PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk gets 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I think he was trying hit him square in the back too, but I still think if you hit someone in the head with your elbow during an action, you still elbowed them in the head.

Gronk is just a big guy. His whole forearm extends the whole width of that guys body. Looking at both angles everyone has a point. His hand hits the middle back extending all the way to his elbow which hits the bottom of the helmet. Everyone is right. And the follow through encompasses the whole upper body. Just a bad play overall. If only defenders stop holding and grabbing him and the refs calling bogus OPI it would have never come to this. Gronk is not the only one guilty on his. It's like the Christmas story. The kid gets picked on endlessly until he snaps.

Bad play but watch the film objectively the elbow hits in the upper back and then slides up to his head. It's on that clip, he aimed for the back not the head.
some here need glasses..it was clearly to the head

Reading the comments here, I think there are some reasonable explanations offered, but no legitimate justifications.

some here need glasses..it was clearly to the head

Just a bad move on Gronks part. Gronk is massive. He engulfed that whole guy. My above post addressed it.

So you're arguing he didn't hit him with the elbow, but rather the ... side of the elbow. Is that it?

Elbowing someone in the head is driving your elbow into their head.

Gronk drove his whole body into White's back and helmet.

upload_2017-12-5_16-36-21.png

upload_2017-12-5_16-39-58.png

200.gif

It was an elbow to the head...really amusing reading some posts trying to say it wasn't really an elbow.
It was a classic elbow to the back of the guy's head. Gronk is a man child and reacted like a baby..the guy pushed him and intercepted the ball..Gronk could not handle it.

It was an elbow to the head...really amusing reading some posts trying to say it wasn't really an elbow.
It was a classic elbow to the back of the guy's head. Gronk is a man child and reacted like a baby..the guy pushed him and intercepted the ball..Gronk could not handle it.

So this must be a hip check. I mean his hip hit during the contact as well.

200.gif

you do realize that an elbow can make contact with someone's head in a variety of ways.

So did Gronk Chest him, Shoulder him, Upper armed him, Bellied him, and Elbow him?

By your definition I "Elbowed" half the people in NYC walking to Times Square.

Maybe he slapped him in the back too. His hand made contact with his back.

So did Gronk Chest him, Shoulder him, Upper armed him, Bellied him, and Elbow him?

no, he drove his elbow to the back of the guy's head....yes, his elbow is part of his arm. The video is clear as day..I'm done

no, he drove his elbow to the back of the guy's head....yes, his elbow is part of his arm. The video is clear as day..I'm done

His Elbow isn't the first thing to touch his head. By the time his Elbow contacts the helmet the damage had been done.
upload_2017-12-5_17-31-41.png

But maybe you're right because he also kneed him in the ass. :D

upload_2017-12-5_17-33-31.png

No Fiesta this time

One less game gronk can get hurt. He can heal up any minor injuries he has going on while he thinks about how much of a moron he is for that dirty play. Then we can move on.

Fox News reported it as a body slam. True story.

@sambam94 - Was just having fun with the last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back