PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more SB's would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easywolf32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Seriously...How many SB would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

And how many more if they knew how to actually draft once every 2 years instead of 5 years.....

31st in league pass/g for how many years now?

Brady wasn't taking pay cuts back in 2010, not a knock obviously he was still young and wanted to get paid still.

About the same, IMO.

The Patriots were a play away from losing all 5 Superbowls….and a play away from winning the 3 we lost in the BB/Brady era....

Seriously...How many SB would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

And how many more if they knew how to actually draft once every 2 years instead of 5 years.....

They would have won last year and in 2011.

Though that doens't count the AFC Championship games they lost, like in 2006.

2007 loss was on the offense, you should be able to win any game that you only give up 17 points.

2011 ditto

last year was the only loss you can squarely put on the defense. They were horrible! They got beat every which you can.

You can't look at all the ones they lost and say, "They would have won if X" without looking at all the ones they won and saying, "If they had X instead of Y, would they still have won?"

Devoting resources to one position means less to solidify others. It's narrow to think you could just have improvement in one area all the time and not have to sacrifice somewhere else.

101452d1249680144-lets-honest-thread-sucks-ass.jpg

About the same, IMO.

The Patriots were a play away from losing all 5 Superbowls….and a play away from winning the 3 we lost in the BB/Brady era....
Agree. The Rams could easily have won. SB 36. And how the Falcons found a way to lose SB 51 is beyond me. We should have been undefeated in the 07 season. So 5 sounds about right. How spoiled are we to be thinking about how many more we should have won when so many teams have never made it to the big game.

I can forgive them for last year's super bowl, Hightower was out also, but man, every damn game I've watched since 2008 the opposing team reaches the damn red zone on almost every damn drive!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!!!! HIRE SOME TALENT ON LB AND DB GEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A PASSING LEAGUE AND YOUR TAKING DB'S FOR GRANTED WITH THE TAVON WILSONS? AINT NO WAY WERE GOING ANYWHERE PAST 1ST OR 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR WITH WHAT THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PRODUCED!

I can forgive them for last year's super bowl, Hightower was out also, but man, every damn game I've watched since 2008 the opposing team reaches the damn red zone on almost every damn drive!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!!!! HIRE SOME TALENT ON LB AND DB GEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please submit your resume to HR asap.

You are right. This franchise is terrible.

The LB unit’s one of the weakest in the nfl. We will see what Bentley can do. I think the secondary can be good but it will depend on how Rowe plays. Also these rookies.

Meaningless question because to get better LBs, etc. they'd have had to given up something else. Pointless to assume that you have better LBs, etc. but everything else is equal.

ITS A PASSING LEAGUE AND YOUR TAKING DB'S FOR GRANTED WITH THE TAVON WILSONS? AINT NO WAY WERE GOING ANYWHERE PAST 1ST OR 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR WITH WHAT THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PRODUCED!

You know, I never saw it that way. But something about the way you used all caps has convinced me.

Meaningless question because to get better LBs, etc. they'd have had to given up something else. Pointless to assume that you have better LBs, etc. but everything else is equal.

They could have drafted a LB earlier. They waited till the 5th round. More decent LBs ahead of Bentley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back