PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Can someone explain this to me? Every article says that OBJ wants to play with an elite QB. But then says saints are in the running.

In what way is Trevor Simeon an elite QB?

Saints are reportedly offering more and it’s his hometown.

Can someone explain this to me? Every article says that OBJ wants to play with an elite QB. But then says saints are in the running.

Is this a serious question?

Can someone fill this guy in on the great Trevor Simeon?

This message was brought to you in part by sarcasm.

I think a lot of what's floating around there is speculation based on indirect sources. Beckham's camp has never said what his priorities are directly, so wanting to play with an elite QB and/or wanting to play for the Saints could be inaccurate.

Kinda hard to parse what Breer is saying, the money matters, but the money doesn't matter.

The way I read it, ODB is gonna see what the market offers, the termination pay is between him and CLE.

The teams will try to get him to take less because of the compensation pay, which is why his agents try so hard to make it seem like there is a market for him.

This doesn't really jive with the previous money post.

Kinda hard to parse what Breer is saying, the money matters, but the money doesn't matter.

The way I read it, ODB is gonna see what the market offers, the termination pay is between him and CLE.

The teams will try to get him to take less because of the compensation pay, which is why his agents try so hard to make it seem like there is a market for him.

This doesn't really jive with the previous money post.

Seems the termination pay may not be on the whole $4.25m which is why hes trying to grab every penny off the floor?

Can we offer him a big year 2?

Pats have no incentive to give him a 2nd year deal. What if it doesn't work out? Likewise, why would Odell not want to cash out after this season as a FA?

Pats have no incentive to give him a 2nd year deal. What if it doesn't work out? Likewise, why would Odell not want to cash out after this season as a FA?
I’m guessing he wants a fresh bite at the FA apple again this off season. Doubt he wants to sign a multi year deal now.

I’m guessing he wants a fresh bite at the FA apple again this off season. Doubt he wants to sign a multi year deal now.
Somewhat agree. I think he may be willing to add on a second year. I’m not sure half a season of success will convince a lot of teams to take a flyer on a multi-year mega-deal. A year and a half of success would definitely accomplish that though.

He gave Agholor a second year.

"Some" == "ODB's agent"...

Negotiation tactic. He wants one of these teams to pay as much as they can.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back