PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk nearly traded to DET in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad we kept Gronk. But curious what the details were?

This is insanity. Bill needs to reign in his ego. Our offense would have been horrifyingly bad! Don't know what he is thinking anymore. I always thought that everything he did was rational even if I did not agree with it. However, starting from the Superbowl, he lost me.

This is insanity. Bill needs to reign in his ego. Our offense would have been horrifyingly bad! Don't know what he is thinking anymore. I always thought that everything he did was rational even if I did not agree with it. However, starting from the Superbowl, he lost me.
Gimme a break.

Gronk was *****ing about his deal and contemplated retirement.

Getting leverage in negotiations can sometimes get a little rough

What do want BB to do?

It would've been interesting to see Brady's only passing target this year be a 2019 draft pick.

I’m wondering once the trade talks for Gronk fell through we moved quickly to acquire a future 1 for cooks.

Do exactly what he did later on....you know do his job and make it work with a generational talent...the retirement thing seems to have been after this stupid trade idea after all.

Gimme a break.

Gronk was *****ing about his deal and contemplated retirement.

Getting leverage in negotiations can sometimes get a little rough

What do want BB to do?

Their WR corps also appeared a lot deeper back then. Still, I don't think they would have sat still after trading Gronk. I imagine that would have spawned other fireworks.

BB is awful. You’re right. Why can’t he do better than .741 in NE ? I mean, NFL coaches that can only win 3 of every 4 in two decades are a dime a dozen. Not to mention the embarassing five SB titles ! That isn’t even 10% of all SBs ever... gross.

I agree : “reign in his ego”.

Their WR corps also appeared a lot deeper back then. Still, I don't think they would have sat still after trading Gronk. I imagine that would have spawned other fireworks.
Agree. Bill had no intention of trading Gronk unless he told him he wanted out or an obscene amount of $

I really don’t know how that trade would of solved anything?

So glad it didn’t happen and hope it never does.

Actually I hope it was just another dumb rumor.

BB is awful. You’re right. Why can’t he do better than .741 in NE ? I mean, NFL coaches that can only win 3 of every 4 in two decades are a dime a dozen. Not to mention the embarassing five SB titles ! That isn’t even 10% of all SBs ever... gross.

I agree : “reign in his ego”.

Doesn’t make him free from criticism.

We get these draft picks and don’t really draft the best.

I find it more interesting to speculate what the moves would have been if it had happened than about the ******** discussion of how this is unthinkable.

Gronk is one hit away from retirement, is severely underpaid relative for how he affects opponents on every snap and is also getting to the end of his contract. Of course BB would explore options to extract value from him if they deemed an extension as unlikely.

The putative trade is old news. The report that it was with the Lions is news. Who would the trade have been for? Not reported. Surely not Stafford.

Doesn’t make him free from criticism.

We get these draft picks and don’t really draft the best.

Who drafts better?

Name me the team that nails every draft pick.

If Gronk had to relocate to a cesspool city like Detroit,I would fully understand why he would rather retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes