read that Green Bay plays Cleveland Christmas Eve.
I think that's his move.

I am actually a bit of a grammar nazi with this one too, but I wasn't trying to say "corps" in this case, I was referring to the "core" of the team overall, as in the foundational pieces. Wasn't trying to refer to the WR corps specifically, etc.
Ah. I misread that as well.

He will make his decision in a few days
Which means we are out. That is not how Bill does deals
That makes my night.
He'd be out Sunday anyways. I see him making a decision by Friday.

Ok, then. This is more like it. Riddick is legit and is tight with Bill and Josh. From what I recall, a few years ago he was going to be a candidate for GM if JMD got a head coaching job.

Ok, then. This is more like it. Riddick is legit and is tight with Bill and Josh. From what I recall, a few years ago he was going to be a candidate for GM if JMD got a head coaching job.

Curious tweet coming later in the day after lots of reports coming in that GB and NO we’re the favorites

This is the most interesting tweet yet. Don’t know why he would tweet this for no reason

He'd be out Sunday anyways. I see him making a decision by Friday.

He has to be on a roster by Saturday to get paid for this week, so he will sign somewhere most likely today.

Let’s just see all these tweets/rumors in totality.

There’s basically a small market for OBJ. A handful of contending teams would love to kick the tires and maybe even pay him a few million, but no one’s going to offer him a 2 year, $25M deal or anything. If the Patriots really thought this was their chance for an all-pro WR, they’d undoubtedly close the deal. I think most teams view OBJ as a somewhat of a JAG wide receiver. 29 years old and not explosive. Like to have him, but he’s realy not such a huge upgrade over their current WR2/WR3. Otherwise a contender would pony up and this would be over.
Im not sure your point. If Odell was thought to still be an all-pro WR would he be available at all?

How much did one of the greatest ever, Randy Moss fetch when the Pats traded for him? Was there still something left in his tank?

Maybe Odell is a JAG, but this time of year with the available cap numbers around, anyone cut by a contender would be suspect.

He passed through waivers for 7 million. Why would anyone want to tie him up for 2/25 unless there was some cap incentive?

I'm hearing from my guys that Beckham is about to re-sign with the Browns. This was all a rouse to get the Patriots to avoid gameplanning for him. Chess/Checkers.

That's lame. It's not like OBJ would become a major contributor on Sunday if he signed today.
How do you know he would become a major contributor. He is lucky he can write his name never mind figure out our offense

This team's a favorite, that team's a favorite! He's signing here! He's signing there!

This is Beckham and company giving him what he most wants: attention. Does that really fit the Patriots way of doing things?

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing, honestly. He's got - or had, who knows? - the talent to make a big difference. Not so sure about the temperament.

This team's a favorite, that team's a favorite! He's signing here! He's signing there!

This is Beckham and company giving him what he most wants: attention. Does that really fit the Patriots way of doing things?

I'm ambivalent about the whole thing, honestly. He's got - or had, who knows? - the talent to make a big difference. Not so sure about the temperament.
He has already agreed to a deal. Everything else is noise.

So Chris Curtis and Wiggins on twitter are pretty much saying Nink said the deal is done. Anyone else see this?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back