PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

I do get the sense that Bill pitched him a ballpark offer but Odell is testing the market a little bit. He just turned 29 and should still have a few pretty good years left. NE has a really solid overall core

Corps.

Let’s just see all these tweets/rumors in totality.

There’s basically a small market for OBJ. A handful of contending teams would love to kick the tires and maybe even pay him a few million, but no one’s going to offer him a 2 year, $25M deal or anything. If the Patriots really thought this was their chance for an all-pro WR, they’d undoubtedly close the deal. I think most teams view OBJ as a somewhat of a JAG wide receiver. 29 years old and not explosive. Like to have him, but he’s realy not such a huge upgrade over their current WR2/WR3. Otherwise a contender would pony up and this would be over.

I’ve wanted him to sign here but if this is true, f*ck this guy.

Yes. Everyone dazzled by this dope's alleged talents will realize sooner or later that he is foremost about himself and not whatever team he's attached to. Here's hoping he becomes someone else's headache.

Why would OBJ fly to an Air Force Base?
Privacy from people like us. Private charter flight. Other words using P-R-I-V.

It's actually not that weird as a ton of upper crust types use civilian Hanscom Field given there is no longer AF aircraft assigned there as a Materiel base without a combat mission.

Last edited:
Yea but Bill ain't throwing the ball. Idk, if he were a defensive player maybe Bill's pull would be stronger. Whatever, getting tired of all the speculation.

There have been like a zillion reports the Patriots are interested. Of course they are. And good for Bill. Even if they don’t land him, they were clearly aggressive. What’s funny is if they don’t sign him, how so many will turn around and claim all these reports are total bunk, they never had any interest whatsoever (they’ll find some tool like Lombardi to claim this), and they were just smirking and driving up the price $1.29. All part of the master plan.

I think we take a significant cap penalty cutting Agholor not just this year but also next year.
WHAT? I just kicked Agholor to the curb in Fantasy and nothing happened! I was able to get Hill, and OBJ, and Hopkins and....

He will make his decision in a few days
Which means we are out. That is not how Bill does deals
That makes my night.

He will make his decision in a few days
Which means we are out. That is not how Bill does deals
That makes my night.

Yea I think he's not coming to NE at this point.

I do get the sense that Bill pitched him a ballpark offer but Odell is testing the market a little bit. He just turned 29 and should still have a few pretty good years left. NE has a really solid overall core already and could commit to him past this year if they wanted to. If Bill thinks this team is ready to compete for a title by next year, grabbing a potential #1 WR reclamation project makes a lot of sense. A lot of teams will want him on a half-year minimum value prove-it deal, but maybe NE will actually want to commit past this year?

Both.

NE has a really solid core for their WR corps.

damn vocabulary Nazis.

I am actually a bit of a grammar nazi with this one too, but I wasn't trying to say "corps" in this case, I was referring to the "core" of the team overall, as in the foundational pieces. Wasn't trying to refer to the WR corps specifically, etc.

What about that conniving b!tch Wes Welker? :whistle: :p

Or the terminally lazy Julian "Screw Teamwork Gimme The Ball And More Money" Edelman.

So seems like I was mistaken about salary not being an issue because of the offset:

So maybe he is balancing cash vs where he most wants to be, or maybe he's already decided but he's basically still pretending to be undecided so as to up his pay.

I'm not reading anymore tweets until GT Bobby Thompson weighs in again

So seems like I was mistaken about salary not being an issue because of the offset:

So maybe he is balancing cash vs where he most wants to be, or maybe he's already decided but he's basically still pretending to be undecided so as to up his pay.

This changes the equation.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back