PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How worried would you be to face the New Orleans Saints in the Superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we had Edelman, Hightower, Cannon it would be a wrap. no team would stand a chance this season

Given two weeks to prepare by BB and his brain trust not sure too many teams would make me worry all that much...

They’re a threat, as are most teams in the playoffs. However, they’ve lost S Vaccaro, LB AJ Klein, EDGE Alex Okafor, RT Zach Strief, LB Ellerbe, DT Nick Fairley, CB Delvin Breaux, TE Coby Fleener among others. Vaccaro (although, S Marcus Williams has been outstanding for a rookie) & Okafor are huge pieces defensively for them. Also, they have NO answer for Gronk (but who does? :rolleyes:). Lastly, anymore injuries to their OL & they aren’t the same squad; given their reliance on the run game this year. IMO If we limit AK-MI, we win the game.

Last edited:
so would Keenum worry you for the punt at 24-27 , when you made a FG to be up front winning or would Brees with 3 minutes left ?

For that particular scenario? I'd be more worried about Brees. Move the time remaining to less than 2 minutes, which takes most of the running game out of the scenario, and I'd be a lot more worried about Brees. But, for an entire game, and looking at the entire teams, I'd be more worried about the Vikings, because of their defense matching up against Brady & Co..

I don’t actually “worry” about any Patriots opponent. I have no control over who we play and since I only watch the game, I don’t care who we get.

After 7 super bowl appearances and 5 trophies since 2001, I don’t sweat over much any longer regarding our Patriots.

On another note, “If” we’re going to lose, I don’t know if I’d prefer to make it to the SB and lose or if I’d rather we lose in a playoff game.

Of course I’m hoping for #6, but if we don’t get it won’t be life-changing

Well just going off the result earlier this season, I'd say very little. I mean Pats went down there when their defense was in disarray and held them to 13 points through 55 minutes and they tacked on an extra TD when the game was 36-13. Also it was clear Bill and Josh took the peddle off on offense when they were up 30-13 at HT.

Would I expect a carbon copy of that game? No. But this was a game where Gronk played about 50% of the snaps and had 6 rec for 120 1 TD Dion Lewis played 20% of the snaps. Also Burkhead played like 10 snaps before going out injured and had something like 4 rec for 50 1 TD.

Based on the possible NFC match ups, the two teams that I think ultimately make it there are either New Orleans or the LA Rams. Both present their own unique challenges, but I don't see either team being as challenging as our last two SB match ups.

I also don't think MIN makes it as their offense is very pedestrian in spite of Keenum not getting his due, and PHI's defense can be exploited if you can neutralize their DL, not to mention no more Wentz even though Foles is more than an adequate back up.

Based on the possible NFC match ups, the two teams that I think ultimately make it there are either New Orleans or the LA Rams. Both present their own unique challenges, but I don't see either team being as challenging as our last two SB match ups.

Do the Rams even have a fanbase of any size that would travel to Minn? Or would their be tons of extra tickets enabling the stadium to full of Pats fans?

If we get that far I will just be relieved we made it and root accordingly. I think if they get there they will win it.

Do. Your. Job.

You prepare for the team you play. Razor-thin margin between the supposed juggernauts and "the rest," as we've seen over and over again. I was very pleased in 2007 to be 16-0 and facing the regular-season near-dormat Giants in the SB. I was much more worried about the cream of the NFL and one-year-removed SB champion Rams. QED. And lest we forget, our biggest margin of victory in a SB was a tie game after 60 minutes. QED.

It's being ready, focused, and above all, tenacious. All the other smart things the Pats do to be prepared every week gets them into the game. Plain old refusal to lose gets the results. Down 28-3? Turn the big rock into little rocks and make it happen.

We're truly blessed fans... that doesn't mean anything about the results we can expect this year... but we have the talent to match up with anybody. The only thing that worries me about the Saints specifically is that I like those guys, and I'd rather us play somebody else.

Let's get that far first....but to answer the question..not that scared

I think the Vikings are going to the Super Bowl. (sorry, @pherein )

Out of all the locked-in playoffs teams, they concern me the most, simply because they have a superbowl-tested/future HOF QB. The rest are headed by backups and 2nd year QBs, who will 5hit their beds on the big stage.

I want this team to play the best opponents. If that's the Saints, then bring on the Saints.

It’s too bad for you that they couldn’t play the ‘89 Niners, ‘85 Bears, and a Cinderella team led by Eli Manning on a rotating weekly basis.

They may be the toughest, whoever makes it outta be NFC is going to be a great team. That field is stacked. Brees has pretty much always given us trouble aside from this year’s game, stats are kinda misleading on that one.

The NFC team I worry about the most is Minnesota. They have an incredible defense, some great playmakers on offense, and the game would be IN Minnesota. I know there are Super Bowls where we haven't had the crowd, but this would be ridiculous.

Saints wont get to the SB, fatigue will catch up with them. They had two very physical games against the Falcons, not-as-easy-as-everyone-expected win against the Jets and they are about to play the Bucs team that fought Falcons and Panthers down to the last second. And then they play WC game next week.

I think the Vikings are going to the Super Bowl. (sorry, @pherein )
You're probably right, but not if we both play our best game. They are solid, but we have a couple xfactures that are game changers.
OMG can you imagine how much Viking fans are going to hate us if we knock them out of SB again. yikes might be better to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe