PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk nearly traded to DET in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

And then somebody is surprised why with Gronk acting like a clown in the offseason the team looked into moving him.

Gronk's brother basically trashing Gronk's teammates isnt going to fly well with BB especially with the current on field performance.

We don’t know how the team would look without Gronk because we don’t have any clue what the corresponding roster moves would have been.

No point in overthinking it.
While that’s true...not sure who we realistically would have gotten that would be close to as good as Gronk.

Sports rely on emotion and holding the edge and focus.

I think that this is the primary problem right now with the Patriots....

........That's 90% of the problem.
90% ?
That's a lot
Then BB should fire up one of his patented roof raising, rah rah speeches before the Pats' next game because he lives 90% emotion / 10% preparation

90% ?
That's a lot
Then BB should fire up one of his patented roof raising, rah rah speeches before the Pats' next game because he lives 90% emotion / 10% preparation
We should trade for tomlin.

Any word on the supposed compensation? Very curious about that part.

I would have taken Anash or Slay or Tate, and maybe Detroit's 1st rounder....but that is just me....

Gronk's brother basically trashing Gronk's teammates isnt going to fly well with BB especially with the current on field performance.
it should fly even worse with Gronk himself. Brother gets to go public and remain in the comfort of the background. Rob, meanwhile, gets to face his teammates. I'm not sure I'd put Brother in the new edition of Profiles in Courage.

I would have taken Anash or Slay or Tate, and maybe Detroit's 1st rounder....but that is just me....
One headline said only picks, but I didn’t read the article to see if there were any more details.

it should fly even worse with Gronk himself. Brother gets to go public and remain in the comfort of the background. Rob, meanwhile, gets to face his teammates. I'm not sure I'd put Brother in the new edition of Profiles in Courage.
Team Gronk is not known for its tact and PR savvy. I do give him credit though. At least this time it wasn't Gordie sniping from the brush and dropping dimes to Mike Giardi or Tom Curran

Theory is Bill wanted picks so he could package them and go up in the draft and grab a QB.

Well if anyone would have first hand knowledge that Gronk may be upset about the lack of talent around him it’s the gronkowski brothers. Gronk has been dealing with this his whole life.

Doesn't matter what the compensation would of been. Gronk refused the trade and said he'd retire. All signs (including his restructured contract that aligns with Brady) show that he's done with Football when Brady is.

Theory is Bill wanted picks so he could package them and go up in the draft and grab a QB.

Makes me feel better the rumors were about mayfield so at least we were moving up for the right QB.

We don’t know how the team would look without Gronk because we don’t have any clue what the corresponding roster moves would have been.

No point in overthinking it.

We wouldn’t have gotten anything, we’ll we probably would’ve traded back with the Detroit picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back