PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Thanksgiving to my PatsFans brethren and sistren!

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have much to be thankful for… our friends and family, living in this great country, and of course, our Pats… and each other! Thanks to Ian, and all of you, this place is a blast! God bless you all, and may you enjoy your Thanksgiving repast as much…

1637790659886.gif
…as Big Vince enjoys his. ;)

Edit: the missus is away looking after our daughter in law post hernia surgery… so my youngest son and I are roughing it for Thanksgiving…

at Ruth’s Chris. :whistle::excited:

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving, Rover, you old fart.. ;) You're one of my oldest Board Acquaintances. If I remember correctly, we were both on the ESPN Pats Messages boards..

You're correct that we have much to be thankful for.

- BB being the Patriots Coach
- BB being the Patriots GM
- Mac Jones being as game ready as he has been.
- Judon signing with the Patriots
- Henry signing with the Patriots
- Ian continuing to run the best DAMN NFL FAN BOARD in the WORLD!!!!!
- The great insight we get from fans like @BaconGrundleCandy and @patfanken

And lets not forget the following

- the men and women in the US Armed Forces serving here and overseas.
- the men and women who are First Responders in the US. Willing to risk their lives for people they don't know on a daily basis.
- the men and women in the Health Care system who have been at the forefront on the S**TSHow known as the Pandemic the last 2 years
- The men and women working at our grocery stores and being at risk on a daily basis because they were considered "essential workers".

Happy Thanksgiving, Rover, you old fart.. ;) You're one of my oldest Board Acquaintances. If I remember correctly, we were both on the ESPN Pats Messages boards.
Wow, that’s right! Man, when was that? 2001-2? Memory almost full. ;) Cheers to you, DB! Enjoy Turkey Day… and perhaps a Bills loss?

1637792574439.gif

Happy Thanksgiving. Let us all remember the Thanksgiving which was 21 years ago yesterday and give thanks for the 2 decades we have enjoyed.... (damn youtube restrictions... you'll have to click it to see Patriots history)

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
This is my favorite Holiday.
Just giving Thanks without the retail factor involved
But Hell we are Patriots fans. We have tons to be Thankful for outside of Family
Out team is the Greatest Organization and fanbase second to none

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Here's to a great meal, good company, and a double helping of Mac and Cheese for all!

Happy Thanksgiving guys and gals. Long time lurker but infrequent poster. Much thanks to you all for keeping me informed and entertained throughout the year.

We have much to be thankful for… our friends and family, living in this great country, and of course, our Pats… and each other! Thanks to Ian, and all of you, this place is a blast! God bless you all, and may you enjoy your Thanksgiving repast as much…

View attachment 37990
…as Big Vince enjoys his. ;)

Edit: the missus is away looking after our daughter in law post hernia surgery… so my youngest son and I are roughing it for Thanksgiving…

at Ruth’s Chris. :whistle::excited:
Happy Turkey Day to ALL!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Rover, you old fart.. ;) You're one of my oldest Board Acquaintances. If I remember correctly, we were both on the ESPN Pats Messages boards..
I hope I'm here 20-30 years from now like you two. Happy Thanksgiving to both of you @oldrover and the rest of the old heads here that bring perspective & rational thinking. Guys like @long distance @RobertWeathers @Joker @Tunescribe
You guys are always great.
You're correct that we have much to be thankful for.

- BB being the Patriots Coach
- BB being the Patriots GM
It's impossible to sum up what Bill has meant to this team. His coaching sure but so much deeper there - we ***** a lot but we've seen some really nice development here on both sides the ball. QB, CB, OL, DL - he sets the tone, is hiring these asst coaches to help develop and create a winning environment. He goes against the grain while adjusting and changing with the times. Still a multiple-team or we're striving to be. Again it's impossible to put on paper what he's been able to do even with the GOAT. Constantly putting a great team on the field. A talented but balanced team on the field. Bill always tried and made a point of putting the most balanced team on the field.
As a dumb fan I sometimes get caught up in trying to put together the strongest groups possible but Bill is all about balance throughout the team.

He probably gets the most heat for being a GM but he's a legend there if we're being honest. That balance that is constant throughout our team also shows up on the books in so many ways. How many years have we been in "Cap Hell" or hurting there? Not often if we're being honest. Look at the Saints, Packers, Cowboys for example. All "contenders" or borderline but they're like -150 million over the cap next year. Sure they can make moves but some of those moves they won't want to make. We're never in dire straits or even close to it.
Sure there are bad draft picks, contracts etc but Bill has been a top 5 GM imo over two decades. Very few if any can say that.
- Mac Jones being as game ready as he has been.
I feel like I should mention the iron chain links here. Kraft, Bill, Josh, Mac ... It all starts at the top and we've got a nice structure. And for a long time it was the backbone of the franchise. Every one knew their place. Organized. Structure.

It looks like we might have that again. At least to some extent even if it's on a much smaller scale.

Mac has been great. Forget about stats or w/e. Rookie QB's are almost always bad. You want the right kind of bad .. "Manning, Aikman etc" Mac has been a borderline top 15 / top 15 QB recently and has looked very good overall. He's not carrying us but keeping the trains running on time. Making all the stops. Utilizing what's around him. He's been really good. OROY for sure. Mac, Slater, Creed, Chase in that order imo.
- Judon signing with the Patriots
What a signing. Judon is a legit DPOY candidate this year!! Him and JC. Both have been all-pro great this year. Phillips, Barmore and Dugger too on defense. Solid little core there.
- Henry signing with the Patriots
He was my fav signing on the offensive side. Him and Bourne might be Mac's fav targets. Henry has been a monster in the red zone man! On pace for 50 rec / 10+ TD in an offense with a rookie QB and a offense that took a little time to gel. Good enough blocker. He's contributed down near the goal line recently blocking.
- Ian continuing to run the best DAMN NFL FAN BOARD in the WORLD!!!!!
Thanks for letting me post here @Ian this place is great and I hope we're here 30 years from now.
- The great insight we get from fans like @BaconGrundleCandy and @patfanken
Appreciate it. I started my thread bc of @patfanken He's the best. We need a Pats Fans HOF for guys like him and @manxman2601 and many others. Those guys made / make this place great. People care and want to check out what they have to say. That's powerful and awesome we have posters like that here.

I really enjoy reading a lot of people here. @dreighver @primetime @jimnance @patsinthesnow @50-yard-line @Kontradiction @Tony2046 @Ice_Ice_Brady @Hammer of Thor @Mike the Brit and many others
And lets not forget the following

- the men and women in the US Armed Forces serving here and overseas.
We got the best! Best most well trained military in the world.
- the men and women who are First Responders in the US. Willing to risk their lives for people they don't know on a daily basis.
- the men and women in the Health Care system who have been at the forefront on the S**TSHow known as the Pandemic the last 2 years
Absolutely. No matter how you feel about this mess. These are our friends, sisters and brothers on the front line of a clown show. Pulled in different directions. They've been great!
- The men and women working at our grocery stores and being at risk on a daily basis because they were considered "essential workers".
I live across from one of the original Demoulas (Market Basket) maybe original one. Lots of young & old people working. I always give them a few bucks. Leaving $10-20 change, maybe giving a kid something as he's wrangling up 65 shopping carts in a full parking lot when it's 30 degrees out.

Happy we have a stable and well run team. Ownership on down we've set the standard the last 20 + years.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving. Let us all remember the Thanksgiving which was 21 years ago yesterday and give thanks for the 2 decades we have enjoyed.... (damn youtube restrictions... you'll have to click it to see Patriots history)

Did you catch the announcer at the end? " no wonder why he was a 6th round..." then it cuts off... THat didn;t age well.

I am thankful that 125 years ago, a man left his small village in Eastern Poland ( or Ukraine or Russia or whoever was in charge of that spot of land at the time) to voyage out to Hamburg and take that ship to the US where he didn't speak the language or know many people.Had he waited forty years, he likely would have died in the gas chambers and crematoriums of Nazi Germany. He sent for my grandmother a few years later and they settled in Boston. My father was the youngest of five ( I was always told four but genealogical research showed a fifth child who died as an infant as was common at the time) and grew up in abject poverty , starting to work selling newspapers at age 8. Offered a half scholarship to MIT, he couldn't accept because the family couldn't afford the rest. Left high school to work and joined the Army during World War 2 when he turned 18. Never saw combat but came back and started his own successful business, raising his family to upper middle class. He joked that he worked hald a day, 6 am to 6 pm. He sent four children to college without a dime of debt. We have "papaisms" expressions and a philosophy that carry over to his grandchildren. Among them, " an education is something that no one can ever take away from you." (Others were, (Others were, " if you work for yourself, you can't get sick, tired or lazy." " that's life, deal with it." " Nobody ever said life was fair." Harsh but he didn't raise snowflakes) When he never had the opportunity to attend college, he was the smartest businessman I knew and he smiled broadly at every graduation he attended...
When my older son was in high school, his teacher proclaimed that the American Dream was dead and asked if anyone believed it was still possible. My son called him out and pointed to his own grandfather as one who single-handedly raised his family up the socioeconomic ladder...

I am thankful that he ( and my mother) gave us a grounding and a work ethic that I have tried to give my children. While we aren't 1%ers, we have a roof over our heads, food and shelter and I believe a bright future despite storm clouds and the current world situation...
He is gone fifteen years but even in death, he gave us a lesson... He said" I have lived with dignity, I want to die with dignity." He didn't want to be in a hospital with tubes and wires and as he said, " some guy pounding on my chest." He died peacefully surrounded by family...holding my hand.
Just before he died, I went to visit him in Florida and he had hospice at home. The nurse told me that he had been unresponsive all day. I told him the Patriots were on TV that night ( a Friday in preseason). I heard him quietly ask," what time" I told him and he asked what channel and told me to make sure I put the game on.... The nurse was stunned but I told her you just have to ask the right questions. To his dying days he was a diehard Patriots fan. When he made him an 80th birthday party in Florida (his last) the same weekend we could have gone to a fundraiser in Boston with the first three Lombardi trophies, he asked why we didn't just have the party there....... Oh and his famous comment when I called after the Red finally won it in 2004, " Don't get too excited, it will likely be another 86 years before they do it again." No doubt where his loyalty went.

I am thankful to have family who took the actions they did and hope that I can carry on those traditions .. to future generations...
---------------------------------------------
For the tl;dr crowd, thankful for family, especially for father and grandfather....

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back