PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more SB's would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can forgive them for last year's super bowl, Hightower was out also, but man, every damn game I've watched since 2008 the opposing team reaches the damn red zone on almost every damn drive!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!!!! HIRE SOME TALENT ON LB AND DB GEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A PASSING LEAGUE AND YOUR TAKING DB'S FOR GRANTED WITH THE TAVON WILSONS? AINT NO WAY WERE GOING ANYWHERE PAST 1ST OR 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR WITH WHAT THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PRODUCED!

4r9a54.gif~c200

You know you're probably like top 3 in my favorite posters list. As soon as I got the "Patjew posted in the blablabla thread" notification I knew it would be a good one
Thank you, that's an honor!

They would have won last year and in 2011.

Though that doens't count the AFC Championship games they lost, like in 2006.
This is Exactly how I see it also.

They also should've won in 2007, but for, ahem, different reasons.

Funny, people say the Pats can't draft in the second round when in reality the team has a hit rate of about 40% there which Lazar considers pretty good relative to the league average.

But whatever second round is second round, amirite ? Who cares if you pick #10 or #32.. first round is first round.

If you take it further than the second you can say for every Wilson you get a Trey Flowers. For every Jordan Richards you get a Shaq Mason. For every Cyrus Jones you get a James White.

I've defended every one of those picks when they were made. But lots of people complained quite loudly about them. Hindsight is 20/20, but those people were 100% right about those players.

They weren't sending extra rushers. Linemen were dropping into coverage.
Lol. Watch it again. They were sending LB’s. Spags also showed plays in the ESPN special.

I've defended every one of those picks when they were made. But lots of people complained quite loudly about them. Hindsight is 20/20, but those people were 100% right about those players.

So what?

Funny, people say the Pats can't draft in the second round when in reality the team has a hit rate of about 40% there which Lazar considers pretty good relative to the league average.

1. Dawson
  2. Jones
  3. Richards
  4. JAG
  5. Collins
  6. Dobson
  7. Wilson
  8. Dowling
  9. Vereen
  10. Gronk
  11. Cunningham
  12. Spikes
  13. Chung
  14. Brace
  15. Butler
  16. Vollmer
  17. Wheatley
  18. Jackson
  19. Hill
  20. Wilson
  21. Johnson
  22. Branch
  23. Klemm

8 hits on 22 picks (too soon to judge Dawson) is 36%, in a round where 50% is the target. Lazar is being very generous with his grading.

1. Dawson
  2. Jones
  3. Richards
  4. JAG
  5. Collins
  6. Dobson
  7. Wilson
  8. Dowling
  9. Vereen
  10. Gronk
  11. Cunningham
  12. Spikes
  13. Chung
  14. Brace
  15. Butler
  16. Vollmer
  17. Wheatley
  18. Jackson
  19. Hill
  20. Wilson
  21. Johnson
  22. Branch
  23. Klemm
8 hits on 22 picks (too soon to judge Dawson) is 36%, in a round where 50% is the target. Lazar is being very generous with his grading.
I would take off Chung and replace him with Collins. Chung was awful in his initial stint in NE.

I can forgive them for last year's super bowl, Hightower was out also, but man, every damn game I've watched since 2008 the opposing team reaches the damn red zone on almost every damn drive!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!!!! HIRE SOME TALENT ON LB AND DB GEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A PASSING LEAGUE AND YOUR TAKING DB'S FOR GRANTED WITH THE TAVON WILSONS? AINT NO WAY WERE GOING ANYWHERE PAST 1ST OR 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR WITH WHAT THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PRODUCED!
Count me as another one who has a hard time following this one.

You say you forgive them for the Super Bowl loss, yet the defense has been doing this since 2008? Why do you suddenly give them a pass?

They've made it to the AFCCG 7-8 straight years with the awful defense you mentioned. Why would it be different this year?

And what have the other teams produced?

1. Dawson
  2. Jones
  3. Richards
  4. JAG
  5. Collins
  6. Dobson
  7. Wilson
  8. Dowling
  9. Vereen
  10. Gronk
  11. Cunningham
  12. Spikes
  13. Chung
  14. Brace
  15. Butler
  16. Vollmer
  17. Wheatley
  18. Jackson
  19. Hill
  20. Wilson
  21. Johnson
  22. Branch
  23. Klemm

He had it at 9/23 I think.

The disconnect between him and you is that you are claiming the second round should be around 50% when he claims that the end of the second round (where e.g. Cyrus was drafted) is closer to 16% historically.

Seriously...How many SB would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

And how many more if they knew how to actually draft once every 2 years instead of 5 years.....

31st in league pass/g for how many years now?

Since there is a salary cap and they pick almost last every year, it might depend on which positions they let go to seed so they can stock those two.

I would take off Chung and replace him with Collins. Chung was awful in his initial stint in NE.

I wouldn't normally have put either on the "hit" side of the ledger, because Collins was shipped out as a failure, but I wasn't in the mood to argue about it when the numbers still show as low.

He had it at 9/23 I think.

The disconnect between him and you is that you are claiming the second round should be around 50% when he claims that the end of the second round (where e.g. Cyrus was drafted) is closer to 16% historically.

Yeah, because he's spinning the picks. That's weak sauce on his part, but not surprising.

Dowling was taken at #33
Chung was taken at #34
Jackson was taken at #36
E. Wilson was taken at #36
Brace was taken at #40
Butler was taken at #41
Gronk was taken at #42
Johnson was taken at #45
Klemm was taken at #46
Light was taken at #48
T. Wilson was taken at #48

So, out of the top 11 picks in terms of high end of the round (I would have gone with just 10, but there was a tie), only 2 actually worked out (Light, Gronk) the first time around, and even adding Chung's second time around, we're still looking at just a 27% hit rate with picks 33-48 in the draft. BB's actually had better success at the bottom of the round, where the "woe is us, low picks!" would be more applicable.

Vollmer at #58
Spikes at #62
JAG at # 62
Vereen #56
Branch #65

All came from later in the round.

But whatever second round is second round, amirite ? Who cares if you pick #10 or #32.. first round is first round.

If you take it further than the second you can say for every Wilson you get a Trey Flowers. For every Jordan Richards you get a Shaq Mason. For every Cyrus Jones you get a James White.

Not sure I'd include Chung. He didn't work out here initially and was allowed to walk in free agency, which I doubt happens if he was the player he's been for the last 4 years. His success came as a free-agent signing, not a draft pick.

Winning championships is not a birth right.
What does wishing that they didn't blow 4 more championships out of their collective asses have to do with any "birthright"?

And why should it be Sh!tsdirt's "birthright" to have more SB wins than any other franchise? Feck them to hell; I want the Patriots to have that honor, as they (and we) deserve.

What does wishing that they didn't blow 4 more championships out of their collective asses have to do with any "birthright"?

And why should it be Sh!tsdirt's "birthright" to have more SB wins than any other franchise? Feck them to hell; I want the Patriots to have that honor, as they (and we) deserve.
<<<Blows a whistle>>> You need to run some laps...

Seriously...How many SB would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

And how many more if they knew how to actually draft once every 2 years instead of 5 years.....

31st in league pass/g for how many years now?

Who the f#ck moved your rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back