PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many more SB's would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe give up Tavon Wilson, Jordan Richards, Cyrus Jones...etc.

Funny, people say the Pats can't draft in the second round when in reality the team has a hit rate of about 40% there which Lazar considers pretty good relative to the league average.

But whatever second round is second round, amirite ? Who cares if you pick #10 or #32.. first round is first round.

If you take it further than the second you can say for every Wilson you get a Trey Flowers. For every Jordan Richards you get a Shaq Mason. For every Cyrus Jones you get a James White.

If anyone can muster up the courage to watch Super Bowl 42, you will find that it should have been a blowout in the Patriots favor. The Patriots defense should’ve had three or four turnovers in the first quarter alone. They were really making it miserable for Manning. It’s beyond frustrating to watch and the Giants are the luckiest team in NFL history.

All the talk of the Giants D-line being great on that day is overrated. They were sending the house most of the 1st half which added some pressure but left the slot WRs wide open. In fact, had Brady not taken his sweet a** time throwing the screen pass to Maroney on the first play of the game, it would’ve been a touchdown because the Giants sent the house. They scored anyways, but it took forever. On other plays, you’ll see some great replay angles at the QB’s POV and you’ll shake your head. Gaffney was wide open a ton. I’m shocked Brady couldn’t see this. At the time, the line was holding up well enough for him to notice it, but he was locking in on other WR’s.

I was so frustrated I turned it off at Halftime.

You sure you were watching the right game? They weren't really "sending the house" at all. They were getting pressure with their down four. When you can do that (which takes away the deep routes) and flood the middle zone, you'll shut down any offense.

Because earlier of course means better player and scheme fit.

Ok. Lets play this game. Please give me the list of teams who have drafted consistently better than the Patriots over the last 10 years. Also add at which spot they were drafting on average. Unless you are not interested in actually having a reasonable discussion. If you just want to keep shouting **** please don't reply with another message that moves the goalposts.

The reality is that nobody drafts consistently well. Hit and misses is pretty much the reality for all 32.

He has reached for some certain players that’s the problem. I am hoping dawson will be a a player here.

Funny, people say the Pats can't draft in the second round when in reality the team has a hit rate of about 40% there which Lazar considers pretty good relative to the league average.

But whatever second round is second round, amirite ? Who cares if you pick #10 or #32.. first round is first round.

If you take it further than the second you can say for every Wilson you get a Trey Flowers. For every Jordan Richards you get a Shaq Mason. For every Cyrus Jones you get a James White.

I don’t wanna hear that when some of those picks where reaches. That Cunningham pick was just awful to go with the Richards one.

101452d1249680144-lets-honest-thread-sucks-ass.jpg
Threads don’t kill posters, posters kill posters.

I can forgive them for last year's super bowl, Hightower was out also, but man, every damn game I've watched since 2008 the opposing team reaches the damn red zone on almost every damn drive!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me SICK!!!!!!! HIRE SOME TALENT ON LB AND DB GEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS A PASSING LEAGUE AND YOUR TAKING DB'S FOR GRANTED WITH THE TAVON WILSONS? AINT NO WAY WERE GOING ANYWHERE PAST 1ST OR 2ND ROUND THIS YEAR WITH WHAT THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PRODUCED!

DUDE! Slow your roll. The GDT is still 72 hours away. You don't want to burn out too early.

Good lord the crazies are out.

And the kool-aid drinkers still trying to defend some of BB’s selections in the draft. No defending it. The guy’s the greatest coach in the world but he’s far from perfect.

And the kool-aid drinkers still trying to defend some of BB’s selections in the draft. No defending it. The guy’s the greatest coach in the world but he’s far from perfect.
Again, I ask, how many probowl and all pros has BB drafted compared to the rest of the GMs in the league?

I don't think it's so much a 2nd rounder thing as much as it is a 2nd round DBs thing

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has actually claimed he is. Just that focusing on nothing but the reaches that he missed on is holding him to a standard that you're not holding any other GM in the league to.

How many Sbs would we have won if we had the best player at every position every year?

How were they a play away from losing all 5 Super Bowls? The only ones they came from behind and could’ve lost were the Panthers and Seahawks.

SB 36: If Brady doesn't hit Troy Brown on the final drive to put us into FG range, that game goes to overtime against a tired Patriots D that played a GREAT game allowing only 17 points.

SB 38: If the Panthers don't kick out of bounds...maybe that one goes into OT too.

SB 39: If McNabb doesn't throw up and take a lot of time off the clock... that could have been a lot closer...and remember TO played hurt too.

SB 42: Helmet catch...nuff' said...

SB 46: Welker drop...

SB 49: Butler pick in EZ...

SB 51: One simple holding call on Chris Long....if not...that's a 11 point deficit with little to no time left.

SB 52: Oh man......so many plays...but the killer was the Bademosi missed tackle, IMO.

Maybe not exactly a play away, but it isn't like we were running away with these games. In the BB/Brady era...our BIGGEST SB loss was 8 points...and BIGGEST win was 6 points in OT. All one score games....amazing!

You sure you were watching the right game? They weren't really "sending the house" at all. They were getting pressure with their down four. When you can do that (which takes away the deep routes) and flood the middle zone, you'll shut down any offense.
Watch it again. I know they were at least sending LB's because the middle of the field was wide open. They were blitzing in the first half. Spagnolo also said in ESPN special with McDaniels that they were sending LB's that never blitzed during the season (Kawika Mitchell.) They had to do something different that the Pats have seen or they feared they were going to get blown out. McDaniels admitted it threw them off.

Watch it again. I know they were at least sending LB's because the middle of the field was wide open. They were blitzing in the first half. Spagnolo also said in ESPN special with McDaniels that they were sending LB's that never blitzed during the season (Kawika Mitchell.) They had to do something different that the Pats have seen or they feared they were going to get blown out. McDaniels admitted it threw them off.

They weren't sending extra rushers. Linemen were dropping into coverage.

Do Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Peyton Manning also get this theoretical awesome defense every year?

The irony of this post is you are knocking the team for its strategy in the salary cap era, which is the very reason why they are so successful. If the salary cap didn't exist, they would not be this successful and probably not even close. I've been pretty critical about their recent drafts and trades, but to question the strategy of where they allot their money seems crazy. If you look closely, they spend a lot of their money on guys that will excel in the red zone with the theory that offenses are going to get their yardage, so limiting the damage is the most cost effective way to stop this, rather than trying to build an expensive but unsustainable long-term solution like the Seahawks. Also, they gave top end deals to McCourty, Gilmore, and Hightower, so I don't see where the criticism is here considering those are secondary/linebacker players. I do agree their last 3-4 drafts appear to be really putrid, though we don't have a lot to go on yet for 2018. There is a talent problem that will soon become more apparent if they don't hit a few big drafts like early on in this decade.

the answer: ALL OF THEM, duh

Seriously...How many SB would the Patriots won if they always had great DB's and LB's?

Probably about 1,000 - with Brady.

Without Brady ... well, it would f**king matter how good the DBs and LBs were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back