PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk nearly traded to DET in April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting leverage in negotiations can sometimes get a little rough

The whole story? Why would we want to get both sides of an issue before zipping off a half-baked post? Add in the fact that likely 70-80% of trade rumors have zero substantiation and we get "weekday game thread" material like Ahmed's hawt taek.

Even if it was true, given the high stakes, Gronk had most of the leverage coming into the season. There are few opportunities to "force his hand" to make a decision, floating a trade is one of them - it doesn't even have to have any grounding in reality either - just a willing media shlep to carry the story to print.

No other coach goes 11-5 w Cassel either... what is their record last year w JG ?

That same exact team, more or less, had gone 16-0 the year before and they played one of the softest schedules in league history.

I mean, Belichick is the best coach ever, but that season was hardly evidence of it.

Trading Gronk is insanity.

BSPN link. Nothing to see here...

The problem I have with your post is you show you do not grasp the business -side of football.

When you throw crap out like that, you show your ignorance on the subject.

In the absence of knowledge and insight into the situation, that creates the perception of trolling.

You can redeem yourself though...

That's rich coming from a guy that just throws petty insults around. At least I actually commented on the topic at hand. You should try it sometime.

The whole story? Why would we want to get both sides of an issue before zipping off a half-baked post? Add in the fact that likely 70-80% of trade rumors have zero substantiation and we get "weekday game thread" material like Ahmed's hawt taek.

Even if it was true, given the high stakes, Gronk had most of the leverage coming into the season. There are few opportunities to "force his hand" to make a decision, floating a trade is one of them - it doesn't even have to have any grounding in reality either - just a willing media shlep to carry the story to print.
Yep. Except for the motorcross crap I actually have no problem with what Gronk was trying to do

Been saying it for a while, Gronk will retire when Brady retires.

He doesn't need the money, and he probably doesn't want to end up with a broken down body

..too late!!!:cool:

Why is this a thread? It was already reported he was almost traded and threatened to retire. It being to the Lions is not news.....

That's rich coming from a guy that just throws petty insults around. At least I actually commented on the topic at hand. You should try it sometime.
I think the level headed posters on this board would disagree with you.

The ones who throw around garbage like you will say I'm a complete *******.

And I really don't care.

Raise your game.

No other coach goes 11-5 w Cassel either... what is their record last year w JG ?

Bill has done a lot of great coaching over the years but this gets thrown around way too much and it's not that great.

1. Patriots came off a historical season at 18-1 that beat most meaningful offensive records. So 11-5 is a huge step back, especially with the offense's performance.

2. Someone by the name of Todd Haley did well with Cassel for a year too. Cassel went 10-5 that year, winning the division and making the Pro Bowl with 27 TDs, 6 INTs and a rating of 93 compared to 21/11/89 with the Pats. That Chiefs team was not as good as the Pats 2008 team either.

3. They missed the playoffs that year which is the whole point of the regular season. They lost against every decent AFC team which we would regularly beat while having the easiest schedule that I can remember.

Bill has done a lot of great coaching over the years but this gets thrown around way too much and it's not that great.

1. Patriots came off a historical season at 18-1 that beat most meaningful offensive records. So 11-5 is a huge step back, especially with the offense's performance.

2. Someone by the name of Todd Haley did well with Cassel for a year too. Cassel went 10-5 that year, winning the division and making the Pro Bowl with 27 TDs, 6 INTs and a rating of 93 compared to 21/11/89 with the Pats. That Chiefs team was not as good as the Pats 2008 team either.

3. They missed the playoffs that year which is the whole point of the regular season. They lost against every decent AFC team which we would regularly beat while having the easiest schedule that I can remember.
Asante left in 08. Leading rusher went to IR . Injuries. Defense got older. 11-5 after that loss and losing Tom was exceptional

Weis was the OC in KC who saved Haley from himself.

Again, you either aren't doing your homework or trolling

Asante left in 08. Leading rusher went to IR . Injuries. Defense got older. 11-5 after that loss and losing Tom was exceptional

Weis was the OC in KC who saved Haley from himself.

Again, you either aren't doing your homework or trolling

So let me get this straight...you are making excuses to give Bill more credit and some more excuses to take credit away from Haley? That's extremely funny.

Injuries are part of the game. I simply showed how Cassel's season being brought up every time to praise Bill was not that special.

This is not true. The reports were that BB chewed him out over his blocking performance during camp during one of the daily "lowlights" sessions where he does it to everyone (including coaches).

Gronk himself confirmed in an interview last December that he was not even close to being competitive during camp and also not quite there yet in the first part of the season. If a player stops following parts of his strength and conditioning schedule and then gets pancaked regularly in camp then it should not come as a surprise if he gets called out on it.
First time I am hearing about these reports.

So let me get this straight...you are making excuses to give Bill more credit

Its not excuses- its reality.

Tell me, did you expect them to go 18-1 in 2008 after losing from the previous year their top CB, MVP, top rusher, missing #1 draft pick and an aging defense? You sound entitled.

and some more excuses to take credit away from Haley? That's extremely funny.

Haley was hired in 2009 the same year Cassell arrived and went 4-12. Weis comes in as OC in 2010 and they go 10-6 and Cassell goes to the ProBowl. In 2011 Weis was gone and Haley is fired mid season. You tell me who should get the credit.

Injuries are part of the game. I simply showed how Cassel's season being brought up every time to praise Bill was not that special.
Yes and you are wrong.

Its about time you come out of the closet and admit you are a BB hater. You will never give him credit for anything. Just admit it publicly. You'll feel better.

Yea hes right. I heard them too. Gronk did publicly say his blocking was sub par.
Good to know, but I heard it was the Guerrero thing that was the major point of conflict.

Good to know, but I heard it was the Guerrero thing that was the major point of conflict.
I think those reports where specific to sometime during the 2017 season. The, "My blocking has not been good" quotes from Gronk was pertaining to his 2018 TC performance.

Glad he wasn’t traded but it’s clear Gronk won’t retire a Patriot. He leaves when Brady leaves.

Glad he wasn’t traded but it’s clear Gronk won’t retire a Patriot. He leaves when Brady leaves.
God I don't want to agree with you but at this point anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes