PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk nearly traded to DET in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deflections everywhere.

When it came down to it, Brady gave the team a lead with a few minutes left. Belichick's defense squandered it to Eli Manning.
The O diddnt get it done in either Giant SB. The D bailed them out in 49.

You say deflections. I say facts. I like facts, you like emotional blanket statements. It is what it is.

The O diddnt get it done in either Giant SB. The D bailed them out in 49.

You say deflections. I say facts. I like facts, you like emotional blanket statements. It is what it is.
Super Bowl 49? The defense would have been playing prevent D on that last minute drive, if they hadn't given up an embarrassing 80 yard TD drive in 32 seconds to close the first half. Thank God for Malcolm Butler though. It's a shame that despite being one of the most Super Bowl experienced DBs on the team last year, the coach egregiously benched him for the entire game while giving playing time to Jordan Richards and John Bademosi. Genius.

Super Bowl 49? The defense would have been playing prevent D on that last minute drive, if they hadn't given up an embarrassing 80 yard TD drive in 32 seconds to close the first half. Thank God for Malcolm Butler though. It's a shame that despite being one of the most Super Bowl experienced DBs on the team last year, the coach egregiously benched him for the entire game while giving playing time to Jordan Richards and John Bademosi. Genius.

Well, I dont know what that benching accomplished. And, perhaps something from that SB has trickled into this season.

I am just not going all in on the "Brady masks all the problems of the team"> I just dont think its true. The D was solid last tear and just picked the wrong night to suck. Just like 42 when the unstoppable O got shut down. It happens.

Last edited:
Why even go back and forth with someone who thinks Brady hasn’t taken pay cut after pay cut. WHY

Why even go back and forth with someone who thinks Brady hasn’t taken pay cut after pay cut. WHY
Because unlike you, I don’t confuse lowering a salary cap number with “taking a pay cut”, nor do I confuse taking less than he could have gotten if he played hardball with “taking a pay cut”, either. For example, Brady’s 2014 restructure wasn’t a pay cut - he got an extra $3mil out of it. The 2016 restructure wasn’t a pay cut either - he traded salary dollar for dollar with a signing bonus and was paid exactly the same amount of money after as before. And so on and so on.

Betcha Gronk might be thinking twice about that Detroit trade now...

Where are the chicken littles who kept claiming any drama this offseason was “fake news” ??

That damn fake ESPN story!

Gimme a break.

Gronk was *****ing about his deal and contemplated retirement.

Getting leverage in negotiations can sometimes get a little rough

What do want BB to do?
Agreed!! Gronk was being a real jerk. Remember his promotional appearance at Gillette (was it Motocross or something??) where he was running his mouth and hinting about retirement?? And was doing this as his teammates were attending workouts that he was not participating in.....workouts that were going on in the same building and at the same time he was doing his promo?? What a dink!! What a teammate!!

What I wonder is how serious Belichick was about actually completing the trade or if it was only a feint to Gronk's coy crap all off season long and a very forceful way to tell him to sh*t or get off the pot that Belichick was not actually planning to take to completion.

And then somebody is surprised why with Gronk acting like a clown in the offseason the team looked into moving him.

Crappy situation for Gronk having to play for a coach that was dead set on trading him.

And then somebody is surprised why with Gronk acting like a clown in the offseason the team looked into moving him.

So everything sucks, but he refused to go somewhere else. This isn’t making any sense at all.

If the metric you use says that the Patriots defense was 5th best last year, it likely contains several flaws. If you want to go with the claim that it was 5th best, then it should speak volumes to you that Bill Belichick, the "genius defensive mastermind" couldn't muster up a game plan using the 5th best defense to stop Nick Foles.

Not taking sides and not a big fan of the manner the Patriots approach their D (simply from an viewer enjoyment point of view), but credit where credit is due: Nick Foles led the Eagles over a very strong Atlanta team, then blew out Minnesota, the supposedly best D in the league, the week after.

If the metric you use says that the Patriots defense was 5th best last year, it likely contains several flaws. If you want to go with the claim that it was 5th best, then it should speak volumes to you that Bill Belichick, the "genius defensive mastermind" couldn't muster up a game plan using the 5th best defense to stop Nick Foles.

The 5th Best of 5th in points Defense couldn't even force a punt??:rolleyes: What does Bob Kraft - Nick Foles - Blake Bortles and now Matthew Stafford all have in common?? To quote the Great Borg "They all own the Patriots Defense.":rolleyes:

Last edited:
So everything sucks, but he refused to go somewhere else. This isn’t making any sense at all.
Doesn't seem that difficult. He could be fed up with BB but still prefer to play with Tom Brady and not uproot the life he's made for himself in New England. He could have joined Brady in lowkey opposition to the coach's ways while still not wanting to, you know, be punted off to the Detroit Lions.

Link: Tom Brady has sacrificed at least $60 million in his career with discount contracts to keep the Patriots competitive

u9V0zc7.png

So Brady did all that for the sake of the Team and BB couldn't get him a young Elite WR that seems to be on every other Team?:confused: And Josh One Piss away Gordon doesn't count.:rolleyes:

So the report states the trade was for picks and no players.

Who in the hell was going to play on offense?were they delusional about Hollister? Glass neck Burkhead? Wow.

The experts manning the Pro Scouting Office were certain Patterson would fill the void created because of no Cooks, no Amendola, and no Edelperson (4 weeks).

The doctors were certain this would be the year Mitchell would be healthy

and of course

Bill was counting on Josh Gordon "not being himself" during the summer….and then BB would pounce.
His master plan just took a bit longer than originally expected

Then there's

The Patriots Scraps policy….castoffs from garbage teams.
26 and counting

Sadly….these are truths.

Last edited:

He made it pretty clear he wanted to play with Brady and nobody else. FWIW, I believe Chris on the last two complaints that Gronk reportedly had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back